Andy dalton question

Had a question and wanted to get some thoughts say Andy dalton plays for us for another 9-10 years till he retires we make the playoffs EVERY single year and get over the hump and win playoff games get to the afc championship every other year even get to the Super Bowl once maybe twice but never win it..... That would be 16 straight playoff appearances Is he in the discussion for best bengals quarterback of all time??? Not saying he is the best but at least a discussion about it? I think so and I know it's a lot of hypothetical but let me know what you think!

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I think 16 straight playoff appearances is not likely, I don't care who the QB is, it's damn near impossible to make it that many years in a row.

It's also not likely to have a rookie qb and a rookie wr to come in right away and make 6 straight playoff appearances... And yeah with him and an green locked up until 2019 or 2020 plus the way we draft I feel like we could make that or close to it I mean every year they have been in the league they have made the playoffs plus with the emergence of eifert And the way we draft??? 

Ands I know this is off topic but wtf is up with everyone predicting the Stealers to win the division?? The Stealers won't beat us either time and here's why pacman is a great corner and probably one of only 3 corners that can cover brown.... Le don bell probably gets hurt again.... No Martavias Bryant need I go on?

7 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

He's already in the running for best Bengals QB ever, 5 straight winning seasons and playoff appearances are no losing seasons are pretty good. He's coming into the prime of his career, I would be surprised if he doesn't win a few playoff games before his career is over. 

Andy Dalton was not the only player out there for the winning seasons.  Quarterbacks: too much credit, too much blame.

47 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Andy Dalton was not the only player out there for the winning seasons.  Quarterbacks: too much credit, too much blame.

Yeah but around here he gets no credit and all the blame......

3 hours ago, Jpoore said:

It's also not likely to have a rookie qb and a rookie wr to come in right away and make 6 straight playoff appearances... And yeah with him and an green locked up until 2019 or 2020 plus the way we draft I feel like we could make that or close to it I mean every year they have been in the league they have made the playoffs plus with the emergence of eifert And the way we draft??? 

Name me the last team to make 16 straight playoff appearances?

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Name me the last team to make 16 straight playoff appearances?

Not sure how many in a row but the patriots?? Ands like I said I think they at the very lease least make it to 2020 with all playoff appearances the colts there for like 9 years

7 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Not sure how many in a row but the patriots?? Ands like I said I think they at the very lease least make it to 2020 with all playoff appearances the colts there for like 9 years

Nobody has made it there 16 years straight.

4 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Patriots are at 14 straight we could be somewhere in that ballpark

I don't think they are at 14 straight. The year Brady got his knee blown out they didn't make it even though they were 10-6. I don't think that's been 14 years ago. I think Dalton needs rings to even be in the discussion.

17 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

I don't think they are at 14 straight. The year Brady got his knee blown out they didn't make it even though they were 10-6. I don't think that's been 14 years ago. I think Dalton needs rings to even be in the discussion.

For the Bengals top QB?  No, he doesn't.  All he needs is an MVP and/or at least 1 SB appearance.

Statistically he already has most of the meaningful Bengals single season records, and is quickly climbing the career charts.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

For the Bengals top QB?  No, he doesn't.  All he needs is an MVP and/or at least 1 SB appearance.

Statistically he already has most of the meaningful Bengals single season records, and is quickly climbing the career charts.

For the Bengals top quarterback you are absolutely correct. My bad. I misread the original post. I would still like a couple of rings though.

On July 8, 2016 at 0:34 PM, Jason said:

for sure... but in this group, Mr. Dalton needs a couple Super Bowls to be in the discussion with our other  non winning QB's....

26 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

for sure... but in this group, Mr. Dalton needs a couple Super Bowls to be in the discussion with our other  non winning QB's....

Honestly last season seemed to stop most of the hate-train in its tracks..  Except for Go of course, but I think Dalton could drag him from a burning building & Go would still hate him.

Archived