Who we will actually draft at 24?/Who do you want us to draft at 24?

I would be happy with Jackson I think hes gonna be a good one and I definitely don't want him going to shitsburgh like I've seen alot of places. Who I would want I think out of the wr Treadwell would fit us the best. We have AJ to stretch the field we can use a guy that can big boy smaller dbs to keep chains moving plus he seems me as one of those guys that their play speed increases big time when ball is in the air. Like a T.O. or Chad Johnson. Say what you will about them but when that ball went in the air you could see them hit another gear they didn't have any other time. Thats why T.O ran about the same 40 as Treadwell but go and check how many deep balls T.O. just wanted more than the db and was able to seperate in a straight up sprint with them when the ball was up there. Hell he was even still doing it a good bit the last year of his career in Cincy. Thats who Treadwell reminds me of the most. Seems to have great hands and doesn't seem to be shy about blocking either. I think a guy like him being the 2/3 option with Eifert is the way to go not with a speedster like Fuller.

On defense I would love Nkemdiche. Ever since the ole miss alabama game I watched last year that he dominated I cant help but want to have this guy line up between Geno and Dunlap. He dominated that game and made it look so easy. My neohew told me a bit about his smoking and cutting himself up on glass etc. Yes dumb but we were all young once and have done our fair share of stupid shit I know I have at least. His mistake wasn't that bad and hopefully the kid gets it because he could be a really good one in my opinion.

If we're choosing any player there or not I'm going with Myles Jack or J Smith if he was healthy no question

I'm beginning to warm to the Alabama Center. Bodine is the Peko of the O line and while he's not horrible, if you upgrade him you take away the single biggest reason for AD interceptions.  

The more I see of him the more I'm warming up to the idea of it too. Bodine has been disappointing especially since his stength was supposed to be his best attribute but he gets dominated by the bigger tackles when you would think thats where he would shine so I think Kelly could be nice upgrade.

I want Doctson or Coleman but think we end up drafting the center from Bama. Hopefully trading back for an extra 3rd if that is the case.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Don't think we could if that was the case. I wouldn't be suprised if Seattle takes Kelly 2 picks later at 26.

The more I see of him the more I'm warming up to the idea of it too. Bodine has been disappointing especially since his stength was supposed to be his best attribute but he gets dominated by the bigger tackles when you would think thats where he would shine so I think Kelly could be nice upgrade.

Paul Alexander would have a say here: he was so enamored with Russell, didn't we move up to take him (can't remember)? Did he visit Kelly's pro day, or have any other contact with him for evaluation? If not, then I would say there is a zero chance the Bengals take him.  

Paul Alexander would have a say here: he was so enamored with Russell, didn't we move up to take him (can't remember)? Did he visit Kelly's pro day, or have any other contact with him for evaluation? If not, then I would say there is a zero chance the Bengals take him.  

Yea they did move up from 123 to 111 and gave Seattle a 6th to do it. Im not sure if Alexander went to his pro day or anything because I was of the same thinking that they wouldn't take him so didn't pay much mind to Kelly. I think it could be a good pick doubtful that's the way they go though but its always seemed the Bengals have listened to Alexander for the most part when it comes to the draft or at least his word/opinions are highly regarded so like you alluded to who knows maybe if Alexander likes him that much they'll pull the trigger I doubt it though. I started watching more on Kelly due to my nephew being a Seattle fan and him being good with Seattle taking him at 26 so gave him a look through and was pretty impressed. Hes a tough kid that I think woud be a very possible nice upgrade and safe pick sure wouldn't be the exciting pick though. Non hardcore fans might not be too happy with another olineman after the 1st 2 picks last year but they would get over it after piling wins up running the ball down other teams throats every week. We will see though the end of the week needs to get here already.

I think the Bengals might surprise everyone and take a corner.  I'd put the odds on this at 25%.  Marvin's biggest fear is not have a room full of good corners. Over the years they have gone back to the corner well time after time.  Marvin seems to think that you only get corners in the first round.  While Jones/Dennard/Kirkpatrick/Shaw might be a decent group; it isn't a great group.  Bonus is that Pitt needs a corner and they pick right behind us.  

I'm not worried and actually feel pretty good heading into the draft this year.  I trust the Bengals to make a great choice.

Personally I think I'd pick up one of the WR's as that seems like an area of need, but most would say you pick the best player available regardless.

WR, center from Bama, one of top CB's, top LB, DLine...I don't think we can go wrong with some of selections that could be available and the decisions the front office has made in the past few drafts.

I'm actually more interested/intrigued by who we might pick in the later rounds.  I don't follow college football very closely, so those pics are always an education for me.

