Router Suggestions

16 hours ago, GoBengals said:

my asus 68u is tits.. house isnt huge maybe 2500 sq ft, get full bars and fast seeds in every inch, router is in basement under stairs closed off..

https://www.amazon.com/RT-AC68U-Wireless-AC1900-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00FB45SI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471223955&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+68u

I think I might be going with something like this.  My sense is that our house will be like your's (router under the stairs...but no basement).

13 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

I think I might be going with something like this.  My sense is that our house will be like your's (router under the stairs...but no basement).

should be plenty powerful then, one of my best technology purchases, recommended by elflocko.

39 minutes ago, Lucid said:

Never used Asus routers. I personally prefer Netgear products. 

I thought the same thing originally (Asus? Really?). Has turned out to be the best router I've ever owned. Every member of the sysadmin team at work uses them now as well. 

I will have to give Asus a look next time I am in the market. I like a them as a company in general (not including their desktops/laptops/pads). Their individual components tend to be top notch. My Netgear products have always been very capable and stable as well as price competitive. Elf's suggestion comes with high regard.

Archived