1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

:0stfu:

Their not wasting their time on this thread for they have zero memory from the last six years of watching Dalton fuck up almsot every big opportunity this team gets especially those on national broadcast.

Their not embarrassed as fuck like me when their the only Bengal fan sitting in a packed bar and our dumb ass QB makes a embarrassing mistake.....like the pick and broken finger against Pitt the safety against the dolphins and on and on and on throughout six years

I don't think anyone was referring to just this one thread...this forum has been a shell of itself for a long time.

Embarrassed as fuck at a bar?  Really?  I'd be more embarrassed if Big Ben was my QB, but for totally different reasons, and we obviously see things differently in many areas.  Maybe hang out at better bars if that's where you insist on watching the games?  Maybe find one that has Bengals fans...real ones.  Maybe not care what other people at bars think to begin with, since they've probably been drinking?  Maybe realize that no QB is perfect?  Maybe realize that the Bengals are 1-0-1 in national broadcast games THIS season.  Maybe realize it's "they're"?

Don't get me wrong, I wish Dalton was better, in fact I really wish he was perfect and capable of winning games single-handed.  I also wish he could rush the opponents QB, and block for himself, and tackle, and cover the TE or the RB outta the backfield, etc. 

He's not the reason for our disappointing season so far though.  He's not the reason we "settled" for a tie yesterday, although he admittedly had more mistakes/misfires than his normal self post-2014.

On 10/31/2016 at 0:54 AM, Big Alice said:

Every once in a while I see a post asking "Why's everyone left?"

This thread is why.

Anyone that has watched more than 30 seconds of Bengals football this year should know that the offensive line is ATROCIOUS. They should also know that the entire defense is ATROCIOUS.

I honestly have NO IDEA how that translates to "Andy Dalton sucks".

Karlos Dansby has been a horrible pick up. He's exploited in pass coverage CONSTANTLY.

Vontaze Burfict missed the first three weeks. I'm willing to bet that in the five games he has played, he's missed more tackles than the whole rest of his career combined.

Since everyone in the secondary has pretty much been equally awful, I'm just going to assume it's Kevin Coyle that has ruined the secondary. He should be fired during the bye week.

If there's a worse starting center in the NFL than Russell Bodine, I haven't seen him.

Cedric Ogbuehi has a long way to go. I'm not ready to say that he's a wasted pick, but he certainly has no business in there right now.

I could go on and on... Shawn Williams. Michael Johnson. Adam Jones. Dre Friggin' Kirkpatrick. A year ago, George Iloka was - quite possibly - the best cover safety in football. What the hell has happened?

And the loudest screams from this board are "Dalton Sucks!"

Smdh

I'll go back to lurking now.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

This is such a good post, thanks for saying it, Alice. 

The number of people on the board is fine, the idea this board is a "shell of itself" is nonsense.

This thread however is quite possibly the dumbest thread of the season.

Dalton didn't have his best game Sunday, but he is not the QB he was at the start of his career (and a few years into it) with regard to Regular Season games.

We have a lot more issues then Dalton.

On 10/30/2016 at 9:58 PM, BronxBengal said:

I love reading these thoughtless threads bitching about Dalton. There's s team northeast of Cincinnati would take Dalton in a heart beat. Quick bitching the problems are not Dalton

Yes, in the playoffs and prime time games, it is. Don't get me wrong, I wish it wasn't. Sundays game was huge for this group and he really let us down in the most crucial moments. 

Every once in a while I see a post asking "Why's everyone left?"

This thread is why.

Anyone that has watched more than 30 seconds of Bengals football this year should know that the offensive line is ATROCIOUS. They should also know that the entire defense is ATROCIOUS.

I honestly have NO IDEA how that translates to "Andy Dalton sucks".

Karlos Dansby has been a horrible pick up. He's exploited in pass coverage CONSTANTLY.

Vontaze Burfict missed the first three weeks. I'm willing to bet that in the five games he has played, he's missed more tackles than the whole rest of his career combined.

Since everyone in the secondary has pretty much been equally awful, I'm just going to assume it's Kevin Coyle that has ruined the secondary. He should be fired during the bye week.

If there's a worse starting center in the NFL than Russell Bodine, I haven't seen him.

Cedric Ogbuehi has a long way to go. I'm not ready to say that he's a wasted pick, but he certainly has no business in there right now.

I could go on and on... Shawn Williams. Michael Johnson. Adam Jones. Dre Friggin' Kirkpatrick. A year ago, George Iloka was - quite possibly - the best cover safety in football. What the hell has happened?

And the loudest screams from this board are "Dalton Sucks!"

Smdh

I'll go back to lurking now.

Iloka reason is easy. He got paid$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/30/2016 at 2:40 PM, Catfish Bob said:

Don't come to me with a bunch of stats because stats do not win ball games.

