Confident Jeremy Hill feels 'like a veteran' at Bengals camp

1 hour ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

I love that this team is taking on the persona of Geno Atkins the quiet assassin . Hill's even bought into just shutting up and kicking ass. Looks like the most loaded team in the NFL, just may earn the nickname "assassins creed" Silent, methodical, and lethal. With no visible celebration. That would be something never seen before in the history of sports. Complete stoicism after each successful play. It would definitely mess with the heads of opposing teamsemoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would go a long way towards winning the PR battle that's seemed to quietly control their fortunes on the field.

Coach Z may want to put his own signature on this offense. I don't argue the point that playing in a cold climate. Requires a strong ground game, but I think early on Coach Z is going to surprise (and I'm sure raise a few eyebrows) when the ops for more of an aerial attack. Gio is going to play a big part in that. I just hope hill can handle not getting as much playing time. No damn pouting on the sidelines when it happens.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least.  This offense has been what I would call pass-wacky when under pressure since Bratfailski.  We haven't had a dependable power running game in years.  I don't think it's a coincidence that we swept the division the last time we did, either.  Maybe you're right about the fan reaction in general but IDK why anyone would expect a former QB coach on this team to want to run the ball.  We don't have a good run-blocking OL & recently reached a point where our reaction to a crucial 3rd & short was to split our LT out as a WR and throw the ball.  Not sure where this view is coming from but it sure seems like an incomplete pass is ok but a run for no gain is considered a defeat. We run play-action passes more than actual runs.  I keep hoping the offense will eventually get their own version of Zimmer to give them an identity.

This is absolutely a finesse offense and it's absolutely cost us in division play. 

That wouldn't surprise me in the least.  This offense has been what I would call pass-wacky when under pressure since Bratfailski.  We haven't had a dependable power running game in years.  I don't think it's a coincidence that we swept the division the last time we did, either.  Maybe you're right about the fan reaction in general but IDK why anyone would expect a former QB coach on this team to want to run the ball.  We don't have a good run-blocking OL & recently reached a point where our reaction to a crucial 3rd & short was to split our LT out as a WR and throw the ball.  Not sure where this view is coming from but it sure seems like an incomplete pass is ok but a run for no gain is considered a defeat. We run play-action passes more than actual runs.  I keep hoping the offense will eventually get their own version of Zimmer to give them an identity.

This is absolutely a finesse offense and it's absolutely cost us in division play. 

Looks like you and I are alone on our opinions that this team is "gearing up to airing up",but that's where we're going. I said it in my #39 post of this thread that we were leaning towards a finesse offense . Mimicking the patriots with their dink and dunk offense. Except we have our own version of Gronk in Eifert. Pats don't have the double edged sword of a deep threat like AJ the Mack daddy Green or unknown talent and soon to be rookie of the year Tylor Boyd. Gio taking his share of quick screens and hill softening up the defensive lines. Hill doesn't understand that his constant pounding breaks down the defensive wall over the coarse of a game .That side stepping shit does nothing to accomplish this. Take that big body of yours and the damn hole!

On September 3, 2016 at 6:25 PM, RhodeIslandFan said:

I love that this team is taking on the persona of Geno Atkins the quiet assassin . Hill's even bought into just shutting up and kicking ass. Looks like the most loaded team in the NFL, just may earn the nickname "assassins creed" Silent, methodical, and lethal. With no visible celebration. That would be something never seen before in the history of sports. Complete stoicism after each successful play. It would definitely mess with the heads of opposing teamsemoji41.png

PB always said "Act like you've been there before". 

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Said to Bob Trumpy after he scored his first touchdown and acted a fool.

(source: Trumpy's biography titled ... dare I say it?... never mind, never mind... God knows I don't want to start another shit storm.

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Well said.

But saying it, and actually adhering to that are two different things.  The team has to show me that they're turned the corner on that--that they have started to act like they've been there before.  I will believe it when there is a point where the chips are metaphorically down and the Bengals stiff up and stay to the run game instead of abandoning it for the pass,  or when there are positive plays, there isn't a choreographed number just because of a turnover or a 4th down stop.

1 hour ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Well said.

