Simonize (sp) signs with Bengals.

I like that we took a shot since it doesn't cost us anything, but don't think there's much to see here.

He ran a 4.6 so he's not a freakish size/speed guy and looks extremely raw too. Canadian colleges are a notch below FCS here so it's pretty bad competition and their weird rules with the running start WRs get before the snap means he's never really faced press coverage (which is the primary coverage in the NFL). Looks like a multi-year project if he is able to make the practice squad.

20 minutes ago, happyrid said:

I like that we took a shot since it doesn't cost us anything, but don't think there's much to see here.

He ran a 4.6 so he's not a freakish size/speed guy and looks extremely raw too. Canadian colleges are a notch below FCS here so it's pretty bad competition and their weird rules with the running start WRs get before the snap means he's never really faced press coverage (which is the primary coverage in the NFL). Looks like a multi-year project if he is able to make the practice squad.

Buzz killer! :smoke::1062::ninja:

Meh, people with good work ethics make nearly inexplicable progress all the time in professional sports. Conversely, people with all the promise in the world and even better resumes than this kid end up falling flat once they hit the big time. 

By far there is far more value in second and third round picks when compared to first rounders. I know this kid isn't even close to a second or third rounder even, but undrafted guys do break through. 

42 minutes ago, happyrid said:

FWIW it was reported he ran a 4.51 at his pro day... Who knows... Some kids play faster than their 40 times

7 hours ago, Tigers Johnson said:

FWIW it was reported he ran a 4.51 at his pro day... Who knows... Some kids play faster than their 40 times

I was just going by this cbssports article as it was the only one I read about his combine showing:

According to a source within these clubs, the 6-foot-5 Simonise came in 10 pounds heavier than the 190 pounds he was listed on the Dino's official athletic website, clocking in at 4.60 in the 40-yard dash. Simonise posted a 35-inch vertical, a 10-foot-3 broad jump and eight reps on the bench press, and also ran routes and caught passes as part of the workout.

But I guess since it was hand-timed, there are going to be a bunch of different numbers floating around out there. 

He looks decently fast/athletic. But just watching his highlights, almost all his catches are on screens or just going deep straight down the field (often with a running start). There aren't any real NFL-style routes. Just my opinion, but he looks like a guy who in the very best case scenario is ready to contribute in 2017 after a year on the practice squad. 

19 hours ago, Dr Tarzan said:

I just watched his highlight reel.    Sure has qualities that remind me of Slim.   Wouldn't mind a second coming of Chris Henry....no, sir.....not one bit.

That's Martavius Bryant, he just plays for the wrong team.

22 hours ago, rcarpenter62 said:

I absolutely love what the brass in this organization does with undrafted FA's.  I was holding out hope the tall dude from Toledo would be this year's example... now there are 2 options.

Sometime you have to be one guy that has the balls to tell the rest of the group "We're going the wrong way!!" and meant it.   The way the Bengals have been for the past few years definintely has a feel of that, especially in the front office.    They know that they don't have quite the resources teams like the Patriots, Cowboys, Giants and a few others do,  but they also know that sometimes they need to think outside the box to be successful.

At least that's how I see it....maybe i'm biased...

On July 15, 2016 at 2:27 PM, DanvilleBengal said:

Sometime you have to be one guy that has the balls to tell the rest of the group "We're going the wrong way!!" and meant it.   The way the Bengals have been for the past few years definintely has a feel of that, especially in the front office.    They know that they don't have quite the resources teams like the Patriots, Cowboys, Giants and a few others do,  but they also know that sometimes they need to think outside the box to be successful.

At least that's how I see it....maybe i'm biased...

Have we been watching the same team?

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Have we been watching the same team?

We are watching the same team,  the team that got AJ and Andy in the same draft after the the Quitter decided he didn't want to play for the Bengals anymore.  The same team that since 2011 has never missed the playoffs but has issues with getting that first playoff win.

We are watching the same team that is still siding with Vontaze despite pretty much every other fucking media outlet and talking head whining about he's a embarassment to the game and he needs to be banned.  (and probably the majority of them sucking on Steeler cock while they do it)

We are watching Andy become one of the above average/borderling elite QBs in the game today and was a borderline MVP for the first half of the season before the thumb injury.

We are also seeing the same team that resigned a lot of people via extension instead of letting them go,  thereby having a base of talent we can grow from.

I would like to believe that we're fans of the same team....and yes I'm well aware that I'm a bit of a homer even though I'm not from Ohio at all,  I'm from VA, same as a few others on here.

Archived