Bengals FA News/Rumors

Figured a thread dedicated to any news/tidbits from our free agents would be nice.  Negotiation period starts tonight at 12:01.  This is where you with twitter shall shine.  Post updates here so we can freak out.

George update from rotoworld:

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Jim Owczarski reports free agent S George Iloka has received "serious interest" from five teams.

Among the five teams interested are the Bengals, who want to re-sign the young star. Owczarski reports the Falcons, Giants, Lions and Vikings are also interested, and the Redskins were linked earlier this offseason. Only 25, Iloka's market will be strong.

Marvin Jones update (Fuck Hue):

The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports the Browns are "pursuing" free agent WR Marvin Jones.

They won't be the only ones. ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini has already reported that Jones is the No. 1 free-agent receiver on most teams' boards. Jones will be in high demand over the next two days and seems like a lock to be overpaid. Following coach Hue Jackson to Cleveland makes a ton of sense. Jones wouldn't have to learn a new scheme and would be more of a focal point.

Bottom line is we don't need a #1 receiver. Other teams do. They will pay him accordingly, and we will never pay him beyond a top level #2. So, he's as good as gone. We will draft our #2 this year, potentially in the same mold as him, and most likely not in the first round either. I'm looking at round 2 for his replacement. We should also get a good comp if he's signed to a #1 receiver contract, so I don't see as forgoing a 3rd round comp pick to re-sign him for outlandish money.

Iloka is a different story IMHO. He's young and quite possibly our #1 starter in that position. No way will we let him walk easily.

Not Bengal related but the Dolphins are about to acquire Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso from the Eagles.  Thats going to be a significant chunk of change and probably takes them out of the running for our guys.

Bottom line is we don't need a #1 receiver. Other teams do. They will pay him accordingly, and we will never pay him beyond a top level #2. So, he's as good as gone. We will draft our #2 this year, potentially in the same mold as him, and most likely not in the first round either. I'm looking at round 2 for his replacement. We should also get a good comp if he's signed to a #1 receiver contract, so I don't see as forgoing a 3rd round comp pick to re-sign him for outlandish money.

Iloka is a different story IMHO. He's young and quite possibly our #1 starter in that position. No way will we let him walk easily.

They were loaded with safety talent this year so while they've gone aggressively at Iloka I hope they don't get into a bidding war. If someone really wants to pay him 9 mill, peace.

Not Bengal related but the Dolphins are about to acquire Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso from the Eagles.  Thats going to be a significant chunk of change and probably takes them out of the running for our guys.

Eagles apparently aren't  finished.  Looks like they're trading Demarco Murray to the Titans.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/07/titans-trading-for-demarco-murray/

Smith is going to get a lot of money.  Probably the most on the market.  Its starting to sound like a bidding war is about to ensue for Adam.  Fuck.

My guess is Janoris Jenkins is the guy who cashes in biggest. Talented corner and still really young. 

Archived