Will Tyler Eifert play a snap in 2016?

Be honest here do you have any reason to believe Tyler Eifert will play a snap in 2016? What the hell is this back injury? Marvin said it wasnt serious, but its serious enough that the guy cant even attend practices at all. No rehab field, no nothing. Has not even been seen in the lockerroom for 2 weeks now. The Bengals will obviously pick up his 5th year option, but no way do they give this guy a longterm contract for big dollars. Somebody will but hopefully not us.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Marvin is a liar and a buffoon. Eifert is a chandelier. Maybe he'll come back and maybe he won't. Who cares? I want to see them win a playoff game and it will NEVER happen with Marvin Lewis or with the mentality that runs this organization. They believe they know more than anyone else, but they don't. The fact of the matter is that they have a good QB, a great WR,  a great LT, two great D-Lineman, and a great LB. you should make the playoffs every year with star power like that. This team had a window to win and it cheaped out and blew it. You can't use Emmanuel Lamar as an everydown LB or Eric Ghiacuc Jr. at center when you are trying to win a Super Bowl. 

I told my buddy at work, around week 2, that the Bengals and Marvin Lewis are notorious for not having their players back on time from injury.  In fact, i told him the earliest Eifert would be back would be week 10.  This is week 6, he's not going to play.  He will also miss the two following weeks.  Week 9 is a bye.  Shaping up to look like week 10.....at the earliest.  Hopefully they can win some games in the meantime, or he may not come back at all.  

4 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

I think after the bye week but if you need your Eifert fix, he has a new cereal out at Kroger. It's called Tyler's Touchdown Crunch. Not to be confused with Tyler's Ankle Crunch. 

I looked for it at my local store but it was out of stock and they said their next shipment was questionable.

Probably would've ripped open on the way home anyway.

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I looked for it at my local store but it was out of stock and they said their next shipment was questionable.

Marvin said he is optimistic and its a day to day thing and will be a game day decision. The manager of my local Kroger tells me it will be coming in some time next September to coincide with Eifert's return to the team.

10 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Marvin said he is optimistic and its a day to day thing and will be a game day decision. The manager of my local Kroger tells me it will be coming in some time next September to coincide with Eifert's return to the team.

Goodell will make them change the recipe to remove the nuts

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The store manager also said that the box was dinged a little bit, and would be ready when it was ready. 

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I poured myself a bowl but then decided to set it aside until lunchtime just to be safe

Might as well just put it on ice for tomorrow morning to be extra special careful...

This guy reminds of Mr. Glass himself, Chris Perry

12 minutes ago, Phish said:

Might as well just put it on ice for tomorrow morning to be extra special careful...

This guy reminds of Mr. Glass himself, Chris Perry

In all fairness I think that remains to be seen.  He could put this recent crap behind him and play 200+ straight like Witten.

On 10/13/2016 at 8:27 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

Nothing will surprise me with Eifert.  The whole situation has been handled so poorly I can see him winding up on IR.  I certainly do not forsee him staying healthy for long.

Eifert handled it poorly back in the spring but outside of that the team can't help that when he's finally ready the fragile piece of glass hurt his back. He's a very unreliable player. All the talent in the world to be an unstoppable superstar but his body is just fragile. And it really sucks because the offense is built around AJ and Eifert so now they struggle cuz the options behind that are raw or yawn.

Archived