Can we win our conference this year?

We can definitely win the division. Stealers have been hit pretty hard by injuries and suspensions and I think we have a little bit more talent across the board than they do, especially on defense. I personally give us just over a 50% chance to win the division.

If you're talking about representing the AFC in the Super Bowl, I think the road still leads through New England. Adding Martellus Bennett at TE was an under-the-radar move that is going to make their offense really tough to defend. Him and Gronk out there at the same time along with the quickness of guys like Amendola and Edelman, with Brady at QB and the best coaching in the NFL will make them tough. Their defense is pretty loaded too. They've been poring most of their money and early draft picks into that side of the ball and have built a lot of depth. 

Denver is still going to be a problem too. Sanchez sucks, but so did Manning at the end. They are going to be elite on defense and play it safe with a good running game on offense. We have to try to finish ahead of them in the regular season because playing at Mile High in the playoffs is a bitch. Their division is going to be tougher this year, so hopefully they lose 4-5 games and don't have home field the whole way. 

39 minutes ago, happyrid said:

We can definitely win the division. Stealers have been hit pretty hard by injuries and suspensions and I think we have a little bit more talent across the board than they do, especially on defense. I personally give us just over a 50% chance to win the division.

If you're talking about representing the AFC in the Super Bowl, I think the road still leads through New England. Adding Martellus Bennett at TE was an under-the-radar move that is going to make their offense really tough to defend. Him and Gronk out there at the same time along with the quickness of guys like Amendola and Edelman, with Brady at QB and the best coaching in the NFL will make them tough. Their defense is pretty loaded too. They've been poring most of their money and early draft picks into that side of the ball and have built a lot of depth. 

Denver is still going to be a problem too. Sanchez sucks, but so did Manning at the end. They are going to be elite on defense and play it safe with a good running game on offense. We have to try to finish ahead of them in the regular season because playing at Mile High in the playoffs is a bitch. Their division is going to be tougher this year, so hopefully they lose 4-5 games and don't have home field the whole way. 

i agree with pretty much everything here. if i were the broncos i would start Trevor Simein, he has a better arm and doesnt tend to make idiotic choices. he will make rookie like mistakes, but those should fade, he is similar ro a Flacco type player, smart player, but played at a small school(northwestern i think) and never had that great of talent around him. I think Sanchez is the better option week 1-5, but if Trevor started the season by week 6 i think he would be better off. 

I feel like they may make the safe idiotic choice of starting off sanchez and as he starts to implode, switch to simein, which gives you a 10 weeks window of issues with sanchez being stupid, trevor being new and a QB conversion period. 

Kubiak is a LOT like marvin, the NO RISK medium reward scenario at positions, run the ball + defense = wins. Manning was trash physically, but he is still a genius under center, his only value was knowing the defense and adjusting the play to work best. 

31 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Let's focus on winning a playoff game first.

we did that, and still lost somehow.. the nfl cares little about in game accuracy, its like they would rather the cool thing happen, then apologize later, and 3 weeks later everyone forgets cause someone else got screwed, and we arent NY or Dallas, no one cares if we get screwed. screwing us is good for business.

we need to play the bills or jags or someone like that in the playoffs.. if we play a strong defense and good qb on the other side we are fucked.

I bet Denver struggles to win their division. Sanchez is terrible and they will turn it over to the rookie by mid season. They lost some players and just lost their DE for the season.

NE, Pitt, and KC will be our hurdles. When NE is hitting on all cylinders they are beyond tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/15/2016 at 10:33 PM, Harley said:

I bet Denver struggles to win their division. Sanchez is terrible and they will turn it over to the rookie by mid season. They lost some players and just lost their DE for the season.

NE, Pitt, and KC will be our hurdles. When NE is hitting on all cylinders they are beyond tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way does Denver win their division and it sounds like it is gonna be Paxton Lynch from game 1.

If we stay healthy during the year then we are the best team in the AFC right now by far. Proved last year we were better than Pittsburgh (with Martavius Bryant) and then basically proved it again even with a backup QB playing. Denver wasn't better than us last year and got way worse since the SB. Patriots are hurting right now and would be the biggest challenger.

Patriots odds of getting the 1 seed has to be down dramatically with Brady suspension, Vollmer IR, Edelman foot still very shaky, Dion Lewis injury. The Patriots haven't done well recently when they don't have home field advantage.

Archived