Down the Jets

I've not seen enough of LaFell to have an opinion one way or another.  I think Boyd is a real keeper and will pair up nicely with AJ.  As for the third receiver... dunno.  Maybe some short/medium stuff to the tight end du jour or Hewitt, screens to Gio.  The Jets can be had and the point of everything else is irrelevant.  I just want to see some Bengals football.

7 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I've not seen enough of LaFell to have an opinion one way or another.  I think Boyd is a real keeper and will pair up nicely with AJ.  As for the third receiver... dunno.  Maybe some short/medium stuff to the tight end du jour or Hewitt, screens to Gio.  The Jets can be had and the point of everything else is irrelevant.  I just want to see some Bengals football.

I think Lafell will have a good year. Kroft/Gio (Eifert when he returns) will easily be a very good 3rd/4th options (2nd for Eifert, Boyd to 3) in the O if Lafell falls flat. This team still has a ton of weapons and problems for defenses. They will have a bunch of guys in the 400-500 yard range instead of AJ over 1000 and a 2nd near 1000 yards. I'd argue that having all the options is better as defenses can't determine where you are going.

6 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I hate the NFL but I love the Bengals and the sport.

Same, and it's really hard to enjoy the sport when the opposing team gets to cheat.  I think of it like pro wrestling anymore; fun to watch but the outcomes don't mean much of anything.  The Bengals are the heel right now.  It's sports entertainment & halfway to slapstick comedy.

Would also highly recommend taking in a high school or mid-major college game.  They may not run a 4.3 but they (mostly) play their guts out just for themselves. There's very little bullshit, at least compared to the stockyard levels you're used to in the NFL. It's refreshing.

As for Lafell.. When I see a FA WR make an impact here it'll be the first time.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Same, and it's really hard to enjoy the sport when the opposing team gets to cheat.  I think of it like pro wrestling anymore; fun to watch but the outcomes don't mean much of anything.  The Bengals are the heel right now.  It's sports entertainment & halfway to slapstick comedy.

Would also highly recommend taking in a high school or mid-major college game.  They may not run a 4.3 but they (mostly) play their guts out just for themselves. There's very little bullshit, at least compared to the stockyard levels you're used to in the NFL. It's refreshing.

My college allegiance is to Duke and they get hosed 24/7 i.e. game vs The U last year where the goofy lateral kick return that not only got lateraled forward but the dude was clearly down and still not correctly reviewed. HS I can't get into as it is mostly running and around here St X, Elder, Colerain, Moeller just destroy everyone.

Funny you mention pro wrestling....about 6 months ago or so I got back into WWE and I'm completely hooked on it and NXT. It is so much fun right now. It doesnt match the Attitude Era but it is pretty good.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Terrell Owens? I mean, that was a lost season but he put up pretty good numbers for being so late in his career...

3 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I recall being excited by the potential but hesitant at the prospect of the shitshow. Which it ended up being.

Shit. That was what? 6 years ago now? I was 20 and, believe it or not, a complete moron. I thought that duo would bend the entire league over.

Goddamn that was a painful season. 

On September 9, 2016 at 0:09 AM, T-Dub said:

It is, but the NFL thrives on that kind of shit.  Jets win and everyone gets to feel all warm and fuzzy about it. 

I guarantee there will be at least a half dozen distance shots of lower Manhattan/Ground Zero over the course of the game. Rudy, Christie, DiBlasio...all there in FDNY caps. The NFL will be on full emotion display. 

The Bengals might as well be ISIS, for all the assistance the Jets are going to get from the league Sunday.

On 9/9/2016 at 7:03 PM, T-Dub said:

I agree with your suggestion about going to mid major college games. I live right down the street from William and Mary and go to alot of games. the atmosphere is great. you can take your kids and feel safe plus they play their asses off even though they know very few will make it to the NFL. Seems purer to me. 

13 hours ago, williamsburgbengal said:

I agree with your suggestion about going to mid major college games. I live right down the street from William and Mary and go to alot of games. the atmosphere is great. you can take your kids and feel safe plus they play their asses off even though they know very few will make it to the NFL. Seems purer to me. 

Love the Tribe (if they are still called that). And W&M is a beautiful campus. 

I live in the Columbus area: there are 4 Division III schools within 45 mins from my house. I usually do a Saturday each month at one of them. Same impression as you: purer game, wonderful atmosphere. 

I used to do Ohio State quite often, but those upper levels of Division I are even getting kitchy and fake.

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Love the Tribe (if they are still called that). And W&M is a beautiful campus. 

I live in the Columbus area: there are 4 Division III schools within 45 mins from my house. I usually do a Saturday each month at one of them. Same impression as you: purer game, wonderful atmosphere. 

I used to do Ohio State quite often, but those upper levels of Division I are even getting kitchy and fake.

yep tribe football is fun, bro

On 9/10/2016 at 9:47 PM, Olejatt said:

My keys to the game:

- Establish pass attack to complement the running game

- Make the Jets one dimensional on offense

- No mental errors/penalties/burficts

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Man, we overcame all those things we didn't accomplish, eh? Other than AJ Green in the pass attack...

6 minutes ago, Olejatt said:

I was REALLY surprised how the Jets D got to Dalton! That can't happen again! I know Bodine was guilty on two of the plays that lead to sacks,

But yea, bottom line, Bengals overcame and won! Nice job my Nugent to nail the go ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't surprised that the Jets d-line got to him, I figured that unit would touch him a few times, they have great talent there, I was more shocked at the frequency. But, they managed to tighten up in the second half. Didn't all the sacks occur in the 1st half?

Archived