I have been one of his strongest supporters.... but I am starting to lose faith...

does he he ever just lose his shit on one of these idiots that makes a moronic play? 

After this game I would be in the locker room flipping tables and throwing helmets telling these dumbasses that keep making stupid penalties to get their shit together....

3 minutes ago, MrDingleDangle said:

Marvin "Tie Machine" Lewis

Seriously there have been 6 games that end in a tie since Marvin took over for the Bengals. He has been the coach in 3 of them

Wow, didnt know that. Playing "not to lose" at its finest. But that's Mediocre Marv...still employed after 14 years

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

IMHO, isn't his continued employment essentially a confession from Mike and Katie that they have no clue how to run a football team without him?

I would go one further and say it also sends a message that being "OK kinda sometimes" is good enough for the Bengals.

When people criticize Marvin they always point to the playoff losses... all true, well and good.

But I have been hammering games like this.  Games during the regular season that he should have won and pissed away.  Yeah, Nugent but, my God, Washington had 15 freakin' penalties and we got away with a huge one when Ilacka practically beheaded some guy going into the end zone.  Marvball at its finest.  Piss poor clock management twice in the same game... at the end of the half and in overtime.  He knows better than we do (I hope) that his kicker's best days are behind him and now its into his head, too.  Rather than a long field goal and giving up the ball on the 40, punt and pin them back.  Playing not to lose and protect the lead.  He simply does not get it.  Sure, Nuge is the most obvious goat but he is also a great scapegoat for Marvtard's complete lack of grasp of the game.  If he just wants to stand around and watch, I will trade him my seat for his spot on the sideline.  But the main point is, nothing has changed since he got here.  Nothing.

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

When people criticize Marvin they always point to the playoff losses... all true, well and good.

But I have been hammering games like this.  Games during the regular season that he should have won and pissed away.  Yeah, Nugent but, my God, Washington had 15 freakin' penalties and we got away with a huge one when Ilacka practically beheaded some guy going into the end zone.  Marvball at its finest.  Piss poor clock management twice in the same game... at the end of the half and in overtime.  He knows better than we do (I hope) that his kicker's best days are behind him and now its into his head, too.  Rather than a long field goal and giving up the ball on the 40, punt and pin them back.  Playing not to lose and protect the lead.  He simply does not get it.  Sure, Nuge is the most obvious goat but he is also a great scapegoat for Marvtard's complete lack of grasp of the game.  If he just wants to stand around and watch, I will trade him my seat for his spot on the sideline.  But the main point is, nothing has changed since he got here.  Nothing.

I pretty much agree with all of this.

12 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Alll Andys fault...

Just ask go and catfish

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

2 hours ago, MrDingleDangle said:

NFL Ties 2003-2016

2008 Bengals-Eagles 13-13

2012 49ers-Rams 24-24

2013 Packers-Vikings 26-26

2014 Bengals-Panthers 37-37

2016 Cardinals-Seahawks 6-6

2016 Bengals-Redskins-27-27

Damn you Dalton for the tie in the Packers - Vikings game!  Cost me $50!  Now I'm going to trash his lawn!

Marvin gets rightful props for pulling this team out of the pitiful 90's, bringing some respect to the franchise and getting that bald little tightwad to spend some money like a proper NFL team. The reality though is that street credit ran out years ago. He would not be employed at this point in this situation by any other team in the league. His issues are many and impactful. He cannot control players personalities (see Thurman, Henry, Jones, Johnson, Burfict, etc.), cannot game or clock manage, makes little to no (or incorrect) halftime adjustments, has zero in-game guts and has a blind loyalty to players and coaches who don't deserve it. The team has had some winning seasons in spite of him, not because of him. The reality is that he was fortunate enough to have some solid coordinators and above average players that mustered some victories and good times for us as fans but the cold harsh reality of his ineptitude is starting to set in. I'd love to see him go but, this kid is here as long as he wants to be.

