Peerman over WJ III

Fuck this decision.  These fucking idiots are so short sighted.  You certainly wouldn't want to get yet another first round corner any actual practice or game time to see how much you can count on him next year.  No... I'd bring back the goddamn 4th string RB that is a special teams stud, b/c you aren't mathematically eliminated from the playoffs yet.

Assholes.

11 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

It makes sense, with Bernard on the IR they only have 2 RBs on the roster, it's a no brainier actually.

There are plenty of moves this team has done that is questionable at best, but this not one of them.

So pick some RB up to take Gio's spot going to the IR.  It doesn't HAVE to be Peerman as the 3rd RB.  Bring your first round draft pick back and get his feet with this season.  Instead, Peerman is brought back, Pacman will play out his contract, Dre K will be brought back on a cheap FA deal while WJ3 rots on the bench until Year 4 when his option is exercised and we're left wondering what the hell he has to really offer.

I hear all the time that the NFL is a "business".  This organization needs to start acting like it.

28 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

It makes sense, with Bernard on the IR they only have 2 RBs on the roster, it's a no brainier actually.

There are plenty of moves this team has done that is questionable at best, but this not one of them.

I don't see it that way. Peerman is a ST player. He will take Burkhead's role on ST. I don't see that as being very valuable to a team that is 3-6-1. You could sign another back and have him play ST's if need be. Again, teams that are basically out of it should prob be valuing their 1st round picks over ST players. 

12 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

So pick some RB up to take Gio's spot going to the IR.  It doesn't HAVE to be Peerman as the 3rd RB.  Bring your first round draft pick back and get his feet with this season.  Instead, Peerman is brought back, Pacman will play out his contract, Dre K will be brought back on a cheap FA deal while WJ3 rots on the bench until Year 4 when his option is exercised and we're left wondering what the hell he has to really offer.

I hear all the time that the NFL is a "business".  This organization needs to start acting like it.

Name some free agent that knows the Bengals playbook, has been a special teams captain,  and Pro Bowler that is currently available. Actually name one FA running back with better stats than Peerman.

Whomever they add to the roster is going to be a special teams player, so why not add your best special teams player to the roster.

Besides, WJIII would be the 5th CB to play at best so adding him to the roster at this point is meaningless. 

3 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I don't see it that way. Peerman is a ST player. He will take Burkhead's role on ST. I don't see that as being very valuable to a team that is 3-6-1. You could sign another back and have him play ST's if need be. Again, teams that are basically out of it should prob be valuing their 1st round picks over ST players. 

Whatever RB they bring in will play special teams unless another injury occurs, so the question is who do want to play special teams? Do you want your team captain that went to the Pro Bowl last year or do you want some random RB that has never played for the Bengals.

WJ3 would barely play because he's behind 3 other first round picks on the depth chart. He would be primarily playing special teams if he was active, so then it comes down to who do want to play special teams Peerman or WJ3?

If they were going to start WJ3 or have play significant snaps then I would be all for it, but that is not the case he would be behind Jones, Kirkpatrick, Shaw, and Seminars on the depth chart. 

Again, the team is 3-6-1, has shown no life all season and just lost its best player. Right now, you're playing Adam Jones, who is doing his best Tito Paul impression. Kirkpatrick will undoubtedly be hurt 3 more times before the year is out. 

Im just not all that concerned about the team's kick coverage when its so repugnant on offense and defense. Jackson should be given snaps because the vets in front of him have been sub-par. With the season currently in the toilet, I believe it should be a priority to give young players opportunity. 

IF... and a BIG IF... it was 3 weeks ago, I get it.  But this team is fucking done for 2016.  Stick a fucking fork in this season.  If you are so sure you need a running back that knows the system, then bring up the dude from the practice squad.  That is a great idea too b/c maybe you can see that he is capable for next year.

It is idiotic not to get your 1st round draft pick as many snaps as possible so that you can decide whether or not the last 2 1st round draft pics at corner are needed or not.  I like Peerman, but this decision is short sighted and absolutely fucking typical.

The reality is that we also really don't know where WJIII is in terms of his recovery. Maybe he's close but not quite there. We simply don't know.

I understand the people who are scratching their heads at the Bengals slow playing yet another defensive rookie and putting him what seems like further behind. We see it too regularly with this team but, from a straight roster stand point, this makes sense. Peerman is a bonafide ST player who can sub in at RB. I think, as others have mentioned, that it will be Burkhead taking Bernard's role with Peerman mainly focusing on ST (a significant weakness on this team).

With Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Jones, Shaw, Russell and Brown already on the roster the likelihood of Jackson seeing the field is minimal.

Again, I get that it seems like such a pensive approach but it's likely better to get the guy fully healthy and ready for 2017 where he's apt to have a bigger impact instead of joining the quickly sinking dumpster fire that is 2016. 

1 minute ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Again, I get that it seems like such a pensive approach but it's likely better to get the guy fully healthy and ready for 2017 where he's apt to have a bigger impact instead of joining the quickly sinking dumpster fire that is 2016. 

Give him 7 games to figure out what not to do this year so he's not doing it all the time on the field next year. It's a terrible decision IMO. 

1 hour ago, F.Cleveland said:

If you were Marvin and on the "hot seat" would you make the choice of who to bring back based on next year?

Marvin is on no hot seat. Period.

If the rook is healthy, you get him some snaps. The secondary needs help too.

Pick up a FA for RB depth. It wouldn't be hard to match or surpass what Peerman brings. The focus should be on Burkhead anyway to see if he should be kept for next year. Peerman isn't needed that badly on STs.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Agreed.

People are pissed we didn't activate an unproven 5th corner over a 3rd RB?

Good lord.

40 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

Agreed.

People are pissed we didn't activate an unproven 5th corner over a 3rd RB?

Good lord.

Let me ask you a few questions...

1.  Do you see the playoffs being a reality this year?

2. Do you think that this organization has made a decision on whether they should pay #1 CB money to Kirkpatrick?

3. Do you think that this organization has made a decision on whether they should pick up the option on Dennard... and consider counting on him beyond that option year?

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I'd rather activate Jackson to get reps for next year and bring up Carson from the PS.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Is there any indication that WJ3 is healthy enough to come back?

56 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Not seeing it myself.

What gives me the willies thinking about The Third is that he could become the Ogbuhi of the defensive backfield.

I had high hopes for Ogbuhi after his redshirt year on IR and is he ever a disappointment, to say the least.

Prophet or paranoid, can't help but wonder about The Third.

Archived