TV antenna questionquestion

So some of you may (or not) know that I moved to a new house.  In my old house I was able to connect the antenna to our coax line that ran through the house and all our tvs could pick up local channels.  Now it seems I can only pick up channels on the TV that is closest to the antenna (this happens to be upstairs).  

My guess is that the line to our other TV is much further away from the antenna now and thus we don't get reception.  Is there a way to boost the signal to the other TV?  Does this make sense or am I missing something?  

I would just add another antenna, but we don't seem to pick up anything on the main floor with one.  Any ideas?

if im understanding that correctly.... the distance of the tv from the antenna shouldn't matter.. the antenna, if its getting signal, should send it to whatever.. unless its you know, 100 feet or something, are the other coax lines in a splitter? i know when we moved in only the family room was in the splitter the rest where just sitting there, so directv guy had to connect them, although he replaced it with their splitter, but i have never seen a scenario where the antenna is working great for just one TV. if its getting signal sending it from the splitter to any room in the house shouldnt be degraded enough to matter.

also, there are amplifiers, you can spend $5-150 on a signal amplifier. they work decent if needed, but if ONE tv is working well, and the others getting NOTHING... thats not an amplifier issue i cant imagine.

Finally figured out what was going on.  Coax wasn't connected together - I forgot all the lines came to one closet..I just needed to connected them with the splitter.  I finally am online again as well, but I won't have fiber for a month or two.   There is so much demand.....so it looks like 65 down right now.

On 10/20/2016 at 9:03 PM, Montana Bengal said:

Finally figured out what was going on.  Coax wasn't connected together - I forgot all the lines came to one closet..I just needed to connected them with the splitter.  I finally am online again as well, but I won't have fiber for a month or two.   There is so much demand.....so it looks like 65 down right now.

nice!

and shitty on the fiber, hopefully your "month or two" isnt like my "month or two" on getting fiber... its been 6 years and 6 months since i was told "a month or two".

what happened was everyone got concast, now comcast has the 250MB option and most people bundle with tv and all that. so onverting to fiber is harder than if they offered it when everything was built... now itll be a long ass time... they started it on the new streets built 1.5 years ago.. i can see houses that have it.. if i was good at golf i could hit thier house with a golf ball.. but noooooo ... i cant have it..

#bitter

12 hours ago, GoBengals said:

nice!

and shitty on the fiber, hopefully your "month or two" isnt like my "month or two" on getting fiber... its been 6 years and 6 months since i was told "a month or two".

what happened was everyone got concast, now comcast has the 250MB option and most people bundle with tv and all that. so onverting to fiber is harder than if they offered it when everything was built... now itll be a long ass time... they started it on the new streets built 1.5 years ago.. i can see houses that have it.. if i was good at golf i could hit thier house with a golf ball.. but noooooo ... i cant have it..

#bitter

What I've got now is 60 down and I think 8 up.  Not bad, but I miss the fiber.  It sounds like the month or two is probably going to be 6-12 months.  I can live with it for the time-being.  They are already in the neighborhood they just install where there is demand - oh there are like 8 houses in this area - we'll install there.

Archived