Bengals All Time Defensive End - 1 of 2

Bengals All Time Defensive End Poll - 1 of 2  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is one of the Bengals All Time Defensive Ends?

• Coy Bacon
    • Eddie Edwards
    • Ross Browner
    • Jim Skow
    • Justin Smith
    • Robert Geathers
    • Antwan Odom
    • Michael Johnson
    • Carlos Dunlap

QB - Ken Anderson

LT - Anthony Munoz

LG - Bruce Reimers

C - Bob Johnson

RG - Max Montoya

RT - Willie Anderson

TE - Rodney Holman

WR1 - Isaac Curtis

WR2 - AJ Green

WR3 - Chris Henry

RB - Corey Dillon

RB - James Brooks

FB - Lorenzo Neal

P - Kevin Huber

K - Jim Breech

KR - Stanford Jennings

Today we do Defensive End.  There will be 2 polls with the same set (minus the winner of 1 in 2 obviously). 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

QB - Ken Anderson

LT - Anthony Munoz

LG - Bruce Reimers

C - Bob Johnson

RG - Max Montoya

RT - Willie Anderson

TE - Rodney Holman

WR1 - Isaac Curtis

WR2 - AJ Green

WR3 - Chris Henry

RB - Corey Dillon

RB - James Brooks

FB - Lorenzo Neal

P - Kevin Huber

K - Jim Breech

KR - Stanford Jennings

Today we do Defensive End.  There will be 2 polls with the same set (minus the winner of 1 in 2 obviously). 

I agree with the vast majority of the above list..... However, the fact that Chad Johnson is NOT on the receivers list is.... (you fill it in).

I get Isaac Curtis at the #1 spot, but AJ has always been a #1 as well. Why was he listed as a #2 receiver? Neither AJ or Chad should be on this list if you were only ranking the #1 receivers, right? Isaac won it hands down!

So AJ should be removed as the #2 receiver (a position he has never played) and replaced by true #2 like Housh or the likes.

There is another option though.... Just vote on the best three receivers....

I know... I am free to make my own poll, but come on...

10 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

I agree with the vast majority of the above list..... However, the fact that Chad Johnson is NOT on the receivers list is.... (you fill it in).

I get Isaac Curtis at the #1 spot, but AJ has always been a #1 as well. Why was he listed as a #2 receiver? Neither AJ or Chad should be on this list if you were only ranking the #1 receivers, right? Isaac won it hands down!

So AJ should be removed as the #2 receiver (a position he has never played) and replaced by true #2 like Housh or the likes.

There is another option though.... Just vote on the best three receivers....

I know... I am free to make my own poll, but come on...

We've already had this discussion in one of the WR threads. :) 

I liken this to creating a Pro Bowl roster: you have, typically the best #1 receivers from around the league, all playing in WR2, WR3, and WR4 spots. If the Pro Bowl rosters had to consist of the best WR2 - WR4, at their actual, respective position on their club, it would be a farce. 

What's so hard to grasp about what we are doing here? We are creating the best Bengals team of all time, top to bottom.

Coy Bacon only played 2 seasons for the Bengals.  As dominant as he was I don't think that's enough to even make the list for the vote.  

Eddie Edwards was way better than Ross Browner.  Browner did have one hell of a Super Bowl, but Edwards was by far the better player.

I can't believe Skow and Geathers are even on the list.  Dunlop is gaining on all of them very quickly.

24 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Coy Bacon only played 2 seasons for the Bengals.  As dominant as he was I don't think that's enough to even make the list for the vote.  

Eddie Edwards was way better than Ross Browner.  Browner did have one hell of a Super Bowl, but Edwards was by far the better player.

I can't believe Skow and Geathers are even on the list.  Dunlop is gaining on all of them very quickly.

I debated whether or not to include Coy, but like Neal his brief stay here was good enough to include.  Then let the voters decide.  And our history at DE is not very strong. While you could argue Skow didn't belong, Geathers did have a 10 sack season.

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

I debated whether or not to include Coy, but like Neal his brief stay here was good enough to include.  Then let the voters decide.  And our history at DE is not very strong. While you could argue Skow didn't belong, Geathers did have a 10 sack season.

He belongs on the list for sure...he was great for a while..   I will never forget the year he killed Trent Green  

My vote was for J. Smith..dude was under appreciated when he was here... People didn't realize he was awesome until he went to SF...

Los would be my second choice...because I think he will end up being the best over all by far...

8 hours ago, fluhartz said:

He belongs on the list for sure...he was great for a while..   I will never forget the year he killed Trent Green  

My vote was for J. Smith..dude was under appreciated when he was here... People didn't realize he was awesome until he went to SF...

Los would be my second choice...because I think he will end up being the best over all by far...

Yeah he played out of position for the Bengals the whole time he was in Cincy. He was a 3-4 end playing 4-3 strong side at a very high level in Cincy.

Archived