It sickens me to hear knowledgeable NFL people speak highly of him. Almost like he deserves credit for getting us to the playoffs. Fuck the playoffs! I want to win playoff games, beat the Stealers consistently, and win a fucking title. He's worse than John Cooper was with the Buckeyes. Couldn't beat Michigan or win the big one. Shitcanned his ass and now look! Hit the bricks Marv. Your damage is done here. 

7 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Marvin gets rightful props for pulling this team out of the pitiful 90's, bringing some respect to the franchise and getting that bald little tightwad to spend some money like a proper NFL team. The reality though is that street credit ran out years ago. He would not be employed at this point in this situation by any other team in the league. His issues are many and impactful. He cannot control players personalities (see Thurman, Henry, Jones, Johnson, Burfict, etc.), cannot game or clock manage, makes little to no (or incorrect) halftime adjustments, has zero in-game guts and has a blind loyalty to players and coaches who don't deserve it. The team has had some winning seasons in spite of him, not because of him. The reality is that he was fortunate enough to have some solid coordinators and above average players that mustered some victories and good times for us as fans but the cold harsh reality of his ineptitude is starting to set in. I'd love to see him go but, this kid is here as long as he wants to be.

I agree with everything in your post.  I began to strongly suspect he was a problem around 2010-2011. I would notice he just wouldn't make moves that even a novice football mind knew to do. Even today with 13 seconds left in regulation at midfield, HE PUNTS! What exactly is there left to lose by throwing a hail mary to the end zone? How is that any different than a punt with 13 seconds left, except there's at least a remote chance of winning the game with a catch? Won't even take a chance when there's absolutely nothing to lose. By the playoff loss to the Chargers in 2013 I was convinced. Everything I suspected, and that you clearly enunciated in your post, was being confirmed time after miserable time. Everytime I brought this stuff up on Bengal social media, which was basically the only thing I could talk about, I was instantly accused of wanting to go back to the 90's or blaming Marvin even though he didn't make that fumble, drop that pass, miss that kick, etc., etc., etc. Last year someone said I wanted him to fail so I could be right about him. Wrong. I was never so elated as when Green caught that pass against Pittsburgh in the wild card game last year. And I've never had my heart ripped out so badly as when against all odds they still found a way to lose. After Burfict's pick did Marvin calculate the possibilities in his head and coach? A first down wins the game, but you know what? Even a fourth down is a very likely field goal, and you know what else? Even a missed field goal gives Pittsburgh crummy field position and they'll be out of time outs. A turnover is just about the only way to lose! Yeah you want the first down, but with your back getting what he can behind a protect mode blocking scheme.  Sorry to barf this out all at once, but it's just too exhausting to keep posting on the same subject for 5 years, and it's been building up again. 

God, I hate Marvin Lewis. I hate him so much. For fuckssake, do I hate him.

He coaches a stupid team that does stupid things. And when they do stupid things, he just stands there, puzzled, as if the stupidity just happens. 

Fucking do something, you fucking loser coach.

I hate him.

14 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Pretty much this.

I will give him credit for hiring some good coordinators....in the past.  The promotion from within system has hit a dead end.  Guether is a failure.  He must go.  Hard to judge Zampezee with that garbage line.  I think Katie might be convinced to kick Lewis upstairs, but the Bengals won't have a GM while Mikey Boy is alive.  I'm all in favor of replacing Lewis, but with whom?  Easy to go from the pan to the fire.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

It appears Mike Zimmer did learn something from Marvin Lewis.  How (not) to prepare a team after the bye week.  

Right.

Vikings overrated, bottom 3 QB in Bradford.  I feel them wanting a vet but man their some good young QBs out there just sitting. That Petty guy from Baylor is just wasting away on the Jets practice squad, that boy from WKU Brandon Doughty is just sitting on the Fish's practice squad just waiting for a team with a little sense to swoop him up.

Archived