Let's talk about the 2017 Draft

akiliMVP

Demarcus Walker from FSU is on my radar now.

I was looking forward to "scouting" Peppers.  Maybe I will rewatch the scUM at tOSU game.

Barnett showed a great motor, but he does a lot of snap anticipation and didn't get the sack until the end of the game.  I'm not convinced he's a value where we will be picking, and probably won't make it to our 2.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Demarcus Walker from FSU is on my radar now

For sure, kid is a beast!

DL is absolutely loaded this year and the top 15 is gonna be choc full of 'em, IMO...almost hard to imagine the Bengals not coming away with one in all honesty...especially with it being a down year at LT.

Walker was in the backfield consistently when I was watching last night. Was disappointed Jabrill wasn't playing last night. I think he is going to end up being a tweener and dropping to a very lucky team who plugs him in at safety and gets a Troy P. kind of player.

I'm really hoping there is a run on quarterbacks and John Allen falls to #7. Think there is going to be a lot of talk about the lack of explosion like the talk that was surrounding Bosa last year but in the end, he just makes things happen. I'll probably cry when he gets picked third.

On 12/31/2016 at 4:11 AM, JC said:

I think he is going to end up being a tweener and dropping to a very lucky team who plugs him in at safety and gets a Troy P. kind of player.

I love Peppers with the ball in his hands but he's very blah as a defensive player IMO....it'll be interesting to watch his development but I don't think he'll ever be a Troy P type of playmaker (who is though, in fairness) ...I just don't see those kind of instincts as a defender.

I as well think Reuben Foster would make for a great linebacker core.    He stayed on the field for all 3 downs although I would say coverage didn't appear to be what he is best suited for.    He was a beast at the line of scrimmage and on blitzes.  

I would love the to get Curtis Samuel from OSU in the 2nd.   Would be a great compliment to AJ.

We can then concentrate on DL and OL in rounds 3 - 6 with a kicker mixed in.

I as well think Reuben Foster would make for a great linebacker core.    He stayed on the field for all 3 downs although I would say coverage didn't appear to be what he is best suited for.    He was a beast at the line of scrimmage and on blitzes.  
I would love the to get Curtis Samuel from OSU in the 2nd.   Would be a great compliment to AJ.
We can then concentrate on DL and OL in rounds 3 - 6 with a kicker mixed in.

I would rather have Mike Williams the heir apparent to aj as aj will be 34 when Williams rookie deal would be done. Then a guy like demarcus Walker or Raekwon McMillan in round 2 would be a great 2 rounds. Also a running back like mixon in the 5th would be great.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Snarkster 2.0 (No McWebb Trade/Guessing @ Comps)

01 (SLB) Rueben Foster (6-1/245) AlaBama
02 (DE) Tanoh Kpassagnon (6-7/290) Villinova
3A (WR) Tay Jones (6-1/200) East Carolina
3B (RB) Joe Mixon (6-1/225) Oklahoma (Comp)
3C (CB) Ezra Robinson (6-1/180) Tennessee St. (Comp)
04 (OC) Jon Toth (6-5/310) Kentucky
5A (OT) Julie'n Davenport (6-7/315) Bucknell
5B (DT) Vince Taylor (6-3/310) Oklahoma St. (Comp)
6A (FS) Demetrious Cox (6-1/200) Michigan St.   
6B (WLB) Jaylen Reeves-Maybin (6-0/225) Tennessee (Comp)
07 (PK) Zane Gonzalez (6-1/190) Arizona St. 

Archived