I think the Bengals might surprise everyone and take a corner.  I'd put the odds on this at 25%.  Marvin's biggest fear is not have a room full of good corners. Over the years they have gone back to the corner well time after time.  Marvin seems to think that you only get corners in the first round.  While Jones/Dennard/Kirkpatrick/Shaw might be a decent group; it isn't a great group.  Bonus is that Pitt needs a corner and they pick right behind us.  

I wouldn't be completely surprised if we did.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if we did.

Jackson would be sweet. Can never have too many good cbs. And like you said keeping him away from the Stoolers would be icing on the cake. I like everything about that kid not a weak area in his game.

God I hope we don't take another 1st round CB that Marvin won't bother playing until 2019. We waste way too many 1st round/2nd round picks on future needs when the team has a glaring need somewhere else. Like WR this year, DE two years ago, etc etc. not only is it a waste by not helping an immediate need, but it's also a waste of "cheap" high end talent. As it is now they get like one year of starting out of them and then have to pay a big contract.. Most teams get 4-5 solid years out of their high picks before they have to pay them big.

i hope we take a WR, Rush DT that can also stop the run, or the Center Kelly. Those are the immediate upgrades.

take the projects that won't play for several years in the later rounds.

Both Lapham and Hobson have unequivocally shot down the Ryan Kelly in round 1 talk. The Bengals still like Bodine enough that they are just looking for a C/G in round 3 or later to push him and provide insurance if Zeilter leaves. You can argue about whether that's wise or not, but Kelly's not going to be the pick. 

Both Lapham and Hobson have unequivocally shot down the Ryan Kelly in round 1 talk. The Bengals still like Bodine enough that they are just looking for a C/G in round 3 or later to push him and provide insurance if Zeilter leaves. You can argue about whether that's wise or not, but Kelly's not going to be the pick. 

That's unfortunate if Lap's info is true.  I think having an average center would help this offense out tremendously...especially in the running game.  Too many times last year our RBs were making their first move 3 yards in the backfield and it seemed like 90% of that pressure was from up the middle.  While Kelly wouldn't be a "sexy" pick, it would probably be the most beneficial on the first day of the season and during the winter months when we have to run the ball.  Sometimes this coaching staff can be very stubborn when it comes to their draft picks (re: Margus Hunt).

Robert Nkemdiche is the guy I want them to take at 24.  If he's not there...

Josh Doctson has the best ball skills in this draft.  He's polished and competitive.  He would contribute immediately.  There has been some badmouthing of Laquon Treadwell going on, but don't believe the hype.  He'll be the first WR taken.  Of what's left, I prefer Doctson by a significant margin.

I'd be OK with Ryan Kelly C/Alabama, but I don't think it's a great value for the pick.

What do I think the Bengals will do?  Take Eli Apple and let Dre Kirkpatrick walk this offseason.

That's unfortunate if Lap's info is true.  I think having an average center would help this offense out tremendously...especially in the running game.  Too many times last year our RBs were making their first move 3 yards in the backfield and it seemed like 90% of that pressure was from up the middle.  While Kelly wouldn't be a "sexy" pick, it would probably be the most beneficial on the first day of the season and during the winter months when we have to run the ball.  Sometimes this coaching staff can be very stubborn when it comes to their draft picks (re: Margus Hunt).

I both agree and disagree. Bodine has been below average and in a dream world, we'd have an upgrade there. On the other hand, I think having a pair of deep threats on the outside opens up the run game at least as much as getting an upgrade at one of the OL spots does.

The interior OL just isn't as impactful as some other positions and that's why it's generally not considered a "premium" position and you don't see too many 1st round Centers or OGs. And in recent years, most of the interior OL drafted in round 1 didn't end up being worth the pick. 

Robert Nkemdiche is the guy I want them to take at 24.  If he's not there...

Josh Doctson has the best ball skills in this draft.  He's polished and competitive.  He would contribute immediately.  There has been some badmouthing of Laquon Treadwell going on, but don't believe the hype.  He'll be the first WR taken.  Of what's left, I prefer Doctson by a significant margin.

I'd be OK with Ryan Kelly C/Alabama, but I don't think it's a great value for the pick.

What do I think the Bengals will do?  Take Eli Apple and let Dre Kirkpatrick walk this offseason.

Apple has a good chance of being picked. Dre isn't walking though. I expect him to be extended before the season starts. Ignore PFF on him, they're clueless with CBs.

If that happens, the odds of us resigning Kirkpatrick will equate to about what our odds were of resigning Andre this spring.

Archived