Trade back Mock

Round 1: (Projected Trade w/ Carolina)

*Cincinnati gets #30 & #93 overall for #24 overall

• A run on defensive players leaves several top receivers available at #24. With a good chance they can move back and still get a player they like, Cincinnati takes a deal with Carolina for a 1st and 3rd to move back to #30 overall. Carolina leap-frogs Pittsburgh to target their replacement for Josh Norman.

Round 1 (From Carolina)-

LaQuon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss

• Every year somebody falls that has no business doing so. This year, it’s MegaQuon. There is a lot to like about Treadwell, but there are also enough flaws in his game to cause him to fall. His pedestrian 40 time and lack of explosive ability is going to push him down boards just enough to make us very, very happy.

Round -

Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia

• If Joseph was able to perform for scouts following his ACL injury, he’d be a candidate for the 1st round, but coming off injury will hurt his stock. Joseph is tailor made for AFC North football.

Round 3-

Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State

• With an extra 3rd round pick to spare, we go get the explosion that is missing from the addition of Treadwell. He needs to develop, but he can still be a major player in this offense.

Round 3 (From Carolina)-

Max Tuerk, C, USC

• Bodine needs to be pushed if not outright replaced, and this is the guy to do it. Even if he doesn’t win the job outright, he has experience all across the offensive line that makes him a valuable backup.

Round 4-

Scooby Wright, LB, Arizona

• A little bit of a Maualuga pick here. He’s going to be great headed downhill and defending the run, but may not have the coverage ability to match. I wouldn’t bet against him.

Round 5-

DJ Reader, DT, Clemson

• Peko gets his understudy and Brandon Thompson gets a fellow tiger to work with as well. Reader is a mammoth of a man and has the strength to match it.

Round 6-

Tavon Young, CB, Temple

• If he were 2 inches taller, he’d be going on day 2 instead of day 3. He may be a slot guy and a slot guy ONLY, but he does that very well. Can never have enough depth at corner.

Round 7-

Josh Forrest, LB, Kentucky

• Seems like we’ve been linked with this guy for a while now, and it makes a lot of sense that we will take a chance on a late round linebacker to fill out the roster with AJ Hawk now out the door.

UFA -

Brad Craddock, K, Maryland

• Equally good from inside 40 and out. Need someone to push Nugent or supplant him.

Fair point, I just don't see many pass rushers I think will be better than what they have outside of the 1st Round...which is why I had Kevin Dodd at #24 for a while. Seems like Pro Football Focus stole my trade idea...lol https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/27/draft-5-potential-first-round-trades-in-the-2016-nfl-draft/

Archived