The Bengals' culture has officially changed

The Bengals have officially flipped the script. Fans are down on them because of their playoff struggles. However, veteran free agents like Karlos Dansby and Brandon LaFell signed with the Bengals because they wanted to win. I elaborate on the culture change and discuss the impact this could have moving forward. 

Audio in the link: http://www.espn1530.com/onair/james-rapien-56340/the-bengals-culture-has-officially-changed-14559387/#ixzz44lcuotm1

When I heard about Dansby saying what he had been saying, I got this vibe immediately. The guy is a consummate pro, he knows the Bengals have a good team and a better chance than 2/3 of the nfl at going far. Plus I think he might be someone that Burfict can look up to for tuteledge.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I hope so. It does feel like there's nothing left to lose after that hideous loss to Pittsburgh.

With the loss to the Steelers I kind of look at it this way....

No one won that game... After decades of the Steelers slapping teams in the face disrespectfully with dirty play the Bengals finally stood up and slapped them back. The league didn't like it so they punished the Bengals. The Bengals did ensure that the Steelers didn't go any further though which in my book was a win. Fuck those pieces of shit and fuck the NFL for always showing favor to them....

With the loss to the Stealers I kind of look at it this way....

No one won that game... After decades of the Stealers slapping teams in the face disrespectfully with dirty play the Bengals finally stood up and slapped them back. The league didn't like it so they punished the Bengals. The Bengals did ensure that the Stealers didn't go any further though which in my book was a win. Fuck those pieces of shit and fuck the NFL for always showing favor to them....

:6:

No one won that game... After decades of the Stealers slapping teams in the face disrespectfully with dirty play the Bengals finally stood up and slapped them back. The league didn't like it so they punished the Bengals. The Bengals did ensure that the Stealers didn't go any further though which in my book was a win. Fuck those pieces of shit and fuck the NFL for always showing favor to them....

what he said.

I respectfully disagree. The referees won. 

The satisfaction of knowing that the Bengals left them beaten, bruised, and hobbled heading into their next round game will always be a source of satisfaction.  I much would have rather they won the game, but that's a damned good consolation prize.  The playground bully finally got his mouth mashed, and seeing him run crying to the teacher was sweet.  It doesn't fully make up for Keith Gary, Whines Hard, and the like, but it's a start.

Right on brother. I'm glad we fucked up their playoff hopes. That's one dirty franchise

The so-called culture flipped 10 years ago. And besides, the losing culture is bullshit. They didn't suck in the 90s because they had a losing mentality. They sucked because they had a shitty organization from top to bottom. It's hilarious when people say that Marvin showed up and got rid of the losing mentality that the team had. Does anybody really think that the players on the 90s teams didn't want to win? That they just needed somebody to come along and tell them that winning is good and convince them that they can win? The team got better because the drafts got better and the coaches got better. He never had to talk players into wanting to win. That's nonsense.

this is stupid. bengals are one of the most successful franchises of the 21st century. and you dorks think that because a declining 34 year old linebacker who was cut by the worst team in the league signed a one year deal here and because we signed a number 2 wr who didnt do anything last year it validates this article? thats just weird

this is stupid. bengals are one of the most successful franchises of the 21st century. and you dorks think that because a declining 34 year old linebacker who was cut by the worst team in the league signed a one year deal here and because we signed a number 2 wr who didnt do anything last year it validates this article? thats just weird

I am confused.. has it changed or do they still suck? Sounds like you are saying both to me...

I am confused.. has it changed or do they still suck? Sounds like you are saying both to me...

What does signing two mediocre free agents have to do with the "culture" sports talk radio nonsense this douchebag is talking about? Why is this confusing to you? The Bengals are a very good team, signing two mediocre has beens is finally the indication that the culture has changed? What about all of the playoff games, the fact that players don't want to leave?? The fact that assistant coaches are being poached constantly and are actually succeeding unlike patriots assistants? The culture is and has been fine for a long time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

What does signing two mediocre free agents have to do with the "culture" sports talk radio nonsense this douchebag is talking about? Why is this confusing to you? The Bengals are a very good team, signing two mediocre has beens is finally the indication that the culture has changed? What about all of the playoff games, the fact that players don't want to leave?? The fact that assistant coaches are being poached constantly and are actually succeeding unlike patriots assistants? The culture is and has been fine for a long time.

that's what I was confused about..  I swear I just misread your post.. I read the "you dorks" as people on here thinking they are great signings, and you berating them for it...

must still be tired from staying up and watching that awesome game last night..

my bad man...

The Bengals stepped up?   The only guy I saw who stepped up was Vontaze Burfict who was all over the field and kept the Bengals in the game.    We need more Burficts

that's what I was confused about..  I swear I just misread your post.. I read the "you dorks" as people on here thinking they are great signings, and you berating them for it...

must still be tired from staying up and watching that awesome game last night..

my bad man...

The dorks are the people that always buy in to the sports talk radio, pardon the interruption, first take nonsense that has become so prevalent in modern sports. Culture has changed? Really?

When I heard about Dansby saying what he had been saying, I got this vibe immediately. The guy is a consummate pro, he knows the Bengals have a good team and a better chance than 2/3 of the nfl at going far. Plus I think he might be someone that Burfict can look up to for tuteledge.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

He sounds just like James Harrison did, didn't mean shit.

Only you would find a way to bash a damn good LB who is one of the best coverage LBs in the NFL still. He was cut because he asked for it and the Browns are tanking. He's 34 years old and still a top 10 nickel LB in the league.

I will be the bad guy here I guess & say they still have a tendency to play like they're waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I think that's more the fans than the team these days but it does carry over at times.   They overcome that most of the time but the expectation that they will fuck up is a poisonous thing to contend with just the same.   That "Cincinnati sports = failure" boo-hoo shit needs a one-way trip behind the woodshed.  The franchise's culture may have changed but the fans in large part have not.  Call it voodoo but I maintain that this is a problem.

The Bengals stepped up?   The only guy I saw who stepped up was Vontaze Burfict who was all over the field and kept the Bengals in the game.    We need more Burficts

I absolutely love Burfict & what he brings and he killed it in the second half for sure.... but to be fair if the other 10 guys ain't doin their jobs, Burfict isn't roaming free to make those big plays imo. So I disagree. 

Archived