A "Glass Half Full" Perspective on the Pitt Game

Despite the BS fumble, Im super excited to see how Tyler Boyd progresses from here on. He made some nice catches in the pouring rain. Also love the young TEs. Not sure why they went without gloves. Had a few drops because of it. Middle of the field was open all game.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It was a sloppy played game (all AFCN games are) in the pouring rain on the shittiest field in the NFL. I was plenty happy with the Bengals. Pitt is one of the better AFC teams and we overcome all those disasters, road game and bullshit refs to be in the game in the final seconds. The worst part of the game was redzone offense (though no Eifert is a big factor). I left that game feeling more confident that this team will make a strong run and more believing that the NFL is bullshit.

I can't wait until Tez gets back. The way the secondary looks and the addition of Dansby is going to make an elite defense. Eifert's return will certainly help the offense. He's always been a very solid go to option when Dalton's under duress. Probably won't see either against the Broncos but damn I'm getting excited for week 4 onwards.

It's also nice to get one of these games out of the way early and to come out of it with nobody maimed or killed is a bonus.

Now we can get on with an extended stretch of good spirited football against teams who just play the game without all the savage headhunting. 

Never expected to win in Pittsburgh. I had this as a loss and we'll still get 11 wins.

I really liked Dalton's decisions to throw it away rather than force it. And contrary to others, the dink and dunk down the field that led to Gio's TD was the right path. Take what they give.

Team is looking good, Boyd shows promise and we'll better when Vontaze and Tyler get back.

The one thing that bugs the hell out of me is that we could and should have Jesse James. We drafted two TEs before he went. I was screaming then and now. He will be a thorn in our side.

Archived