But saying it, and actually adhering to that are two different things.  The team has to show me that they're turned the corner on that--that they have started to act like they've been there before.  I will believe it when there is a point where the chips are metaphorically down and the Bengals stiff up and stay to the run game instead of abandoning it for the pass,  or when there are positive plays, there isn't a choreographed number just because of a turnover or a 4th down stop.

While I don't disagree with your sentiment, there is fault in it. Your definition of discipline and ultimate success in the game of football simply aren't mutually exclusive. When the passion flows over and mental miscues occur, sure, that's a problem, it's been our problem. 

However, plenty of teams abandon the run and pass the ball to victory, see: New England and Pittsburgh. Most teams get pretty excited when they stuff a fourth down play or snag a turnover on defense. I expect this team to cut the extracurricular bullshit mental errors...but so too do I expect them to show their passion. 

11 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

While I don't disagree with your sentiment, there is fault in it. Your definition of discipline and ultimate success in the game of football simply aren't mutually exclusive. When the passion flows over and mental miscues occur, sure, that's a problem, it's been our problem. 

However, plenty of teams abandon the run and pass the ball to victory, see: New England and Pittsburgh. Most teams get pretty excited when they stuff a fourth down play or snag a turnover on defense. I expect this team to cut the extracurricular bullshit mental errors...but so too do I expect them to show their passion. 

OK, but I just want to clarify my post:   yes, I want for the team to be enthusiastic, but when it's there.   And with your response to passing the ball,   with teams like NE and Pittsburgh, where getting into a shootout could be a good possibility at times,  sure lean on the pass if that is the best way,  but I've always wanted for a team to be balanced, and when it comes to running,  I want the team to really stick to it.   It just seemed too many times to me that the Bengals abandon the running game because there hasn't been a couple of breakout runs (10+ yards or more) which puts more pressure on Dalton.   And even though Dalton has shown that he's able to withstand it,  I just feel better that there is a running game behind it as well.   I don't care how good a defense can be,  if both parts of the offense are on,  a defense doesn't stand a good chance.

Other than that I agree with you.

21 hours ago, DanvilleBengal said:

OK, but I just want to clarify my post:   yes, I want for the team to be enthusiastic, but when it's there.   And with your response to passing the ball,   with teams like NE and Pittsburgh, where getting into a shootout could be a good possibility at times,  sure lean on the pass if that is the best way,  but I've always wanted for a team to be balanced, and when it comes to running,  I want the team to really stick to it.   It just seemed too many times to me that the Bengals abandon the running game because there hasn't been a couple of breakout runs (10+ yards or more) which puts more pressure on Dalton.   And even though Dalton has shown that he's able to withstand it,  I just feel better that there is a running game behind it as well.   I don't care how good a defense can be,  if both parts of the offense are on,  a defense doesn't stand a good chance.

Other than that I agree with you.

Oh, totally. I want a return to the between-the-tackles grind and smashmouth AFC North/Central play, too. But, I don't mind that this team has shown it can air out with the best of them when it needs to. If we have crammed the balled between the hashes twenty times and we are sub-3 YPC, we are going to have to pass the ball to win the game.

5 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Well season is about to begin. I still haven't been able to watch last seasons last game. When Vontaze grabbed that interception I literally broke down in tears. Than collapsed to the floor when hill fumbled. Damn it's tough being a fan. GO! BENGALS!! emoji41.pngemoji106.png

No bullshit, one of the saddest nights of my life. 

Yes, I am fortunate to have not lost a lot people close to me in life...but, that was a night that hurt so badly.

No bullshit, one of the saddest nights of my life. 

Yes, I am fortunate to have not lost a lot people close to me in life...but, that was a night that hurt so badly.

I remember screaming than the instant tears of joy. Until that fumble...My wife was in the other room watching game. She's not a big football fan, but when I walked in the room she was crying to ,because she could feel my pain. I was a mess for weeks. Sunday can't come fast enough brother

My wife found me at 3:30 in the morning leaning against the bathroom sink, just staring into the mirror, a beaten, broken, intoxicated man that had drank all the alcohol in the house. If I could have managed to undo the childproof cap on the gallon jug of Clorox under the kitchen sink, I would have drank that too.

