The official Bengals should playing today game thread

Just finished Mercy Street on PBS. How did the game go? ?

Good...another year done. Echoing my comrade Sap's sentiments.

Don't ask me.  I was continuing the Foyle's War binge watch on Netflix.

To be honest, I did catch a bit of the end of the first half and all I could think was how much better the Bengals and McCarron looked against Denver than the Camthers.

Is it just me or was Nantz and Sims pulling hard for Carolina? They were awful last night, no surprise there. 

You would think that Talib raped one of their sisters. They were giving him the Burfict treatment.

There was one play where somebody getting ready to sack Newton was tackled right out in the open. No flag and neither one of them mentioned it. You know Simms was watching Cam and had to have seen it. This selective ref critique drives me nuts.

This selective ref critique drives me nuts.

Yep. I really like the wrestling (insert laughter/you do know it's fake here) and if you're used to something being fixed it becomes easier to spot the obvious times it's fixed in other sports. Vince McMahon has a chubby for presenting certain people one way and certain events another, and you can tell in NFL commentary when they have a producer or similar in their ear telling them to rag on this guy, laud this one, etcetc. The NFL has a clear company line about which players are good boys who love their mom and say their prayers, and which ones are from the wrong side of the track and will always be thugs. Or teams which are blue chip and those which are making up the numbers. The moment you spot their propaganda it's impossible to ignore it.

Why compare that to the WWE? Well the bad calls are always major ones which affect a games outcome, and the makeup calls so that the stats show an even split of penalties are always unimportant. D-Holding on third down and goal which gives a team a new set of downs means way more than D-holding on the 1st down after a kick return that moves you from the 20 to the 25. This happens in NFL, Football (penalties and ludicrous amounts of injury time) etc etc. As soon as you spot it, it's obvious. Any time there is money on the line (I don't know if you have spot fixing in the US but it's a major issue every where else) then the result is open for manipulation. Tim Donaghy etc.

That's all got slightly off topic. I guess I just hate having to suspense my disbelief for something that is allegedly a genuine sport.

Thing is, anyone who watched him at Auburn and his first 4 years in the league could see with their eyes that Cam has always had a bit of a short coming when it comes to accuracy, throwing into tight windows and throwing receivers open. He's gotten a lot better in the accuracy department but I still see him have trouble throwing into coverage consistently. If you corner him in the pocket with a good pass rush (like Seattle in the 2nd half and Denver all day) you can make him hold the ball for far too long or have him throw the ball into bad situations. The whole childish pouting thing is just the icing on the cake for everyone who doubts Cam's "greatness". 

Archived