The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Broncos

Hopefully we'all get Burfict and Eifert back on Thursday. What everyone feared has proven to be true, right now we only have 1 receiving threat. Get Eifert back will obviously help, but we haven't seen much to show that Lafell and Boyd can beat man to man coverage. 

Given the legendary status of the first 3 defensive fronts we have faced, I think the offensive line can obviously only improve. Ogbuehi will be better with time. But the coverage downfield was absolutely terrible today. Gotta get that ironed out ASAP.

i just dont understand the absolute unwillingness to not try and stretch the field. Terrible defense. Eifert and Burfict need to play Thursday. 1-2 behind Baltimore and the fucking Stealers and may be tied with the browns here in the next half hour or so. Season is far from over but go 1-3 and I think that'll do it. 

The really bad is the realization that this team isn't going to be very good this year compared to last. The corners can't cover, the defense can't make the big plays, and the offense lost too many key pieces for the redzone. I imagine it will get a little better with the return of Eifert and Bur, but overall this team is kinda meandering. I think the playoff streak ends, which may not be a bad thing. Looks like an 8-8 type team to me sadly.

To put it kindly, this is a very mediocre team with serious issues (especially along the OL).  Maybe it's time to go with Winston and let Ced bake a while longer (not that it would probably make much difference).  Getting Eiffert & Taze back might help some, but they need a lot more than that.  This team could easily be 2-5 going into Stains Game 1.

The good news is it starts with the Dolphins. If we beat them, which for the love of god we should, the rest of the schedule is as follows. If it's a Dolphin loss I agree this things over. But with the level of competition coming up, 10-6/ 11-5 is not out of the question if they can get ALOT better playing corner and scoring in the red zone. Eh, it's hard to say. The Dolphins game will be pretty telling how this might play out.

Thu, Sep 29
vs
1ysKnl7VwOQO8g94gbjKdQ_56x42.pngDolphins

8:25 PM
W

Sun, Oct 9
@
-zeHm0cuBjZXc2HRxRAI0g_56x42.pngCowboys

4:25 PM
W

Sun, Oct 16
@
z89hPEH9DZbpIYmF72gSaw_56x42.pngPatriots

1:00 PM
L

Sun, Oct 23
vs
bTzlW33n9s53DxRzmlZXyg_56x42.pngBrowns

W

Sun, Oct 30
vs
z_Or7w7bQ_ALmWUNsdd7AQ_56x42.pngRedskins

9:30 AM
W

Mon, Nov 14
@
q8qdTYh-OWR5uO_QZxFENw_56x42.pngGiants

8:30 PM
W

Sun, Nov 20
vs
_RMCkIDTISqCPcSoEvRDhg_56x42.pngBills

W

Sun, Nov 27
@
1vlEqqoyb9uTqBYiBeNH-w_56x42.pngRavens

split

Sun, Dec 4
vs
s4ab0JjXpDOespDSf9Z14Q_56x42.pngEagles

W

Sun, Dec 11
@

W

Sun, Dec 18
vs
mdUFLAswQ4jZ6V7jXqaxig_56x42.pngStealers

L

Sat, Dec 24
@
sSUn9HRpYLQtEFF2aG9T8Q_56x42.pngTexans
W

12 minutes ago, Ole Gamer Joe said:

The good news is it starts with the Dolphins. If we beat them, which for the love of god we should, the rest of the schedule is as follows. If it's a Dolphin loss I agree this things over. But with the level of competition coming up, 10-6/ 11-5 is not out of the question if they can get ALOT better playing corner and scoring in the red zone. Eh, it's hard to say. The Dolphins game will be pretty telling how this might play out.

Thu, Sep 29
vs
1ysKnl7VwOQO8g94gbjKdQ_56x42.pngDolphins

W

Sun, Oct 9
@
-zeHm0cuBjZXc2HRxRAI0g_56x42.pngCowboys

4:25 PM
W

Sun, Oct 16
@
z89hPEH9DZbpIYmF72gSaw_56x42.pngPatriots

L

Sun, Oct 23
vs

W

Sun, Oct 30
vs
z_Or7w7bQ_ALmWUNsdd7AQ_56x42.pngRedskins

9:30 AM
W

Mon, Nov 14
@
q8qdTYh-OWR5uO_QZxFENw_56x42.pngGiants

W

Sun, Nov 20
vs
_RMCkIDTISqCPcSoEvRDhg_56x42.pngBills

W

Sun, Nov 27
@
1vlEqqoyb9uTqBYiBeNH-w_56x42.pngRavens

split

Sun, Dec 4
vs
s4ab0JjXpDOespDSf9Z14Q_56x42.pngEagles

W

Sun, Dec 11
@

W

Sun, Dec 18
vs
mdUFLAswQ4jZ6V7jXqaxig_56x42.pngStealers

L

Sat, Dec 24
@
sSUn9HRpYLQtEFF2aG9T8Q_56x42.pngTexans
W

Agreed.  They put three of the four toughest games we will play all season right at the beginning of our schedule, with two being on the road. I think we're 5-3 at the break.

Good:

- Peko, Margus Hunt showed up.

- Hill ran well when the run game had some nuance.

- Dansby impressed me with his positioning and instincts.

Bad:

- Dalton throwing at the defense.  He only got caught on it once, but it could have been worse.

- Defense staying on the field and getting gassed.

Ugly:

- Offensive play calling goes solid and nuanced, to vanilla, then desperation to nuance that doesn't work anymore.

- O-line overall is crap; main culprits right now are Ogbuehi and Bodine.

- Bengals didn't call a timeout to get out of obvious mismatches once all game.  Chris Lewis-Harris on Thomas one-on-one?  Yeah, that's a touchdown guys, call timeout.  Guys?

EDIT:  Forgot one.  Bengals dropping EASY INTS!!

This was a classic Marvin Lewis "find a way to lose" game.  Fumbling a punt return, leaving mismatches on the field, running up the gut all day against a great defense (except the first series when we stomped all over them of course).  Just bad.

Archived