I love the disclaimer at the top... Don't bother me with facts!

Yep, you're right. Dalton shouldn't have missed those two kicks. He should have done a better job of covering the TE. He needs better gap responsibility when defending the run. He shouldn't have gotten 15 yards for grabbing the RB's leg. He needs to do a better job of pass blocking so he has a clean pocket to work from. What was he thinking calling cover 2 all day with Rey Maualuga in the middle? Why in the hell did he sign Dansby? Why did he decide to play the game in London? Why did he fumble away our chance at a playoff win last year?

I am so tired of this guy who has done nothing but get us to the playoffs ever since we signed him.  Why can't he just win games like all of the other great QB's that came before him? Like Carson Palmer or Jon Kitna? If he was a great QB like Peyton Manning or Dan Marino, he would have won a Super Bowl in his first 6 years, amirite?

Wow. Thanks CatfishBob. I never realized how the Bengals problems are all Andy Dalton's fault until this insightful post. Mind. Blown.

30 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

Yes, in the playoffs and prime time games, it is. Don't get me wrong, I wish it wasn't. Sundays game was huge for this group and he really let us down in the most crucial moments. 

Yes, how dare he let the Redskins score in the 4th quarter! Dammit Dalton!

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

The number of people on the board is fine, the idea this board is a "shell of itself" is nonsense.

It must just be the "old man" in me then...you know, "I remember a time..." stuff.

When this place was a "one stop shopping" for ALL things Bengals...all pertinent articles were posted here, I literally didn't need to go anywhere else to get all the Bengals information I could absorb.  Nobody even bothers to post injury reports or who's active on game days anymore.  New thread topics per day used to spill over into a second page, whereas now the first page has stuff that's a week old.  Discussion topics got intense, and not because of trolls or off-the-wall crap...it was really interesting and informative differences of opinions between Bengals fans.

Okay, I'll get off my old man Simpson soapbox now.

I love the disclaimer at the top... Don't bother me with facts!

Yep, you're right. Dalton shouldn't have missed those two kicks. He should have done a better job of covering the TE. He needs better gap responsibility when defending the run. He shouldn't have gotten 15 yards for grabbing the RB's leg. He needs to do a better job of pass blocking so he has a clean pocket to work from. What was he thinking calling cover 2 all day with Rey Maualuga in the middle? Why in the hell did he sign Dansby? Why did he decide to play the game in London? Why did he fumble away our chance at a playoff win last year?

I am so tired of this guy who has done nothing but get us to the playoffs ever since we signed him.  Why can't he just win games like all of the other great QB's that came before him? Like Carson Palmer or Jon Kitna? If he was a great QB like Peyton Manning or Dan Marino, he would have won a Super Bowl in his first 6 years, amirite?

Wow. Thanks CatfishBob. I never realized how the Bengals problems are all Andy Dalton's fault until this insightful post. Mind. Blown.

If he takes the sack instead of that ridiculous toss to Eifert which got picked, We get 3....well....maybe 3...36 yards is at the edge of Nugent's accuracy range.

2 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

When this place was a "one stop shopping" for ALL things Bengals...all pertinent articles were posted here

Old did a great job of posting articles for a very long time  - Things change and he is a much busier man.  

Arkansas picked up things for awhile, but if I remember correctly he got crap for some of the articles he posted and didn't want to put up with shit.

It would be nice to fill the article void, but it is a huge time commitment.

Once again, Carson Palmer can go fuck himself.  He ruined fandom for Bengals fans.  It wasn't because he is the best ever.   It wasn't because he won multiple Superbowls and MVP's.  It's because while he was a Bengal, Bengal's fans could say they had a "top 5 QB".  It wasn't because of stats or performance, it was because the national media agreed he was.  That's all that matters to some fans.  Dalton will always be a failure even if he puts up numbers Palmer wishes he did, because the talking dickheads at ESPN say so.

Arguments involving stats or film are quickly dismissed as defending because no matter how right you are, until some piss towel waiving douche can hear ESPN say Dalton is elite, clearly he's not.  It's like an entire fan base of uncle Rico's longing for the old days even though those old days weren't as good as they remember.

So fuck you Carson Palmer you quitter fuck.

53 minutes ago, F.Cleveland said:

Once again, Carson Palmer can go fuck himself.  He ruined fandom for Bengals fans.  It wasn't because he is the best ever.   It wasn't because he won multiple Superbowls and MVP's.  It's because while he was a Bengal, Bengal's fans could say they had a "top 5 QB".  It wasn't because of stats or performance, it was because the national media agreed he was.  That's all that matters to some fans.  Dalton will always be a failure even if he puts up numbers Palmer wishes he did, because the talking dickheads at ESPN say so.

