The Good

Dline was nasty tonight, every guy on it did something

AJ Green was beastly

Nuge

The Bad

The big play we gave up that they scored on

Oline, specifically in run blocking it was just bad

Red Zone O - too many FGs not enough TDs

Andy's pass to Uzomah if he wouldnt have thrown it behind him it would have been a TD

The Ugly

These Color Rush Uni's

The Good

Dline was nasty tonight, every guy on it did something. Clarke and Hunt are starting to play much better. 

AJ Green was beastly. Boyd made a play and LaeFell is solid. 

Nuge.

Uzomaoh is becoming a nice threat.

The Bad

The big play we gave up that they scored on.

Oline, specifically in run blocking it was just bad. Something needs to be done at Center. 

Red Zone O - too many FGs not enough TDs.

The Ugly

These Color Rush Uni's

Ilokas stupid hit. 

Dennard looks bad. 

Good

- D-line (I'm really liking that Hunt and Clarke are contributing)

- Defense was solid overall

- Nugent

Bad

- Stupid penalties everywhere

- The team's identity overall is looking like a classic Marvin Lewis "skin of my teeth", "always play down to the opponent's level" type

- Can't score TD's, still.

Ugly

- O-line was plain garbage today

- Run game non-existent against a bad run defense

- Fischer was scary bad as a guard

- Dennard was uninspiring when tackling and recovering

Sorry boys but we won't win shit playing like this.  We've all said it for years, but when the fuck is Paul Alexander going to take some blame for the continued weaksauce play of the o-line?  Every year we either have a weak link they refuse to fix or the entire line way underachieves.  Today nearly everything was wrong with the OL, from horrendously stupid penalties to non-existent run blocking to getting creamed on short yardage to barely keeping Dalton clean to a pathetically botched snap.  Not only are we near last in run offense but we're #1 in sacks allowed.  They can't possibly keep Alexander around with it like this.

My theory why it's so drastically different?  The identity lent to the entire offense by Hue Jackson is gone!

Good.   We won.  German Plum Brandy will remove the paint from your house and blow your doors in.   Tailgate party with quite a few of the crew.   Willetts is still a game winner.   Field goal unit is extremely effective... 

Bad.   We kicked 5 freaking field goals. 

Ugly.   Errant snap from center.   Josh Shaw going down and then checking out of game.   Russell Bodine?  Getting tackled by the Dolphins for no call.   Late hit by the Dolphin's and again no call.   Bill Cowturd stepping foot in our house.   

How about the Phins stepping onto the end line, back into the end zone, taking a knee? I mean, how much simple, blatant bullshit from the refs are we going to have to endure this year?

Unfortunately was the right call. Thought the refs did a good job for the first time in forever.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jhowdy54 said:

Unfortunately was the right call. Thought the refs did a good job for the first time in forever.

Was it because the view I had of the screen in the stadium wasn't that good and he didn't actually step on the line? Or, do I not understand that rule properly? It's not a matter of the ball breaking the plane, is it?

Was it because the view I had of the screen in the stadium wasn't that good and he didn't actually step on the line? Or, do I not understand that rule properly? It's not a matter of the ball breaking the plane, is it?

I didnt understand the rule either until they explained it. The rule states that the entire football has to come out completely. The player holding the ball cant still cross the line as long as part of the ball remains in the endzone. Clearly I thought that was the case, even with the bad angle.

The terrible -

Marshall Faulk on the postgame show DESPERATELY trying to not talk about the Bengals. He legitimately verbally attacked Michael Irvin for a good 30 seconds for even mentioning speaking about the Bengals. When Irvin said they should talk about the winners instead of the losers, Faulk said that was ridiculous and to "let the producers produce the show".  Rich Eisen even had to step in to break it up because Marshall was getting so belligerent at the thought of mentioning the Bengals.

It's embarrassing the lengths he went to to avoid talking about the Bengals. He needs to be removed from working Bengal games (preferably all games) because he has a clear and huge bias. He's insufferable.

5 hours ago, jhowdy54 said:

This game meant little to the league. In actual viewing importance to them (financially) essentially a throw-away game. In NBA terms, it would be like the Charlotte Bobcats playing the Milwaukee Bucks--mildly interesting to a select audience, but nothing compared to having one of the Favored Franchises involved. 

As such, no need for the type of shenanigans we have seen in recent games (and years for that matter). 

6 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Can anyone briefly recap the injuries based on whatever information there is? I was at the game and saw Shaw come off. Isn't that right? I don't remember any other Bengals coming off and not coming back in.

Boling went to the locker room (3rd Qtr?) and I don't think he played again.

5 hours ago, BengalRep85-9 said:

The terrible -

Marshall Faulk on the postgame show DESPERATELY trying to not talk about the Bengals. He legitimately verbally attacked Michael Irvin for a good 30 seconds for even mentioning speaking about the Bengals. When Irvin said they should talk about the winners instead of the losers, Faulk said that was ridiculous and to "let the producers produce the show".  Rich Eisen even had to step in to break it up because Marshall was getting so belligerent at the thought of mentioning the Bengals.

It's embarrassing the lengths he went to to avoid talking about the Bengals. He needs to be removed from working Bengal games (preferably all games) because he has a clear and huge bias. He's insufferable.

Is there a story behind this?  What's his problem?

One bad thing that was not mentioned was the referee who was standing on the Huber's left side when he got pushed down by the Miami player.

He should have been the one to throw the flag.

Matter of fact, it was his assignment to make sure that the punter is not ran into.

Huber looked right at him and the referee heads downfield.

The flag came from the referee on the opposite side of the field who didn't have the greatest view.

Archived