They just said on 700 that there are reports the Bengals are looking into trading up to get in front of Minnesota to get Doctson.  Make this happen.

Better be careful, there are rumors Cleveland and Baltimore are trying to trade back w/ Miami so the Fins can take Zeke and Clev. or Baltimore take Doctson. 

It sounds like I need to start talking myself into Fuller.   This video makes me feel a little better.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/0ap3000000651953/First-Draft-Will-Fuller

I hate the Ted Ginn comparison.  I would like to think that he could be Antonio Brown, but Brown is much tougher in the middle of the field and has better hands. 

Yeah I've been doing that the past day as well.

It sounds like I need to start talking myself into Fuller.   This video makes me feel a little better.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/0ap3000000651953/First-Draft-Will-Fuller

I hate the Ted Ginn comparison.  I would like to think that he could be Antonio Brown, but Brown is much tougher in the middle of the field and has better hands. 

Mayock compares him to Marvin Harrison.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000635546/article/mayock-compares-notre-dames-will-fuller-to-2016-hall-of-famer

They just said on 700 that there are reports the Bengals are looking into trading up to get in front of Minnesota to get Doctson.  Make this happen.

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

I'm thinking we swap firsts and take their second for AJ McCarron.

I man can dream.

Hell, while I'm dreaming why don't they throw Wilkerson into the mix?

I would be absolutely shocked if the Bengals actually move up.  I just don't see them giving away a single pick in this draft... the only way I could see if is if some team is willing to do it for a pick in the 2017 draft (where there will likely be 11 of them).

I'm still hoping for a trade down a few picks and then snatching up Michael Thomas.

well, they have similar frames and they are both from Philly. I'd say Harrison's hands are better and Fuller's faster.

I sure like that comparison better than the one with Ted Ginn. Although Fuller and Ginn seem to have a similar stride when running downfield, and both can contribute as kick returners. 

No thinks Fuller is the next Antonio Brown, not as fearless and doesn't run sharp routes like Brown. Steve Smith is 5'9" 195 lbs that is a much different body type than 6'0" 185 lbs. 

Pre-Draft had Smith Sr at 5'9" 184 pounds. So not so different as your post would make it seem. There is a good chance Fuller adds some bulk in an NFL strength program, and as his body continues to mature.

FWIW, I don't have an opinion on what kind of player Fuller will be. I do however find it amusing how certain some people are about this process and how so many minds get so firmly made over watching some youtube videos.

No thinks Fuller is the next Antonio Brown, not as fearless and doesn't run sharp routes like Brown. Steve Smith is 5'9" 195 lbs that is a much different body type than 6'0" 185 lbs. 

Plus Steve Smith is as tough and as scrappy as they come.  Will Fuller isn't the same type of guy.  

Plus Steve Smith is as tough and as scrappy as they come.  Will Fuller isn't the same type of guy.  

Didn't know you guys were so close.  And why isn't he tough?  Because he doesn't scream and yell and carry on like a jackass like Steve Smith does?  When the game was on the line Fuller always stepped up for ND.  Hell he carried them to a win (went to Kelly and asked him to let him carry them) against Virginia on his back after Zaire went down.  There's all kinds of different toughness and scrappiness.  Fuller has it and I'll take that kind of game changing toughness and burning desire to just go beat the other guy any day.

Didn't know you guys were so close.  And why isn't he tough?  Because he doesn't scream and yell and carry on like a jackass like Steve Smith does?  When the game was on the line Fuller always stepped up for ND.  Hell he carried them to a win (went to Kelly and asked him to let him carry them) against Virginia on his back after Zaire went down.  There's all kinds of different toughness and scrappiness.  Fuller has it and I'll take that kind of game changing toughness and burning desire to just go beat the other guy any day.

This is what makes Fuller appealing.  He plays his best on the big occasion.

I wouldn't trade up.  I don't think the Bengals will trade up, it will be a risk.  What happens if Doctson doesn't get past the Titans at #15 (say).  To trade up to that spot the Bengals would have to give away their first and 2nd rounders for sure.

Pre-Draft had Smith Sr at 5'9" 184 pounds. So not so different as your post would make it seem. There is a good chance Fuller adds some bulk in an NFL strength program, and as his body continues to mature.

FWIW, I don't have an opinion on what kind of player Fuller will be. I do however find it amusing how certain some people are about this process and how so many minds get so firmly made over watching some youtube videos.

There is a big difference, 3 inches which makes for a different body type. Someone at that is 5'9 185 is more stocky and probably more muscular than someone that is 6'0" 185.

Here is the NFL.com draft profile for Fuller:

WEAKNESSES

Undersized outside receiver with skinny legs who is unlikely to make a living in the middle of the field. Hands can be wretched at times (see Boston College game). Body catcher with focus issues and lack of hand strength. Logged nine drops in each of the last two seasons. Feast or famine target lacking frame and hands to be a volume receiver. Needs to improve route savvy for underneath and intermediate routes. Won't offer much at all as run blocker.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Rounds 1 or 2

SOURCES TELL US

"I hear the DeSean Jackson comparison and I can't get there. DeSean was faster, tougher and more reliable than Fuller. I'm not saying Fuller can't play, but I don't think he's DeSean." -- Former NFL receiver and current scout

NFL COMPARISON

Ted Ginn, Jr.

BOTTOM LINE

Fuller doesn't check all the boxes with his slight frame, below average hands and limitations with his game-­by­-game production, but he possesses the coveted ability to hit the big play and score touchdowns. My grade might be higher than some, but Fuller has the type of functional speed that can win deep and free teammates up in the intermediate passing game. Look for Fuller to come in and contribute early on as a third receiver.

FYI NFL.com has Fuller as the highest rated WR in the draft over Treadwell. Not saying he's not a good player I just don't think he's a great fit for our team and division. We play a physical brand of football in the AFC North and skinny guy that doesn't go across the middle and has questionable hands doesn't seem like the best option for the first round. 

Trading up is a very un-Bengals thing to do. 

However, this year feels a little bit different than in the past. We have a much more glaring hole (WR) and at a position of great importance in our scheme. It also feels like we are really, really close to breaking through on a deep playoff run and are only 1 or 2 players away.

If all it takes is a 4th-rounder to hop up a few spots and get the WR they like best vs. reaching for a Plan C or passing on WR altogether, I am all for it. We'll have a shit ton of comp. picks next year to replenish the depth in a major way. 

Go up and get the difference-maker at WR in round 1 and then scoop up a 1st-round DL talent who can make an early impact in round 2 (with all the depth at the position). Get those 2 goals accomplished and even striking out on (or trading) the rest of the picks won't be too big of a deal. 

Better be careful, there are rumors Cleveland and Baltimore are trying to trade back w/ Miami so the Fins can take Zeke and Clev. or Baltimore take Doctson. 

Any such trade agreement, even if arranged ahead of time, would be delayed until real time to see how the board played out...especially on the day of the draft.

Archived