Tyler Eifert news...

Trying to get information on Eiferts return.   Doesn't sound like he'll be back for the Broncos game but could be for the Fins game.   Unless I'm reading the tea leaves wrong.   I did run across his twitter post which if posted in its entirety would be moved to the J&D forum.  

“Well, I’ll know when he can go and when I feel good about it that’s when he’ll play,” Lewis said. “And it won’t be an iffy proposition. I think it’ll be very clear to me.”

The tight end was officially listed as doubtful to play on Sunday against Denver.

Ehh, if he honestly just came in situationally Sunday I'd be happy.

Sit uzhoma 

Kroft to start and dude at H-back can play the, eifeirt comes in wjen we enter the red zone.

Sit him thursday, this game is huge for home field advantage.

I'm sick of being a 11-5 or 10-6 team looking at the playoffs having to play 4 games.

With him going at least limited all week, I would be very surprised if he didn't see situational snaps next week. Marvin has said he won't play a full allotment of snaps. Playing him limited Thursday and giving him extended rest to see how the ankle recovers makes too much sense. If it was really going to be week 5, I think they probably would have just PUP'd him.

17 hours ago, Numbers said:

"Out (O) – Not scheduled to play.Doubtful (D) – Players have approximately a 25% chance of playing. Questionable (Q) – Players have approximately a 50% chance of playing. Probable (P) – Players are very likely to start in the upcoming week."

Didn't the league do away with these designations this year? 

Aren't they now just using "full", "limited", or "out" of practice?

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

Didn't the league do away with these designations this year? 

Aren't they now just using "full", "limited", or "out" of practice?

The above was quoted out of a September 2016 article.   Would anyone have information on the new designations  ?

47 minutes ago, Numbers said:

The above was quoted out of a September 2016 article.   Would anyone have information on the new designations  ?

They removed the "Probable" designation, and  The NFL also has changed the meaning of “questionable” and “doubtful”; previously, the “questionable” category reflected a 50-50 likelihood of playing, and “doubtful” meant a 75-percent chance the player wouldn’t play. Now, “questionable” simply means that “it is uncertain as to whether the player will play in the game,” and “doubtful” means that “it is unlikely the player will participate."

36 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I would prefer he doesn't play until week 5. If we need him to beat Miami then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I would like him to play situationally against Miami (or Denver) not because we "need" him (against Miami), but to knock some rust off.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I would like him to play situationally against Miami (or Denver) not because we "need" him (against Miami), but to knock some rust off.

I figured that was what Dallas was for. We really shouldn't need him to beat Dallas if we are really a contender. And with how much he's gotten injured early in his career. I'd rather save his snaps for later and later that I can get away with it.

10 hours ago, Justcallmedaddy said:

They removed the "Probable" designation, and  The NFL also has changed the meaning of “questionable” and “doubtful”; previously, the “questionable” category reflected a 50-50 likelihood of playing, and “doubtful” meant a 75-percent chance the player wouldn’t play. Now, “questionable” simply means that “it is uncertain as to whether the player will play in the game,” and “doubtful” means that “it is unlikely the player will participate."

Thank you for the info.   The new probable is now known as questionable to which teams will continue to manipulate the same way they did with the old probable. 

I do not believe Eifert will play today against Denver.  I *do* believe we'll see him on Thursday against the Dauphin.

220px-Arms_of_the_Dauphin_of_France.svg.

If you're the coach and he's borderline about returning, would you rather him play and then have to turn around to play again 96 hours later, or would you rather he have a week and a half to recover after his first action.  And speaking more practically, would you rather have him return against Von Miller or a Frenchman?

38 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

It may be lame but it is starting to become the reality of things.

Well, it's for a combination of reasons: we have gotten good replacement play from Kroft and Uzomah and Eifert is THAT important to this offense's scoring that we can't shoot ourselves in the foot by rushing a guy back and then losing his production when we need it most.

Just now, thezerawkid said:

Well, it's for a combination of reasons: we have gotten good replacement play from Kroft and Uzomah and Eifert is THAT important to this offense's scoring that we can't shoot ourselves in the foot by rushing a guy back and then losing his production when we need it most.

I know all this. That wasn't what I was responding to. He acted like Eifert needing to be bubble wrapped is ridiculous. It really isn't ridiculous because the dude is starting to be fragile af, puts off his surgery and puts off his rehab because he has the mentality that he's young and invincible.

Archived