Congratulations President Trump

Jason

56 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Didn't matter who won, this country is fucked. Fuck ALL politicians and their bullshit promises

Those who are going to lose their health insurance, be denied health insurance due to pre-existing conditions, and have their insurance cancelled when they fall ill would beg to differ. I've spent most of the last 20 years in healthcare, and my lovely bride is a technical healthcare consultant for one of the largest consulting firms on earth. Shit is going to get ugly, and it is going to affect people you know and love, and it's going to affect you as well. 

And sure, there are some fundamental issues that that neo-liberal corporate shill never would have addressed, but she wouldn't have set the whole fucking thing on fire. Sometimes you need to be pragmatic and take the status quo to give you time to fix things from the bottom up, which is how it needs to be fixed. Now we get to experience wholesale collapse instead. Thought 2008 was bad? Just you wait... 

**ETA**

And just to be clear, that response wasn't directed at you USN, but at the mindset in bold in general. It's that very mindset that millions of people used as an excuse to not bother casting a vote, which is how we ended up in this mess... 

2 hours ago, Elflocko said:

Those who are going to lose their health insurance, be denied health insurance due to pre-existing conditions, and have their insurance cancelled when they fall ill would beg to differ. I've spent most of the last 20 years in healthcare, and my lovely bride is a technical healthcare consultant for one of the largest consulting firms on earth. Shit is going to get ugly, and it is going to affect people you know and love, and it's going to affect you as well. 

And sure, there are some fundamental issues that that neo-liberal corporate shill never would have addressed, but she wouldn't have set the whole fucking thing on fire. Sometimes you need to be pragmatic and take the status quo to give you time to fix things from the bottom up, which is how it needs to be fixed. Now we get to experience wholesale collapse instead. Thought 2008 was bad? Just you wait... 

**ETA**

And just to be clear, that response wasn't directed at you USN, but at the mindset in bold in general. It's that very mindset that millions of people used as an excuse to not bother casting a vote, which is how we ended up in this mess... 

I took it that way Elflocko... and I agree. I have a son who lost his healthcare insurance thanks to ACA, and 5 friends who also lost their businesses thanks to ACA. On the flip side I also have family who were able to finally get insurance due to ACA.

While I abhorred both the lying murderous bitch and the ever self inflating Stay Puft Cheetoh, I do not condemn before I see the action they take. We can presume that Hildabeast wouldn't have tore the ACA apart... but that is all it will ever be, an assumption. These assumptions do nothing that will help anyone, only inflame the already ill informed masses who hate Dump because the biased media and interwebs told them too.

Dump has said he will not get rid of the ACA until he has something in place... and we shall see. I have no idea what this loose cannon will do, but we will find out if that is a bad or good thing shortly.

Either way... I think the worse thing that is affecting everyone is that Dump isn't predictable in any way at all... and we've not had that as a president. 

Like I said in my earlier post... didn't matter who was elected, because the same thing is going to happen regardless... the rich will get richer off the backs of the poor like they always have. They will do their best to throw us scraps so that we stay comfortable in our misery, just comfortable enough to not revolt.

3 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

I took it that way Elflocko... and I agree. I have a son who lost his healthcare insurance thanks to ACA, and 5 friends who also lost their businesses thanks to ACA. On the flip side I also have family who were able to finally get insurance due to ACA.

While I abhorred both the lying murderous bitch and the ever self inflating Stay Puft Cheetoh, I do not condemn before I see the action they take. We can presume that Hildabeast wouldn't have tore the ACA apart... but that is all it will ever be, an assumption. These assumptions do nothing that will help anyone, only inflame the already ill informed masses who hate Dump because the biased media and interwebs told them too.

Dump has said he will not get rid of the ACA until he has something in place... and we shall see. I have no idea what this loose cannon will do, but we will find out if that is a bad or good thing shortly.

Either way... I think the worse thing that is affecting everyone is that Dump isn't predictable in any way at all... and we've not had that as a president. 

Like I said in my earlier post... didn't matter who was elected, because the same thing is going to happen regardless... the rich will get richer off the backs of the poor like they always have. They will do their best to throw us scraps so that we stay comfortable in our misery, just comfortable enough to not revolt.

Well, not in recent memory at least. Andrew Jackson fit that description; at least he didn't have nukes. Mighty glad they put in protections for those after 1962...

The other website to noticeably just disappear once Trump took office was a link to the Department of Labor’s report on Advancing LGBT Workplace Rights.

