Roethlisberger has torn meniscus

BengalBacker

At one point on the radio this morning, they said he'd only be out 2 weeks?? How is that possible? And amazing this happens right before they play the Pats. Any bets that he makes his return on December 18, if not sooner?

At one point on the radio this morning, they said he'd only be out 2 weeks?? How is that possible? And amazing this happens right before they play the Pats. Any bets that he makes his return on December 18, if not sooner?

But even if he did....but he won't . It's about Winn your division. That's the sure way of getting invited to the big dance. We're doing the same with 85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

But even if he did....but he won't . It's about Winn your division. That's the sure way of getting invited to the big dance. We're doing the same with 85

I wouldn't count on Tyler Ihurt for anything.  Ever.  At least for very long.

I wouldn't count on Tyler Ihurt for anything.  Ever.  At least for very long.

I said it when he sustained his first injury. NFL is full of guys that had great talent but weren't physically built to handle the rigors of showing up for the 16 game season. He's in that category. Best thing we can do is only use him in division games. I have no problem with that. Otherwise we go through what you see every season. He's on average good for 6 games a year. Face it, he's not going anywhere so use him sparingly.

From Joe Bryant:

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette is reporting Stealers QB Ben Roethlisberger suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee and will require surgery Monday morning. At this point, there is no timetable for his return. The Stealers plan to start Landry Jones against the Patriots this coming week.  Our Dr. Jene Bramel reports his return will be dependent on whether they do a meniscus removal (short absence) vs a repair (likely season-ending). We'll hopefully know more Monday. 

I heard he nearly died.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:32 AM, RhodeIslandFan said:

23 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

20 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

15 hours ago, jhowdy54 said:

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Boy, you guys sure do love Tapatalk.

The perfect scenario. We take the division. We go to New England and our offense and defense play a game for the ages. Andy looked poised Sunday just wasn't getting any time. Adam Jones and Vontaze kick ass and wipe their slate clean with a dominating performance. Jeremy hill squares up and busts some ass leaving bodies in his path. Geno Atkins....need I say more about him. He's a beast. We click on all three phases and we go to the big dance . This is a talented fucking team, just lacks discipline and focus. Laugh all you like but if Big Ben's season is over. The team that should have gone to New England last year. Will go to New England this year. Green & Eifert will
light New England like two receivers haven't in recent memory. AJ beat their best corner Sunday. I'm sure Green and Andy would love another chance

11 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

The perfect scenario. We take the division. We go to New England and our offense and defense play a game for the ages. Andy looked poised Sunday just wasn't getting any time. Adam Jones and Vontaze kick ass and wipe their slate clean with a dominating performance. Jeremy hill squares up and busts some ass leaving bodies in his path. Geno Atkins....need I say more about him. He's a beast. We click on all three phases and we go to the big dance emoji126.png. This is a talented fucking team, just lacks discipline and focus. Laugh all you like but if Big Ben's season is over. The team that should have gone to New England last year. Will go to New England this year. Green & Eifert will
light New England like two receivers haven't in recent memory. AJ beat their best corner Sunday. I'm sure Green and Andy would love another chance emoji41.png

Pass that over here. 

002_th_StonedSmileys_zps3d02f1d4.gif

Thanks... 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/19/report-roethlisberger-absence-now-pegged-at-4-6-weeks/

Report: Roethlisberger absence now pegged at 4-6 weeks

Earlier this week, Steelers backup quarterback Landry Jones said he wasn’t ready to rule Ben Roethlisberger out this week, though coach Mike Tomlin quickly doused that the following day.

But it might be much longer than a week before Roethlisberger returns.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, the timetable for Roethlisberger after knee surgery has moved from a week or two to four-to-six.

The Steelers have a bye week after this week’s game against the Patriots, which had some hoping Roethlisberger might return after the bye to play the Ravens. But now games against the Cowboys and Browns are very much in doubt.

Roethlisberger admitted that last year’s injury could be a factor in his current situation, and it appears he’s going to be out longer than anyone with the team anticipated.

The way it's now saying,  Ben's injury is more of a tear than just a trim, hence the 4-6 weeks.   Seems like it was worse than anticipated.

Get well and recover Big Ben,  just don't try to be Superman  (though as a Bengals fan I would like to see that happen)

Bengals,  here's your mulligan:  even though team's been playing below average,  so has the other teams, so we are still in the thick of things.  We need to take advantage of what we have now and pounce on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived