Programming Alert

12 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I thought he was going to be on an episode of Catfish on Empty Vee when he finds out the girl he met on Hello Cupid is really Roger Goodell and meets up with him for coffee and danish.

In hindsight Chad took Goodell's NFL exactly as seriously as it deserves.  He wasn't a goof-off, he was a visionary.

11 hours ago, bengals7833 said:

Excellent show. Chad was a special player that won't get remembered how he should. Dude was a great guy with a big heart. 

The donation he made after the Pepto Bismal incident was never widely published as some other stunts.   Breast Cancer awareness week (I think) and he donated to them a pay check without much fan fare.  I agree his heart was in the right place.

2 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Shows you how much guys loved Chad. They were able to get Ray Lewis, TO, Marvin, Palmer, Brat, Hue to all interview. A few of those guys are NOT easy to get to do interviews especially Palmer and Marvin and even Brat seems to have turned down a lot of requests in the past.

It also dispelled the rumors that Carson had issues with Chad.

He himself said he had no issues with it so long as he worked hard and that Chad was the hardest working guy on the team.

In fact the Ocho Cinco thing was Carson's idea.

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It also dispelled the rumors that Carson had issues with Chad.

He himself said he had no issues with it so long as he worked hard and that Chad was the hardest working guy on the team.

In fact the Ocho Cinco thing was Carson's idea.

Yep it just falls more in line with what I've heard "Palmer's" issues were.

Palmer gave Chad some hella praise too considering some of the comments he made and Larry Fitzgerald has been his teammate for a while now.

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Very telling his Community College coach, his "father figure" wouldn't take "OchoCinco's" phone calls and called him a joke.

Great show. But it made me sad about losing Chad Johnson.

Made me sad how his career ended too. Such a great player and career and ended so shitty and abrupt.

I enjoyed the show but I was also disappointed in some of the things they didn't cover about Chad. 

- He first got his name out by guaranteeing the win over undefeated KC in 2003 and then we won. That was Marvin's first year and Chad and the Bengals franchise "coming out of the dark ages" moment.

- No mention of Chris Henry who Chad was really close with and really impacted him.

- Would have loved to have Peter Warrick and/or TJ Houshmanzadeh involved in the episode as well. TJ was a big part of Chad's career and they were close and TJ has always seem to enjoy being interviewed. I would have loved to heard his comments/stories. Peter Warrick and Chad started the Waffle House and 7/11 nicknames and if not for throwing his career away in 2003 to try to get us a playoff berth they would have been one hell of a dynamic 1/2 punch. They seemed pretty close as well.

- They mentioned how much he loved the fans but didn't mention any of the awesome gatherings he did throughout Cincinnati during the years. He would constantly meet 100 fans at the movie theater and buy everyone tix and popcorn. He would go to the malls and constantly meet with fans as he shopped. I witnessed him multiple times buy kids stuff like Xbox and Playstations and other toys and clothes and what not. Always a smile and trying to reach out to the fans.

On 9/27/2016 at 5:00 PM, High School Harry said:

I thought he was going to be on an episode of Catfish on Empty Vee when he finds out the girl he met on Hello Cupid is really Roger Goodell and meets up with him for coffee and danish.

Wouldn't be the first time Goodell f***ed Chad Johnson...

I was one of those who loved Chad Johnson, hated Chad Ochocinco.

Can't really say that the episode changed that in any way. 

The episode was as positive as possible, but there was a subtext... His father (figure) disowned him. He didn't stop. Marvin told him to cut it out, he didn't stop. Everyone he supposedly "respected" told him to play football... He was more interested in reality shows and Dancing with the Stars.

Also, a very telling comment about Chad "pouting" if he didn't get the ball early. We knew it as fans. And it's a fine line between thinking you are the best chance the team has to win and thinking you're bigger than the team. A lot of that "cute" behavior... How many times did Carson get picked off by McAllister? Do we know? If Chad was suiting up Sunday would you still think it's cute?

Hopefully he's back to being Chad Johnson again... Although he's still on my Twitter and it does't look like much has changed. We still didn't get to know Chad Johnson, we got to know the persona he wanted to portray on an ESPN special. 9 hours ago he was complaining about how much strippers charge for a private dance.

17 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I was one of those who loved Chad Johnson, hated Chad Ochocinco.

Can't really say that the episode changed that in any way. 

The episode was as positive as possible, but there was a subtext... His father (figure) disowned him. He didn't stop. Marvin told him to cut it out, he didn't stop. Everyone he supposedly "respected" told him to play football... He was more interested in reality shows and Dancing with the Stars.

Also, a very telling comment about Chad "pouting" if he didn't get the ball early. We knew it as fans. And it's a fine line between thinking you are the best chance the team has to win and thinking you're bigger than the team. A lot of that "cute" behavior... How many times did Carson get picked off by McAllister? Do we know? If Chad was suiting up Sunday would you still think it's cute?

Hopefully he's back to being Chad Johnson again... Although he's still on my Twitter and it does't look like much has changed. We still didn't get to know Chad Johnson, we got to know the persona he wanted to portray on an ESPN special. 9 hours ago he was complaining about how much strippers charge for a private dance.

Don't take him serious. That is the first rule of Chad.

Archived