Personnel, Dennard, TJ Johnson, Fisher

So why aren't Johnson or Fisher playing at this point?

How about Dennard? I am really confused and it could be that I am just not observant but has Shaw been playing over Dennard all year? Is that just admitting that was a wasted pick? We need to stop taking these "steals" that fall. There is a reason it seems that they are falling. 

"I don't think the Bengals expected him to be available. Dennard is the best press cornerback in this draft. He fits what defensive coordinator Paul Guenther wants to do. He is one of best pure football players in this draft." -- Mike Mayock

"Fisher is probably the most accomplished zone tackle in this draft. He fits the zone scheme of the Cincinnati Bengals. Offensive line coach Paul Alexander is really going to like him. He finishes plays; playing through the whistle." -- Mike Mayock

I refuse to even bother looking up a quote about Johnson. he was a handful of picks away from being Mr. Irrelevant. I don't wander why the 251st pick in the draft doesn't work out.

What's crazy is that Dennard and Fisher were the "safe" picks, and guys that could "Start Day 1". Fisher held his own last year.... 

What I don't get is that Oggie's backup is Eric Winston.... A guy who was on his couch this time last year. Can Paul Alexander not get these guys NFL ready, or can he not figure out who can play? Because Ced and Jethro suck donkey balls.

35 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

"I don't think the Bengals expected him to be available. Dennard is the best press cornerback in this draft. He fits what defensive coordinator Paul Guenther wants to do. He is one of best pure football players in this draft." -- Mike Mayock

"Fisher is probably the most accomplished zone tackle in this draft. He fits the zone scheme of the Cincinnati Bengals. Offensive line coach Paul Alexander is really going to like him. He finishes plays; playing through the whistle." -- Mike Mayock

I refuse to even bother looking up a quote about Johnson. he was a handful of picks away from being Mr. Irrelevant. I don't wander why the 251st pick in the draft doesn't work out.

What's crazy is that Dennard and Fisher were the "safe" picks, and guys that could "Start Day 1". Fisher held his own last year.... 

What I don't get is that Oggie's backup is Eric Winston.... A guy who was on his couch this time last year. Can Paul Alexander not get these guys NFL ready, or can he not figure out who can play? Because Ced and Jethro suck donkey balls.

it's plane as day these guy don't fit into coryell offensive scheme that zampese is trying to run Dalton as been getting killed all year and oline has getting destroyed.

9 hours ago, bigboi said:

it's plane as day these guy don't fit into coryell offensive scheme that zampese is trying to run Dalton as been getting killed all year and oline has getting destroyed.

Part of my does wonder if Zampese is all excited to incorporate his plays that he forgot to realize he might not have the players that can execute his plays!!!!!!

Archived