2017-01-20-13_54_49-program-manager

http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/01/20/two-important-websites-disappeared-the-moment-donald-trump-took-office-screenshots/

Redesigned White House website plugs Melania Trump’s QVC jewelry line

The newly redesigned WhiteHouse.gov website may omit any mention of climate change, civil rights or LGBTQ equality, but it does throw in a plug for First Lady Melania Trump’s line of jewelry for QVC.

According to Fast Company, the First Lady’s homepage touts her modeling career, her “penchant and passion for the arts, architecture, design, fashion and beauty” and her jewelry collection for the QVC — “Quality, Value and Convenience” — home shopping network.

“Melania is also a successful entrepreneur,” reads her bio. “In April 2010, Melania Trump launched her own jewelry collection, ‘Melania™ Timepieces & Jewelry,’ on QVC.”

In a 2012 appearance on the QVC network, Mrs. Trump said, “It’s my passion for beauty and fashion to design something for women across the country that they could have fun with — something that they could afford that you could easily buy on QVC –and really special pieces that you could wear from morning until night.”

Watch video about this story, embedded below:

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/redesigned-white-house-website-plugs-melania-trumps-qvc-jewelry-line/

3 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

These assumptions do nothing that will help anyone, only inflame the already ill informed masses who hate Dump because the biased media and interwebs told them too.

While you seem to have a realistic view of all this in general, don't you think it's possible that those masses don't like Trump because of the things he's said and done, or what he represents? While I'd agree we've reduced things to some bullshit red vs blue team sport, it seems awfully convenient to dismiss his opposition as ill-informed rabble.  I mean, he's kind of a piece of shit all on his own. There are plenty of valid reasons not to like him.

Andrew Jackson, indeed, ElFlocko! A friend of mine who is part of a small email group made the same observation not too long ago. Which prompted a reply from another friend, saying, "And now we all get to walk the Trail of Tears."

What'll that look like? Our (mostly) economics email group has been chatting about Sears off an on for the past few years. Along the lines of, "When does this ship finally sink?" We were all abuzz not too long ago when Sears sold off Craftsman; our consensus was more looting via selling off the strongest assets prior to eventually filing some version of bankruptcy.

Now, I read this today which not only offers more insight to the ongoing Sears saga, but also illuminates just how this looting takes place. I'd suggest reading the comments, too, which run the gamut. To say that politics is an insider's game is not new. To see the mechanisms by which it happens is, on the other hand, useful. Two points that I take from this exchange between Menendez and Mnunchin:

--specific details of how the game is played. In brief: loot a company, sell off the assets (in this case kind of incestuously) and then leave the remains for the taxpayer to foot the tab.

--We are in an environment which has been developing/worsening over recent decades, but which has hit another inflection point now with the institutionalization of corruption as an acceptable business procedure, only now, it's really out in the open for all to see.

What happens next is to be determined. Do we roll over even more? Do we just say, fuck it, there's nothing I can do about it? Do we fight it? Probably a mixture of all three. Call it kleptocracy, call it proto-fascism, call it business as usual?

For myself, I can't help thinking that a very important moment is upon us (if you can consider the next few years as a moment.) And, also for myself, I'd like to do what little I can to gum up this accelerated looting operation which pollutes D.C., NYC, and elsewhere (including Silicon Valley.)

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

While you seem to have a realistic view of all this in general, don't you think it's possible that those masses don't like Trump because of the things he's said and done, or what he represents? While I'd agree we've reduced things to some bullshit red vs blue team sport, it seems awfully convenient to dismiss his opposition as ill-informed rabble.  I mean, he's kind of a piece of shit all on his own. There are plenty of valid reasons not to like him.

So much this.

We can disagree about policy but this man is different. This is not normal and we should not attempt to normalize it.

4 hours ago, Ben said:

This is surreal.  

He just said on live TV at one of his Inaugural balls, "My enemies want me to get off twitter."

Sixty-four percent of voters said Trump should delete his account in a new poll conducted by Quinnipiac University.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/313559-poll-majority-of-voters-want-trump-to-delete-twitter-account

But "if Putin likes Trump that's an asset, not a liability."

How am I going to handle 4 years of this asshole?

I need a drink...  and a smoke...

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

He just said on live TV at one of his Inaugural balls, "My enemies want me to get off twitter."

Sixty-four percent of voters said Trump should delete his account in a new poll conducted by Quinnipiac University.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/313559-poll-majority-of-voters-want-trump-to-delete-twitter-account

But "if Putin likes Trump that's an asset, not a liability."

How am I going to handle 4 years of this asshole?

I need a drink...  and a smoke...

I feel like there was a time where we disagreed with eachother. I can't even imagine that time now. 

Archived