On 9/6/2016 at 7:34 PM, RhodeIslandFan said:

Well season is about to begin. I still haven't been able to watch last seasons last game. When Vontaze grabbed that interception I literally broke down in tears. Than collapsed to the floor when hill fumbled. Damn it's tough being a fan. GO! BENGALS!! emoji41.pngemoji106.png

When the refs let them get away with headhunting Gio I knew we weren't supposed to win that game.  Between that and the constant shit-talking from the announcers it was obvious from the start.

Yes I know I'm a crazy tinfoil hat wearer for thinking that a self-governed multi-billion dollar entertainment monopoly that has been declared exempt from anti-trust legislation, has no oversight of any kind & generates even more cash in illegal gambling revenue might be just a bit crooked. 

Just look at all that integrity:

gettyimages-508602902.jpg

#Protect the $hield

When the refs let them get away with headhunting Gio I knew we weren't supposed to win that game.  Between that and the constant shit-talking from the announcers it was obvious from the start.

Yes I know I'm a crazy tinfoil hat wearer for thinking that a self-governed multi-billion dollar entertainment monopoly that has been declared exempt from anti-trust legislation, has no oversight of any kind & generates even more cash in illegal gambling revenue might be just a bit crooked. 

Just look at all that integrity:

gettyimages-508602902.jpg

#Protect the $hield

Yeah there were bad calls but Adams Jones let Joey porter get in his head. Brandon Marshall said as much when he interviewed Adam. Marshall said when porter was able to provoke Jones his first thought was," porter won MVP. Teams know we're loaded with talent, so they intentionally taught our loose canons. Adam qot away with losing it in Oakland, took kids helmet off and slammed his head on the ground. if he hadn't maybe he doesn't react like he did with porter. We'll never know but it's s thought.

9 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Yeah there were bad calls but Adams Jones let Joey porter get in his head. Brandon Marshall said as much when he interviewed Adam. Marshall said when porter was able to provoke Jones his first thought was," porter won MVP. Teams know we're loaded with talent, so they intentionally taught our loose canons. Adam qot away with losing it in Oakland, took kids helmet off and slammed his head on the ground. if he hadn't maybe he doesn't react like he did with porter. We'll never know but it's s thought.

Except for the simple fact that Porter on the field = 15 yard flag which would have negated Jones. That all alludes to the bigger point that the NFL lets the Stealers get away with everything. Adam Jones "lost it" on Cooper after Cooper punched him in the throat. You punch me in the throat and I'm going to try to do a lot worse than what Pacman did. 

1 hour ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Except for the simple fact that Porter on the field = 15 yard flag which would have negated Jones. That all alludes to the bigger point that the NFL lets the Stealers get away with everything. Adam Jones "lost it" on Cooper after Cooper punched him in the throat. You punch me in the throat and I'm going to try to do a lot worse than what Pacman did. 

That's my point in a nutshell.  We weren't playing by the same rules as the other team.  The NFL is corrupt as fuck.

7 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Agreed. Always has been. That SB between Stealers/Seahawks is still one of those most fixed sporting events I've ever witnessed in my life.

Between the Stooler doc Richard Rydze pumping everyone full of HGH & Wayne Gretzky's wife's bookmaking it's amazing there wasn't more fallout from that bs game.  As soon as she was linked to people in Congress it got swept under the rug.  It's just accepted, I guess? All the other major sports have had their gambling/corruption scandals, gone bankrupt or whatever.. Except the NFL.  Because what, the league is above all that? So naive.  Just those darn idiot refs - never mind that you can find better officiating on any Friday night at a local high school game.  Yet people go into debt betting on this shit.  It's mind-boggling.

In case anyone thinks I'm pulling this stuff off an Alex Jones broadcast:

Nothing to see here folks

http://www.espn.com/nhl/news/story?id=2325295

SB XL MVP Dr. Richard Rydze:

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3831956

I absolutely agree with everything you've stated. Problem is . We're the doormats for the NFL, they have their chosen teams. The only way we upset the apple cot is staying focused and not letting fools like porter fuck with us. If Adam had contained himself. The focus would immediately have turned to porter on the field. I was shocked that usually level headed Peko stepped on the field. They could have flagged him.

Archived