Onto the Patriots

Anyone else think we win this week? I do.

52 pissed off Bengals vs 1 Pissed off Patriot, I like our odds.

But in all honesty, I think we match up well vs the patriots, I also don't think they have the O-line talent to do what the cowboys did.

I do think we need to get our O-line coached up big time, and start looking into plays that work.

1 hour ago, turningpoint said:

I do think we need to get our O-line coached up big time, and start looking into plays that work.

I think we need to dumb it down across the board, starting with Bratkowski getting stuffed in a laundry chute.

"Oh it's a chess game" yeah if chess was played with hammers

21 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Anyone else think we win this week? I do.

52 pissed off Bengals vs 1 Pissed off Patriot, I like our odds.

But in all honesty, I think we match up well vs the patriots, I also don't think they have the O-line talent to do what the cowboys did.

I disagree, ...we don't have 52 pissed off Bengals, ...they don't have that much heart.

Plus, ...we've never followed up a butt whooping with one of our own in the Marvin era, ...never.

No, ...this is going to be a bloodbath, ...ours.

1 minute ago, Dautcom08 said:

Noticed this early on when Burfict was trying to bring down Zeke and Shaw just kind of danced along side of them not even attempting to help.

Shaw could have tried to strip the ball, ...instead we get a dance.

While this team probably isn't very good, there's still a really good chance they are gunning for the second wildcard. At this point we are only really competing with the Bills and Ravens. Likely just comes down beating those two so they have a tiebreaker. Could come down to PBS on New Years Day. Probably three, maybe four losses left and if you look at our schedule that is achievable. 

If the wheels fall off next week and fingers start getting pointed, could be a lost season which I would hope would prompt a leadership change. Something just feels off and I have a feeling it stems from that playoff loss.

5 minutes ago, JC said:

While this team probably isn't very good, there's still a really good chance they are gunning for the second wildcard. At this point we are only really competing with the Bills and Ravens. Likely just comes down beating those two so they have a tiebreaker. Could come down to PBS on New Years Day. Probably three, maybe four losses left and if you look at our schedule that is achievable. 

If the wheels fall off next week and fingers start getting pointed, could be a lost season which I would hope would prompt a leadership change. Something just feels off and I have a feeling it stems from that playoff loss.

This. 

Maybe it has something to do with busting ass all year, gutting through injuries and whatever else to win some close games, making the postseason and still having a shot to advance even with a backup QB only to have the NFL just say "nope!" & blatantly fuck them over in a game even they later quietly admit should've gone to the Bengals.  Then on top of the bad calls they punish us while choosing to ignore deliberate headhunting by the chosen team, not just during the game but after.  Then add throwing out suspensions for something as bush league as a coach pulling hair, despite it being caught on camera.

Add to this Marvin's philosophy of gritting their teeth & grabbing their ankles, and it's not hard to imagine players losing faith in both their head coach and their prospects playing football for a designated whipping boy franchise. If their hearts aren't in it after all being disrespected like that & having nobody speak up for them, can you really blame them?

2 hours ago, JC said:

Something does feel off. My theory is that in trying to appease the league and the media we lost our defensive edge. Our defensive identity is swagger and physical toughness. Not any more.  

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Maybe it has something to do with busting ass all year, gutting through injuries and whatever else to win some close games, making the postseason and still having a shot to advance even with a backup QB only to have the NFL just say "nope!" & blatantly fuck them over in a game even they later quietly admit should've gone to the Bengals.  Then on top of the bad calls they punish us while choosing to ignore deliberate headhunting by the chosen team, not just during the game but after.  Then add throwing out suspensions for something as bush league as a coach pulling hair, despite it being caught on camera.

Add to this Marvin's philosophy of gritting their teeth & grabbing their ankles, and it's not hard to imagine players losing faith in both their head coach and their prospects playing football for a designated whipping boy franchise. If their hearts aren't in it after all being disrespected like that & having nobody speak up for them, can you really blame them?

Can't really get behind that one. We got a raw deal, but that game was won until we fumbled the ball. We don't fumble the ball and we are watching McCarron in Foxborough the week after.

Something may be "off", but could always come back "on". 

I have no confidence going into NE, however win the next two "home" games, and you are 4-4 at the turn. Get a little mo...and scratch out a 10-6 or 9-7 finish, they could squeeze in. As was said, our main competition will be the Bills and the Rats--three real potential swing wins out of the remaining eight. And something tells me they will finally beat those Black/Gold Bastards at home.

i have seen worse looking teams do it. 

13 hours ago, JC said:

Can't really get behind that one. We got a raw deal, but that game was won until we fumbled the ball. We don't fumble the ball and we are watching McCarron in Foxborough the week after.

That fumble would've been a footnote without 2 bs calls to get Shitsburgh in FG range, a TD that wasn't, a no-call on a deliberate headshot on Gio that was far worse than anything Burfict did, etc etc.  The NFL was not going to let us win that game, fumble or no.

Archived