Marvin Lewis Press Conference

I know we all have a opinion of Marvin one way or the other, but does it irk you guys that he's jovial and humorous during a press conference which leads into a division rival when we're 2-4? Obviously a few of us think his methods are outdated, but this kind of stamps it home for me. Never like to say I'm upset, but this hurts me as a fan. Obviously in terms of the franchise he's done exceptionally well, but does he even care anymore? Quite concerned at this point.

It pisses me off. Not only is he jovial, but when he's asked a question he doesnt like, he speaks to the reporters condescendingly like they're some sort of peasants not worthy of his presence. He just comes off as a downright rude. I'm so sick of Lewis I could puke. 

53 minutes ago, Griever said:

It pisses me off. Not only is he jovial, but when he's asked a question he doesnt like, he speaks to the reporters condescendingly like they're some sort of peasants not worthy of his presence. He just comes off as a downright rude. I'm so sick of Lewis I could puke. 

Being condescending is kind of a defense mechanism.  He either does not know the answer or does not want to give it and he responds by taking the offensive as a defensive tactic, if that makes sense.  Not at all uncommon with some VERY prominent politicians to the point of coming off smug and snarky when its an evasive tactic to cover their own reluctance to respond for whatever reason.  Whatever, Marvin does the same thing and ends up saying nothing.  He speaks in cliches and vagaries and says virtually nothing but it takes him 20 minutes to do so.

Shit gets ofd. Fool's gotta go.

2 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I don't give a shit how he talks to the media.. I wish he would talk to the refs and the officiating committee when his team is being fucked on the field...
Well..I guess he could bring that up to the media.

I am very tired of ole Marv and the ho hum shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Absolutely amen to that.  Too bad I can only give one +1.

Other teams coaches go ape shit and, at best, Marvmallow asks something an nods his head even if the ref told him to go fuck himself.

4 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Holy fuck, I love what he does and how he does it. Look at Dalton's queer ass answers, youd prefer that????

Belicheck does it also. My god, it's a crappy press conference, wish theu still had manzel so he could call them a midget again.

Did you just compare Marvin Lewis to Bill Belicheck?!? Belicheck is one of the best coaches the league has ever seen. Marvin Lewis is a milquetoast sissy who pisses his pants when playing pressure games. Belicheck has earned the right to be smug. Giggles, not so much.

4 hours ago, jhowdy54 said:

Bill Belicheck teams have been busted twice for cheating. Hard to respect a man who cheats the game. Imagine hes done many more stuff that wasnt caught. Maybe thats what it takes to win in this league.

Yeah you'd think being caught cheating twice in the postseason would tarnish a coach's reputation & have more serious consequences. I think it's safe to assume they're cheating the rest of the time, too. The NFL & fans are generally fine with it, though, so instead Belicheat's a no doubt first-ballot HoF'er. 

So much integrity.

11 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Did you just compare Marvin Lewis to Bill Belicheck?!? Belicheck is one of the best coaches the league has ever seen. Marvin Lewis is a milquetoast sissy who pisses his pants when playing pressure games. Belicheck has earned the right to be smug. Giggles, not so much.

Good lord this message board is insufferable anymore.

5 hours ago, BengalsOwn said:

Good lord this message board is insufferable anymore.

Seriously, we lose some games to some really good teams and everyone acts like we need to blow the whole thing up....we made the playoffs 5 years in a row and still will probably make it a 6th year in a row, yet everyone is whining non stop. 

Archived