Arguments involving stats or film are quickly dismissed as defending because no matter how right you are, until some piss towel waiving douche can hear ESPN say Dalton is elite, clearly he's not.  It's like an entire fan base of uncle Rico's longing for the old days even though those old days weren't as good as they remember.

So fuck you Carson Palmer you quitter fuck.

All Dalton has to do is win more playoff games than Carson or get to a higher level in the playoffs, right now he's 1 game behind with Carson having played in the NFCC. If Andy wins more than 1 playoff game or wins the AFCC and Carson doesn't do another thing post season, Andy wins.

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

All Dalton has to do is win more playoff games than Carson or get to a higher level in the playoffs, right now he's 1 game behind with Carson having played in the NFCC. If Andy wins more than 1 playoff game or wins the AFCC and Carson doesn't do another thing post season, Andy wins.

And let's not forget that CP has put up playoff games every bit as shitacular as AD.  How many INT's did he throw in the NFC Championship? MFer has no heart.

21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

And let's not forget that CP has put up playoff games every bit as shitacular as AD.  How many INT's did he throw in the NFC Championship? MFer has no heart.

No doubt, he played like hot garbage in the NFCC, hopefully Andy can make it to the AFCC and do better.

23 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

If he takes the sack instead of that ridiculous toss to Eifert which got picked, We get 3....well....maybe 3...36 yards is at the edge of Nugent's accuracy range.

This just in: Andy Dalton not perfect. Fans rebel. More at 11:00.

23 hours ago, Champ Kind said:

Okay, so let me get this straight... u think he played well in the 4th qtr and in OT? And in a way, he did let them score off of his bonehead INT. 

We have more on that story Chip - Andy Dalton is the absolute only reason the Bengals win or lose. This is fascinating stuff here Chip. Back to you.

We have more on that story Chip - Andy Dalton is the absolute only reason the Bengals win or lose. This is fascinating stuff here Chip. Back to you.

Chipster , hmmm? AJ Mc Carron won that last playoff game, because he didn't choke under pressure. Hill stole AJ's glory. I seem to remember Dalton fumbling with no contact but the turf in one of his playoff appearances . It's not his fault just like it's not Nugents fault. Their minds play tricks on them in big moments. It's in their DNA and can't be coached out

2 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Chipster , hmmm? AJ Mc Carron won that last playoff game, because he didn't choke under pressure. Hill stole AJ's glory. I seem to remember Dalton fumbling with no contact but the turf in one of his playoff appearances . It's not his fault just like it's not Nugents fault. Their minds play tricks on them in big moments. It's in their DNA and can't be coached outemoji41.png

But the same standard isn't applied to all 22. No one is blaming Eifert for sitting down in the zone instead of continuing his route. No one is throwing shade at Ced for letting the DE be up in his face, or Whit from allowing the same on the other side. No one is blaming the defense for letting them tie the score in the first place. No one is blaming Geno for not getting a sack to knock them out of field goal range.

No player is ever going to play a perfect game and they're certainly not going to play 16 of them.

The Dalton hate wagon has this position that if he hasn't got an 80% completion percentage throwing nothing but long balls to AJ Green he's washed up and we should go out and get one of the million players better than him supposedly out there. You all agree that the rest of the team played terrible, but it's all Dalton's fault for failing to turn in a superheroic performance. He wasn't flawless. That rat bastard.

If the rest of team had turned in this same flawless performance you expect, did he do enough to win us the game? Yet for some reason Andy Dalton is the giant cartoon monster that crushes all of your hopes and dreams. You want to trade from for Colin Kaepernick, or who ever else is hot at the time. Let it go. It's all right. You don't have to love, just let go of the hate.

But the same standard isn't applied to all 22. No one is blaming Eifert for sitting down in the zone instead of continuing his route. No one is throwing shade at Ced for letting the DE be up in his face, or Whit from allowing the same on the other side. No one is blaming the defense for letting them tie the score in the first place. No one is blaming Geno for not getting a sack to knock them out of field goal range.

No player is ever going to play a perfect game and they're certainly not going to play 16 of them.

The Dalton hate wagon has this position that if he hasn't got an 80% completion percentage throwing nothing but long balls to AJ Green he's washed up and we should go out and get one of the million players better than him supposedly out there. You all agree that the rest of the team played terrible, but it's all Dalton's fault for failing to turn in a superheroic performance. He wasn't flawless. That rat bastard.

If the rest of team had turned in this same flawless performance you expect, did he do enough to win us the game? Yet for some reason Andy Dalton is the giant cartoon monster that crushes all of your hopes and dreams. You want to trade from for Colin Kaepernick, or who ever else is hot at the time. Let it go. It's all right. You don't have to love, just let go of the hate.

Hate? I never once said hate. I said him and Nugent were talentless and it's not their fault . That's not a hate statement. It's a known fact. I have always said Dalton was a backup that lucked out and got a starting job.

Archived