This year still hurts...

I don't know about the rest of you, but the way this season ended is still painful anytime I think about football. Usually before the superbowl I've recovered and can watch the games/talk about next year, but this year is different. Weeks after the superbowl I can still barely think about football without the rush of disappointment coming back and the memory of falling on the ground laughing like a maniac when we got the last INT and knowing we were going to win...ugh...I hope by the draft it has started to fade, but it might not until we win a damn playoff game

The Playoff Game was the proverbial straw for me. I can never look at the NFL again seriously. The steady decline into corruption and hypocrisy by this farcical league was culminated for me on that night. I grew up loving this game more than any other. But it was a time when they played the real game, and not some watered-down, over-regulated, facsimile.

If or when this league again lets men play the game of football as it was originally played, then I will return to being a serious fan. Until then, I just watch (sometimes) and shake my fucking head.    

I don't know about the rest of you, but the way this season ended is still painful anytime I think about football. Usually before the superbowl I've recovered and can watch the games/talk about next year, but this year is different. Weeks after the superbowl I can still barely think about football without the rush of disappointment coming back and the memory of falling on the ground laughing like a maniac when we got the last INT and knowing we were going to win...ugh...I hope by the draft it has started to fade, but it might not until we win a damn playoff game

Not sure how old you are, but coming from someone who lived through XVI and XXIII, you may never completely get over it.  To this day, I can't watch highlights of either of those games, especially XXIII.

The Playoff Game was the proverbial straw for me. I can never look at the NFL again seriously. The steady decline into corruption and hypocrisy by this farcical league was culminated for me on that night. I grew up loving this game more than any other. But it was a time when they played the real game, and not some watered-down, over-regulated, facsimile.

If or when this league again lets men play the game of football as it was originally played, then I will return to being a serious fan. Until then, I just watch (sometimes) and shake my fucking head.    

I have a feeling that this year was a turning point for me, as well.  Yes, I'm fed up with the league, but I'm not excusing the franchise that finds new and creative ways to break its fans hearts.  About ready to say "enough is enough".  I'll let you know in six or seven months how that's working out.  Given that I still visit this site nearly every day, I'm not confident in my ability to walk away.

Not sure how old you are, but coming from someone who lived through XVI and XXIII, you may never completely get over it.  To this day, I can't watch highlights of either of those games, especially XXIII.

I have a feeling that this year was a turning point for me, as well.  Yes, I'm fed up with the league, but I'm not excusing the franchise that finds new and creative ways to break its fans hearts.  About ready to say "enough is enough".  I'll let you know in six or seven months how that's working out.  Given that I still visit this site nearly every day, I'm not confident in my ability to walk away.

Yeah XXIII was when I really became a fan, was young enough and early enough in my fandom I got over it

At least you guys know what a playoff win feels like. I was born in 91.

I'm still sick thinking about that game too and its been a month and half. I was at that game sitting in the endzone on the side where the interception and fumble happened at the end. Literally never been on such an emotional roller coaster. When Burfict got that interception, I literally couldn't breathe and crying tears of joy to 5 minutes later asking my brother next to me, WTF just happened?

I don't know what it is, but I'm more of a college football fan anyways. The NFL just isn't as good as it used to be thanks to fuckhead Goodell. I feel way more passionate about Ohio State than I do with the Bengals. Winning a couple championships in my lifetime helps heal the pain as well.  I'm just so used to the Bengals wetting the bed year after year. Now we have to wait another year just to see if they can break through. 

It gets brought up at work about once a week and every time it does I become filled with rage. if 32 just doesn't fumble we win and Burfict is labeled as a hero but as it stands 55 is now the most hated man in the NFL and suspended the first 3 games. I was basically black out drunk by the time of the fumble and still haven't seen it. I don't know how to feel about next season yet, except that I think the team takes a step back with all the changes on staff and most likely free agency. 

At least you guys know what a playoff win feels like. I was born in 91.

I'm still sick thinking about that game too and its been a month and half. I was at that game sitting in the endzone on the side where the interception and fumble happened at the end. Literally never been on such an emotional roller coaster. When Burfict got that interception, I literally couldn't breathe and crying tears of joy to 5 minutes later asking my brother next to me, WTF just happened?

I don't know what it is, but I'm more of a college football fan anyways. The NFL just isn't as good as it used to be thanks to fuckhead Goodell. I feel way more passionate about Ohio State than I do with the Bengals. Winning a couple championships in my lifetime helps heal the pain as well.  I'm just so used to the Bengals wetting the bed year after year. Now we have to wait another year just to see if they can break through. 

at least you still know what its like to be in your 20's.. We've seen the same amount of super bowl wins and I love the way the future of this team looks....

Trade ya!!!!!!

Yes

and yes...

The league got what it wanted with the endless amount of rules and variations on rules. Look no further than Mike "EXPERT" Carey. Whenever they call him in, he and the field ref have different views at least half the time. That opens up TONS of room to keep games more competitive or influence whatever you want.

Our playoff game was a prime example.

1. Shawn Williams hits their receiver with his shoulder FLAG

2. Burfict hits their receiver with his shoulder FLAG

3. Shazier hits our receiver with the crown of his helmet NO FLAG

4. Joey Porter gets in our huddle in the middle of the field FLAG on pacman

5. Martavis Bryant is still bobbling the ball TOUCHDOWN

Literally every single call like that went Pitt's way. It isn't a coincidence.

They're the dirtiest team in the league because they're allowed to get away with it.

If ANYONE dare fight back the NFL spins their media machine to label any player or team attempting to do so as dirty.

It's disgusting.

The league got what it wanted with the endless amount of rules and variations on rules. Look no further than Mike "EXPERT" Carey. Whenever they call him in, he and the field ref have different views at least half the time. That opens up TONS of room to keep games more competitive or influence whatever you want.

Our playoff game was a prime example.

1. Shawn Williams hits their receiver with his shoulder FLAG

2. Burfict hits their receiver with his shoulder FLAG

3. Shazier hits our receiver with the crown of his helmet NO FLAG

4. Joey Porter gets in our huddle in the middle of the field FLAG on pacman

5. Martavis Bryant is still bobbling the ball TOUCHDOWN

Literally every single call like that went Pitt's way. It isn't a coincidence.

They're the dirtiest team in the league because they're allowed to get away with it.

If ANYONE dare fight back the NFL spins their media machine to label any player or team attempting to do so as dirty.

It's disgusting.

And you're not even mentioning our DL getting tackled play after play & all sorts of other horseshit in that game.

Like I said, I don't feel that bad about the loss because I no longer take NFL football seriously as a sporting event. 

The Super Bowl losses were painful, but at least they lost fair and square. This game was a screw job. I was just thinking about the game a lot yesterday after driving downtown in the rain. That was the biggest screw job since Super Bowl XL. Same recipients. Dirty fucking refs. 

I just keep rationalizing that we would've been too banged up to beat the pats and that the stealers got beat.

Fuck the stealers! Fuck the refs! Fuck Simms, Nantz, Carey and any other fucking idiot that villianizes the bengals and gives Shazier, Porter, Cockmunchak, Collinsworth and the rest of the stealers a pass.

And most of all, fuck Jeremy Fuckface Fowler for sucking stealer cock every article and perpetuating the facade that the stealers are a classy organization.

The Super Bowl losses were painful, but at least they lost fair and square. This game was a screw job. I was just thinking about the game a lot yesterday after driving downtown in the rain. That was the biggest screw job since Super Bowl XL. Same recipients. Dirty fucking refs

Dirty fucking league.  The refs are just employees, they aren't doing this on their own.

Archived