The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Broncos

The root problem here is this organization can consistently be outcoached, outschemed, and outmaneuvered. It's not a one off, happens time and again.

We come into this week looking to emphasize the run. First drive, we pound it for a score. Then we just keep going back to it so predictably. We weren't really gashing them after the first drive. 

Would love to get Gio the ball in space. The one time we do it's a great play and easy first down but it's not a point of emphasis.  The offense feels a bit scatter brained and that's typical with a first year coordinator but Zampese has been with us long enough Where one would think we could have maintained some continuity.  

Long year, think they can still turn it around and will but rough way to start.

GOOD
Jeremy Hill looking like the hard running, no dancing 2014 version of himself.
Dalton using his feet to get out of trouble and pick up positive yards
Uzomah's catch on third and long
Run defense was solid
Margus Hunt
Nugent made the kicks he needed to and made a key half tackle on what would have been a kick return TD
Burfict and Eifert both might be back Thursday

BAD
Green's drop on a crucial 3rd down late in the game
Marvin getting outcoached like a mofo
Pacman getting abused in the passing game
Two replays went against us when both should have been overturned
Pass rush...3 sacks in 3 games
Ken Zampese
Cedric Ogbuehi
1-2 when we could be 3-0
Another game the Bengals lost in the second half

UGLY
Dropped INTs
Defensive penalties erasing good plays

I look at the balance of work so far and, of course, am disappointed. However, the sky is not falling. In fact, most of what is happening is totally fixable. We have the pieces. I would like to see what a Bengals team can do when things click into gear later, rather than earlier. Of course, I don't want them to falter much more than they have, but, time and again we have seen that the teams who find momentum late are predominately more successful in the post season.

Today what killed us was lack of discipline...plain and simple. Had we not dropped two early interceptions and actually cashed in on the recovered fumble, the trajectory of the game changes dramatically. And, sure, no Osweiler/Manning be damned, Denver is still an EXCELLENT football team. We competed closely three and half quarters despite countlesss mistakes. 

This team needs a return to fundamentals, throw in a Pro Bowl tight end and Linebacker and we are gonna be fine.

I look at the balance of work so far and, of course, am disappointed. However, the sky is not falling. In fact, most of what is happening is totally fixable. We have the pieces. I would like to see what a Bengals team can do when things click into gear later, rather than earlier. Of course, I don't want them to falter much more than they have, but, time and again we have seen that the teams who find momentum late are predominately more successful in the post season.
Today what killed us was lack of discipline...plain and simple. Had we not dropped two early interceptions and actually cashed in on the recovered fumble, the trajectory of the game changes dramatically. And, sure, no Osweiler/Manning be damned, Denver is still an EXCELLENT football team. We competed closely three and half quarters despite countlesss mistakes. 
This team needs a return to fundamentals, throw in a Pro Bowl tight end and Linebacker and we are gonna be fine.

I agree with everything you said as long as it's not against Kubiac. Lewis can't game plan against him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zampese needs to get his head removed from his ass, the play calling is not working. Through 3 games they are averaging 19 pts/game, that is not going to get you many wins in the NFL. 

Hopefully getting Eifert back will help but only time will tell. Right now they are getting out coached in every phase of the game. 

Can anyone tell me why the Bengals took a knee to end the half when they were losing and had two timeouts with 28 secs to go. Marvin is so conservative, he takes consistent bad calls from the refs lying down and refuses to challenge questionable calls. 

I was considering going to the game today, but watching that debacle I'm glad I didn't waste my time and money.

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Zampese needs to get his head removed from his ass, the play calling is not working. Through 3 games they are averaging 19 pts/game, that is not going to get you many wins in the NFL. 

Hopefully getting Eifert back will help but only time will tell. Right now they are getting out coached in every phase of the game. 

Can anyone tell me why the Bengals took a knee to end the half when they were losing and had two timeouts with 28 secs to go. Marvin is so conservative, he takes consistent bad calls from the refs lying down and refuses to challenge questionable calls. 

I was considering going to the game today, but watching that debacle I'm glad I didn't waste my time and money.

Marvin didn't drop two interceptions.

Bengals never prepare for who they going against. It seems they just want to run what they practice all week even if it makes no sense to use against what they getting thrown at them. Patriots don't use injuries as excuses or that their Offline sucks, they just come out to win even with 3rd string QB who was just drafted a few months ago. Bengals are a sad organization seriously.

14 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

He didn't get them prepared enough to beat a rookie playing his first NFL road game either and put the guys on the field who did, ultimately he's responsible.... what is your point.

It's a theme... how many rookie QBs has this team made look like 1st Ballot Hall of Famers?

The really bad is the realization that this team isn't going to be very good this year compared to last. The corners can't cover, the defense can't make the big plays, and the offense lost too many key pieces for the redzone. I imagine it will get a little better with the return of Eifert and Bur, but overall this team is kinda meandering. I think the playoff streak ends, which may not be a bad thing. Looks like an 8-8 type team to me sadly.

Yeah Dalton has morphed into Alex smith under Alexander. He absolutely refuses to test the waters deep for the second game in a row. You could see the frustration on AJ's face. Yeah green dropped one but that was out of trying to carry the team and make something happen. I'm not quite ready to write off playoffs, but if Dalton continues his Alex smith imitation all bets are off

It will help score some more points, but man our defense is looking old, and we can't protect Andy (Who has actually played as good as he can) at all. It's been pretty hard to get excited/care about this season after the way the last one ended. Seems like that has carried over to the Bengals players as well.

Yeah you can see the carry over. Kubiac game planned to attack Jones. He knows how hot headed Jones can be so he hammered him until he broke. Jones didn't lose it with penalties. He lost it by Kubiac showing him disrespect, That was great coaching.

There's no doubt AJ Green is in the top tier of reviewers , but there's one troubling trend I've noticed. The only defensive back he's been able to beat over theses three games . Is a end of his career Revis. That's very troubling going into Miami where he's never won . Meanwhile Marvin Jones just racked up 205 yards today. Maybe Jones played more of a factor in Greens success than most here gave him credit for

30 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Yeah you can see the carry over. Kubiac game planned to attack Jones. He knows how hot headed Jones can be so he hammered him until he broke. Jones didn't lose it with penalties. He lost it by Kubiac showing him disrespect, That was great coaching.

You lost me here. What exactly are you saying?

By the way, the play Jones was burned on he was totally pushed off on. Jones was step for step with the receiver all he way down to about the ten yard line and all of a sudden he lost three steps on he guy. Why? Because he was shoved.

It wasn't really bad, but it was enough. 

Archived