The "The Bengals Don't Go WR in 1" Mock Draft

I just have to wonder if the Bengals would take a #3 or 4 target in the first round if he's not CLEARLY the best player available.  In this mock I'm assuming no.

1. William Jackson III CB Houston - good length and great speed.  Dre hasn't lived up, DQ is hurt a lot, Adam is getting old, and Hall is possibly retiring.

2. Sterling Shepard WR OU - Instant upgrade in the slot

3. Adolphus Washington DT OSU - Bring the kid home

4. Matt Judon DE Grand Valley State - Lead all of college football in sacks

5. Nick Kwiatkowski OLB WVa - Saize to play SAM and some coverage skills

6. Cody Core WR Ole Miss - Late round developmental gem.  Good size/speed combo

7. Stephane Nembot OT Colorado - Big strong kid to develop at OT and maybe play some OG.

I've thought about William Jackson or another corner at 24 myself. Like you said, corner is becoming a need (honestly you can't have enough of them nowadays), PLUS just out of spite it possibly screws Pittsburgh's chance at a player they might really covet with corner being a major weakness for them.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I just have to wonder if the Bengals would take a #3 or 4 target in the first round if he's not CLEARLY the best player available.  In this mock I'm assuming no.

1. William Jackson III CB Houston - good length and great speed.  Dre hasn't lived up, DQ is hurt a lot, Adam is getting old, and Hall is possibly retiring.

2. Sterling Shepard WR OU - Instant upgrade in the slot

3. Adolphus Washington DT OSU - Bring the kid home

4. Matt Judon DE Grand Valley State - Lead all of college football in sacks

5. Nick Kwiatkowski OLB WVa - Saize to play SAM and some coverage skills

6. Cody Core WR Ole Miss - Late round developmental gem.  Good size/speed combo

7. Stephane Nembot OT Colorado - Big strong kid to develop at OT and maybe play some OG.

Well, that's one.  :lol: 

I wouldn't mind the next 2. Unless they get a DT beast in the 2nd and a decent WR is left in the 3rd. I'm assuming that both Bama DTs will be gone by 55.  So who's next? Or Jack Myles to line up with Burdock and Kralos.

Archived