Is this the Bengals NFL Color Rush uniform

Is this the Bengals NFL Color Rush uniform

By Jason Marcum

@marcum89 on Jun 21, 2016, 6:15p 19

612f7Kvr.0__1_.0.0.jpg
Reddit user FranneBoy (r/Bengals)

Earlier this offseason, we saw a leak of what the Bengals' new swag may look like for Thursday Night Football. Did we just get another hint?

Tweet Share (1551)

Some things never change, but some things are forced to change.

For much of Mike Brown's tenure as Bengals owner, the Bengals used to go through as little of change as possible every year. Whether it was holding training camp in Georgetown, never spending big money on big-name free agents, or simply keeping the same uniforms every year, Brown has typically been very reluctant to any kind of change around his team.

But in the same way Brown watches Father Time pass him by, he also watches as the ever-changing NFL continue to change in many aspects, of which he and the rest of the league now must follow. Though the Bengals have undergone few uniform changes over the years, they are taking part in the NFL's Color Rush program this year, as every team will do for Thursday Night Football.

They'll be changing up their uniform colors in Week 4 when they host the Dolphins on Thursday Night Football.

A preview of the Bengal's Color Rush jersey may have leaked earlier this offseason, though there's been no official confirmation to suggest this was actually the color combo Cincinnati would wear. It was a black-and-white combo, and you can see what it looks like in the above link.

Now, there's another supposed leak for what colors the Bengals will don vs the Dolphins:

The new leak would seem to suggest a similar design as the earlier leak we saw this offseason. Some will joke it looks like prison stripes more than Bengals stripes, so we're hesitant to put too much stock into these leaks, at least until we see the final design. Though, it's also possible this is an all-black design with no stripes at all. The exact design still remains unclear, and, this may simply be a false representation of the yet-to-be revealed jerseys.

The Bengals have been using their tiger stripe design since 1981, though they did slightly update the look in 1997, and altered them further in 2003 into what we've seen since then.

What do you think of these 'leaked' uniforms for the Bengals?

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, B.A.B. said:

Those would be sick as fuck and I would definitely be grabbing one

They sold em years back when C. Johnson was still here and jerseys were supplied by Reebok still. They're not bad looking at all and I thought they were pretty common but I can't find any pics online of them at all. I still have my C. Johnson one Ill have to fish it out of the closet and snap a pic if anyone wants to see it. It may give a better look than photo shopped stuff, something about the shopped pics I've seen looks off. 

I did pose the question months back though about black and white with an orange helmet considering the 1 helmet rule the NFL has not even allowing throw back helmets. Anyone know if rule is cosmetic based? Can team equipment people put the work in to wrap or paint and decal players helmets but have some type of serial number to show it's same helmet or some type of league sanctioned inspection process for the helmets themselves? Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility since they have a specific job to seek out and fine thousands of dollars for socks and towel sizes.

Archived