iPhone 7

Jason

Comes out soon.  Lot's of cool and interesting upgrades.  One thing I don't like though.  They got rid of the headphone jack and now use the lightning port for that.  Which means I can't charge my phone and listen with headphones at the same time.  I actually do that quite a bit.

Not a big fan of losing the 3.5 jack either, and I think their wireless earbud implementation is just mindless. Isn't wireless charging a possibility? 

That said, I find their decision to include only one USB-C port on the MacBook to be a much more egregious breach of common sense... 

ive never used headphones with a phone ever.. literally EVER. had bluetooth for many years, but not recently. there are MANY bluetooths with good sound and GREAT battery life, LG tones for example i own a few pair, when i was doing walking and exercise i used them for music, battery lasted about 20 hours of used, which was many days.. and they fully charged in about 40 minutes..

RE: WIRELESS CHARGING

i did this with my iphone for a while, however it uses the lightning port still, they make an adapter plugs into the lightning port and then a thin pad goes under your case from there, worked REALLY well. but not a solution for charging+headphones... apple did buy two wireless charging companies recently so i assume the 7s/8 should have the wireless charging included. thats the only feature i was hoping for.

as DC said, get the lighting to 2 lighting adapter, pricier fix.. but an option if you NEED it. 

also they will have a dock out that charges and has a 3.5mm jack, forget whos making it..

looked on website to confirm it DOES come with the phone for free and it does, if you lose it a replacement is $9. also phone comes with lightning earbuds if you use apple earbuds. 

so the only remotely potential obsticle is for the very very small percentage of people who must charge and listen on headphones at the same time..

6 hours ago, Tigers Johnson said:

How accurate are the delivery times? It says I won't be getting mine until October 12th....

they always under promise and over deliver. while i am now out of the loop if guess first few days of october. dont know which color you ordered but typically the "new" color takes the longest.

Archived