Bengals All Time Team - Slot/3rd WR

Bengals all time Slot/3rd WR  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Bengals All Time Slot/3rd WR?

• Steve Kreider
    • Chris Henry
    • Peter Warrick
    • Mo Sanu

I guess if people want to "write in" Housh they can. If you have already voted in the poll and want to change it to TJ let me know who you voted for so I can count correctly.  

I don't really care that much...I just thought Housh was the guy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, sois said:

This is hard, Slim or P-Dub.

P-Dub would have been amazing in todays NFL. He risked his career for the Bengals. I pick him.

Pdub would have been amazing if he didn't get hurt. He was never a guy that was going to be a #1 for an offense, but he would have been the best of the best as a #2 WR. When he finally got a good WR opposite him and a competent QB he risked his career for a playoff spot and was physically ruined after that. I imagine he would have crushed even the #'s that Housh put up and only God knows what Carson and company would have been able to do if they had Pdub for those years.

On 6/15/2016 at 0:46 PM, TimKrumrieFan said:

Housh lined up way more outside than inside I feel like. Feel like either way it should be a runaway for Henry even in his small sample size.

Whitworth lined up way more at LT than LG, but that didn't stop him from being listed (and winning) the LG position.

I think we should scrap this category altogether.  I find it ludicrous that Chris Henry will be on the Bengals 'All-Time' team over Chad Johnson.  If you are going to take three receivers, just take three receivers.  Don't try to shoehorn in a guy from a specific role.

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2016 at 11:29 AM, Steve4192 said:

I think we should scrap this category altogether.  I find it ludicrous that Chris Henry will be on the Bengals 'All-Time' team over Chad Johnson.  If you are going to take three receivers, just take three receivers.  Don't try to shoehorn in a guy from a specific role.

I agree.  While Housh lined up in the slot a lot, he was the #2 guy for most of his career.  So, which is it, the slot or #3 receiver?  The same would apply for Warrick.  Steve Krieder was a true #3 receiver.

Dudes, seriously? This thing Jason has going has been a wonderful breath of fresh air during an EXTREMELY boring time. Lets try and keep the criticism of his method to a minimum. This is just some fluffy fun to talk about when nothing else is going on.

Thanks Jason for a very entertaining exercise.

8 hours ago, Lucid said:

Dudes, seriously? This thing Jason has going has been a wonderful breath of fresh air during an EXTREMELY boring time. Lets try and keep the criticism of his method to a minimum. This is just some fluffy fun to talk about when nothing else is going on.

Thanks Jason for a very entertaining exercise.

I agree it's been a lot of fun, but just laying out an opinion.  If he decides to keep it the way it is, OK.  If he is convinced to make a change, OK.  

Archived