Should Marvin Trade AJ - Discussion

Since GoCommando did not allow discussion, I'm starting a new thread to discuss, because I have a comment.

The Vikings would not give us what I would want.  You don't give up a first round pic for a 1 year starter.  TB's injury is not career threatening, and I'm not sure McCarron is a better player than him.

The Carson trade was a little different.  Palmer (supposedly) was an upgrade over Campbell.

I'd agree with the above. I think if we are deep into regular season and the Vikings are 12-3 and looking at a deep playoff run you may be able to capitalize on the circumstance. However, so much of what the Vikings had going for them was predicated on Bridgewater being healthy. Could be a lost season for them. Looks like Bridgewater dislocated his kneecap, tore ACL, as well as other ligament damage. Terrible injury. Hope he can fully recover. 

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

He didn't get hurt in "Pre-Season", he got hurt in practice.  Are you against practice, now?

This, & it was non-contact on top of it. He dropped back to pass, planted his back foot, & the knee basically fell apart. About as fluke of an injury as I can recall hearing about.

I'd wait until this upcoming offseason and then trade him to a needy team. He's too important as our own backup QB this year... But since we will only have one year left of him next year, may as well get trade value at that point. Whatever team trades for him will sign him long term anyway if he plays as well as he likely would.

I don't think you let a luxury like McCarron go easily.  A first rounder offer starts to get my attention this year.  Throw in a useable young vet (DE or DB) or a 3rd round pick or better in 2017 and I start getting serious.  Next year, I might take just a first because I don't let him hit FA without getting something for him (he's is 2018 eligible isn't he?).

We should trade Cooter for the Vikings if we get the following:

- A 1st round pick in 2017
- A conditional 2nd or 1st round pick in 2018, based on whether and how deeply into the playoffs Minnesota goes this year
- Zimmer returns to the Bengal sideline for 2017

I believe that accurately reflects the established market value of trading a bona fide starting QB to a team coached by a former Bengal assistant.

I also wonder if Teddy's injury could be career ending. They said they needed to put him under at the hospital and that players were vomiting on the field from the look of it. It sounds like he destroyed all the moving parts of his leg.

They were vomiting because they were thinking about Shaun Hill being their QB this year...

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

9 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I also wonder if Teddy's injury could be career ending. They said they needed to put him under at the hospital and that players were vomiting on the field from the look of it. It sounds like he destroyed all the moving parts of his leg.

There was concern but they said quick action by the training staff saved him. Unless the MRI results were wrong last night it is truly incredible he didn't suffer nerve or artery damage from the dislocation.

1 hour ago, AmishBengalFan said:

We should trade Cooter for the Vikings if we get the following:

- A 1st round pick in 2017
- A conditional 2nd or 1st round pick in 2018, based on whether and how deeply into the playoffs Minnesota goes this year
- Zimmer returns to the Bengal sideline for 2017

I believe that accurately reflects the established market value of trading a bona fide starting QB to a team coached by a former Bengal assistant.

I would want a first rounder or Stefon Diggs and a pick. No conditional crap though. Minnesota was severely overhyped even with Teddy. I would want nothing based on them succeeding.

Pass on Zimmer, Guenther is more than fine.

12 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I would want a first rounder or Stefon Diggs and a pick. No conditional crap though. Minnesota was severely overhyped even with Teddy. I would want nothing based on them succeeding.

Pass on Zimmer, Guenther is more than fine.

..........they were a freak missed FG away from beating seattle in the playoffs...

Just now, GoBengals said:

..........they were a freak missed FG away from beating seattle in the playoffs...

And outside of a few teams I didn't think the NFC was very good last year at all. I expect Saints, Giants, Falcons, Lions and Bucs to be much better than the walkovers they were last season. Prior to Teddy going down I didn't look at Minnesota and think man they improved themselves from last year.

6 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

And Minnesota I viewed as a WC contender, not a lock though. But they had 3rd most money bet on them to win the Super Bowl going into this week. Teddy isn't winning a SB unless that defense goes from good to epic.

5 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

And outside of a few teams I didn't think the NFC was very good last year at all. I expect Saints, Giants, Falcons, Lions and Bucs to be much better than the walkovers they were last season. Prior to Teddy going down I didn't look at Minnesota and think man they improved themselves from last year.

Treadwell and alexander alone were very very very good additions on each side of the ball, no reason to think bridgewater wouldnt still be improving and was already a pro bowler last season.

patterson, treadwell and diggs is a diabolical WR crew...adrian peterson is not too shabby either...

You guys know that AJ is under one more season of his rookie contract right? That means if we don't trade him this off season or now, he could walk after his rookie contract is over and we don't get SHIT! So either we trade him, trady Andy or just let him walk and don't get shit. Trading him would make the most sense since Andy isn't going anywhere. I don't see McCaron staying in Cincy to be a backup to Andy. I'm sure he'll want to start and be the teams leader. 

Archived