Charley Casserly Mock Draft 4/25

Biggest concerns with Fuller for me...

- He's small, he doesn't and won't run the middle of the field in the NFL.

- His hands are very questionable

- His best route is the deep ball, but he's more of an open and hit him than he is a go up and get it type of guy. Dalton has improved his deep ball ability but he's more of a throw it up for his WR to get it than he is a hit a guy in stride as he smokes a corner. I'm just not sure how well those 2 compliment each other. Compared to a guy like Coleman or Doctson who has more of an ability to go up and bring it down (even tho Coleman is small he does it well).

- His best route is the deep ball, but he's more of an open and hit him than he is a go up and get it type of guy. Dalton has improved his deep ball ability but he's more of a throw it up for his WR to get it than he is a hit a guy in stride as he smokes a corner. I'm just not sure how well those 2 compliment each other. Compared to a guy like Coleman or Doctson who has more of an ability to go up and bring it down (even tho Coleman is small he does it well).

I have no idea whether they're targeting Fuller or not, but this post is on the money, especially with what you said about Dalton. You'd have to include Treadwell in that "fight for the ball" group, as that's his forte.

I have no idea whether they're targeting Fuller or not, but this post is on the money, especially with what you said about Dalton. You'd have to include Treadwell in that "fight for the ball" group, as that's his forte.

Makes you kind of wonder why we drafted Mario Alford last year then?

this guy is the best deep threat in years.  I don't get the hate for this guy.   And you obviously picked the BC game for a reason.  He's fast real fast.   But he's definitely an outside guy.   

I know there's a knock about drops on him. I watched 5 games though, and the BC game was the only game a pass thrown his way touched the ground.  I'm not convinced its a critical issue rather than a couple games making the entire body of work look questionable.

After reading this article I'm starting to get why Casserly thinks the Bengals would go Fuller over Doctson (and maybe even Treadwell, if the situation occured).

https://sportdfw.com/2016/04/24/will-fuller-2016-nfl-draft-profile/

Doctson and Treadwell come from spread offenses where their route trees were limited to only a few at the most, so some adjustment time would be required in the pros.  Whereas Fuller comes from a pro style offense in which he ran the full route tree.  According to the article, Fuller's drop issues are overblown and he plays his best in big games.  The article also says that even when double teamed, Fuller produced - which would be a nice bonus for the Bengals offense.

I say, if the Bengals want someone who is more pro ready, in their system, then maybe Fuller could actually be a better fit.

After reading this article I'm starting to get why Casserly thinks the Bengals would go Fuller over Doctson (and maybe even Treadwell, if the situation occured).

https://sportdfw.com/2016/04/24/will-fuller-2016-nfl-draft-profile/

Doctson and Treadwell come from spread offenses where their route trees were limited to only a few at the most, so some adjustment time would be required in the pros.  Whereas Fuller comes from a pro style offense in which he ran the full route tree.  According to the article, Fuller's drop issues are overblown and he plays his best in big games.  The article also says that even when double teamed, Fuller produced - which would be a nice bonus for the Bengals offense.

I say, if the Bengals want someone who is more pro ready, in their system, then maybe Fuller could actually be a better fit.

I see what you're saying but just because a team ran a certain style offense doesnt mean the players in said offense arent good route runners of the routes that team didn't run. I get what he's saying being pro ready but a wideout that didn't run all routes in college could concievably be the best in the draft at a particular route that his teams offense didn't use in college. Im not saying thats the case just my take on what he's saying although I do like the way Treadwell sets defenders up and uses his body while running routes which is a bigger thing in the pros with the game being faster the athletes bigger faster stronger the field being smaller and being played more in the middle of the field with the hash marks being more in the middle instead of spread out leaving a ton of space on one side of the field.

I'd be fine with Fuller he produced at a top level throughout both his sophomore and junior years against some of the best talent in the country.  I'd prefer Doctson but I'm cool with Fuller. 

Coleman being the selection scares the shit out of me.  His last 4 games against Okla, Okla St, TCU and Texas?  16 catches 185 yards and 0 TDs.  He had gaudy numbers against the SMUs, Lamar's and Kansases of the world and that doesn't say much for me.

Also...

@‌alexmarvez: .@Gil_Brandt said on @‌SiriusXMNFL that @Vikings & @Bengals both want @JDoc_son & could be some 1st-round jostling to pick him

I'd be fine with Fuller he produced at a top level throughout both his sophomore and junior years against some of the best talent in the country.  I'd prefer Doctson but I'm cool with Fuller. 

Coleman being the selection scares the shit out of me.  His last 4 games against Okla, Okla St, TCU and Texas?  16 catches 185 yards and 0 TDs.  He had gaudy numbers against the SMUs, Lamar's and Kansases of the world and that doesn't say much for me.

Also...

@‌alexmarvez: .@Gil_Brandt said on @‌SiriusXMNFL that @Vikings & @Bengals both want @JDoc_son & could be some 1st-round jostling to pick him

Vikings pick one spot before Bengals, I think the Vikes would win the jostle unless a guy they covet more is still on the board.

I really hope that the Rams pick somebody beside the 2 golden boy QBs just to make ESPN look stupid. They are still butt hurt over the texans not drafting Bush years ago. They had this piece at the beginning of that season with Mario Williams asking him how many TDs he had. Typical ESPN.

Also...

I usually dont put as much stock in prouction because too many different variables can go into it but 4 games in a row is concerning. I hope he's wrong and surely hope we dont give up anything to trade up to take Doctson. I would rather they go somewhere else instead of giving things up to take players unless it was a Myles Jack type. As someone said yesterday I think we were in worse shape at wr when we picked Sanu and Jones in rd 3 & 5 and that worked out well. Even though LaFell let me down after picking him up on my fantasy team after he got healthy I still think he's solid and he will benefit being opposite AJ but with him AJ Eifert and Gio out og backfield I think we are far from being in a dire situation.

I usually dont put as much stock in prouction because too many different variables can go into it but 4 games in a row is concerning. I hope he's wrong and surely hope we dont give up anything to trade up to take Doctson. I would rather they go somewhere else instead of giving things up to take players unless it was a Myles Jack type. As someone said yesterday I think we were in worse shape at wr when we picked Sanu and Jones in rd 3 & 5 and that worked out well. Even though LaFell let me down after picking him up on my fantasy team after he got healthy I still think he's solid and he will benefit being opposite AJ but with him AJ Eifert and Gio out og backfield I think we are far from being in a dire situation.

I think that Doctson tweet is horse shit. Or a smoke screen. 

Makes you kind of wonder why we drafted Mario Alford last year then?

It more makes me wonder why they kept him. 7th round draft picks are 50-50 to make the 53. They must have some plans for him to keep him on the 53 and not take chances with him on the PS. 

I think that Doctson tweet is horse shit. Or a smoke screen. 

I hope so. I was leaning the same way theyre all more full of it this time of year more so than usual they can always just site their sources and who knows who those sources are or if they even exist. Their source could be the Herrs chip guy dropping off a delivery to Wawa who says his wifes sisters husbands brother works for the team but they would never give up their sources anyway so who knows. Plus theres im sure plenty out there that try to get teams thinking theyre leaning certain directions hoping to sucker others into revealing information or possibly causing teams to panic etc.

I hope so. I was leaning the same way theyre all more full of it this time of year more so than usual they can always just site their sources and who knows who those sources are or if they even exist. Their source could be the Herrs chip guy dropping off a delivery to Wawa who says his wifes sisters husbands brother works for the team but they would never give up their sources anyway so who knows. Plus theres im sure plenty out there that try to get teams thinking theyre leaning certain directions hoping to sucker others into revealing information or possibly causing teams to panic etc.

+1 

They don't have extra picks to trade up with and, as you said, they are not in as drastic shape at WR as they were in 2012 and waited til the 3rd round. And if they really want him, why wouldn't they be talking to Houston instead? They are supposedly the first team picking with real WR needs.

+1 

They don't have extra picks to trade up with and, as you said, they are not in as drastic shape at WR as they were in 2012 and waited til the 3rd round. And if they really want him, why wouldn't they be talking to Houston instead? They are supposedly the first team picking with real WR needs.

Exactly nothing extra to give up and with Marvins press conference he sounded like he may be thinking trading back for extra picks citing keeping the teams depth up as reasons. If you were to trade up would definitely be with a team you could be sure to get the best wr on your board not the 2nd or 3rd or else not a very good move in my mind. Don't want to start pulling stupid Eagles moves and trading up 2 seperate times giving up more in the process then you most likely would of just trading up to 2 to begin with but still not being sure for which qb they're taking. Although I do think that's bs Im pretty sure Philly knows who the Rams are taking and who they're trading up to get. If not thats pretty ballsy especially given you just gave your qb that you traded for 2 years ago 35 million to stay lol. Add all they've given up the last 2 years for qbs if this pick doesnt work out they're more than likely screwed for a long time even with all the scrub salary they were able to clear out. Its been great seeing all the Eagles fans around here happy having 2nd pick and others pissed over trading twice and more to do it to go along with knowing or not knowing if they know who they're getting. A pissed Eagle fan is a funny one in my eyes lol.

Also...

Baylor lost their starting QB, then lost the backup QB. At the end of the season they were on the 3rd or 4th stringer so it's no surprise their offense slowed down a lot.

We rarely agree on anything, but this is dead on.

Exactly nothing extra to give up and with Marvins press conference he sounded like he may be thinking trading back for extra picks citing keeping the teams depth up as reasons. If you were to trade up would definitely be with a team you could be sure to get the best wr on your board not the 2nd or 3rd or else not a very good move in my mind. Don't want to start pulling stupid Eagles moves and trading up 2 seperate times giving up more in the process then you most likely would of just trading up to 2 to begin with but still not being sure for which qb they're taking. Although I do think that's bs Im pretty sure Philly knows who the Rams are taking and who they're trading up to get. If not thats pretty ballsy especially given you just gave your qb that you traded for 2 years ago 35 million to stay lol. Add all they've given up the last 2 years for qbs if this pick doesnt work out they're more than likely screwed for a long time even with all the scrub salary they were able to clear out. Its been great seeing all the Eagles fans around here happy having 2nd pick and others pissed over trading twice and more to do it to go along with knowing or not knowing if they know who they're getting. A pissed Eagle fan is a funny one in my eyes lol.

The eagles should pick Zeke. That's what they need more than a QB. I don't think that's out of the question. They probably gave up too much to draft him, but they gave up way too much to draft anybody.

The eagles should pick Zeke. That's what they need more than a QB. I don't think that's out of the question. They probably gave up too much to draft him, but they gave up way too much to draft anybody.

Lol yea they did. They probably should take Zeke I don't see how they could though with all they gave up. After the Murray fallout they would probably riot around here if they did lol. 

Baylor lost their starting QB, then lost the backup QB. At the end of the season they were on the 3rd or 4th stringer so it's no surprise their offense slowed down a lot.

Perfect example of why I never put too much stock in production although it is quite concerning over 4 games it doesn't appear he was able to go out and make 1 or 2 big plays that a dominant player should be able to do. Regardless of situation dominant players will usually find a way to make a few big plays over that many games but doesn't appear he was able to.

Archived