Rest of season hopes

Blast me all you like and call me "not a real fan", but I'm going to be realistic in my hopes as a fan and look toward the future. Normally I wouldn't have this mindset- but shit has got to change drastically on and off the field.

I HOPE THEY LOSE EVERY GAME

LEFT.

This coaching staff has got to be removed. That won't happen with a dead cat bounce- and we'll be right back here again next year with shitty coaches and shitty execution.

They have got to cut some serious player dead-weight, and that won't happen with the same staff still onboard.

They have got to get some instant impact players in the draft- and that won't happen if they dead cat bounce into a mid round pick slot, and they certainly won't play the rookies or 2nd year guys anyway if it's this staff.

They have got to try to smartly infuse talent via free agency, and that won't happen unless a new, good coach is lured here with the promise that they will allow him to go after some FA pieces. The best teams in the league routinely upgrade via smart FA agency moves, while the Bengals pluck from the garbage heap and pray a change of scenery will work.

Im willing to sacrifice a few miserable Sundays left this year to begin rebuilding for the future years. But they need to maintain this pathetic play and preparation for the rest of the year to ensure future seasons can get back to winning (and then having a coach that can win a goddamn playoff game once).

This season is tanked. Time to finish it off.

Oh, and play the fucking young players from the last couple drafts to see what you have, you fucking idiots. 

Actually this game turned out just how i hoped.  Bengals looked like the old Bengals for the first Q.  But they fought and scratched and stayed in the game until the end only to lose.   A blowout would have been just to much to take.   I'm fine with losing out except for Pittsburgh, spoiling their season would make this season tolerable.

9 minutes ago, Dr Tarzan said:

Actually this game turned out just how i hoped.  Bengals looked like the old Bengals for the first Q.  But they fought and scratched and stayed in the game until the end only to lose.   A blowout would have been just to much to take.   I'm fine with losing out except for Pittsburgh, spoiling their season would make this season tolerable.

Yeah I guess beating the Stealers- especially if it knocked them out of the playoffs- would be the only win I want left

I don't think the roster is in that bad of shape.  I'd say it's at least 75% coaching.  Other than OL & possibly the LB's I think the talent is there.  Stuck behind underperforming vets in some cases, but again that is a coaching decision.  I'd like to see how this group does under someone they believe in and can motivate them. Think it's clear Marvin is no longer that guy.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I don't think the roster is in that bad of shape.  I'd say it's at least 75% coaching.  Other than OL & possibly the LB's I think the talent is there.  Stuck behind underperforming vets in some cases, but again that is a coaching decision.  I'd like to see how this group does under someone they believe in and can motivate them. Think it's clear Marvin is no longer that guy.

Completely agree. Who can we cut or bench now with a look toward next year. Nugent is the obvious one.

5 hours ago, bengals7833 said:

I completely agree with this. Lose out and would love to draft Gabriel peppers.  Start him at safety next to illoka. Then try Williams out at lb like they did with Taylor mays. 

Give me Malik Hooker baby.  Played ball in my hometown and is good friends with a cousin of mine.  Would be great to root for him in the bengal stripes.

39 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Peppers can cover?

Supposedly he can. From what I have seen of him, he is this Swiss Army Knife/Do Everything sort of phenom. While this is impressive at the college level...I just can't see anything more than mega bust, unless he would be second day status. That won't happen.

No rookie is going to come in here and make a difference unless there is a coaching change because the current staff doesn't play rookies.

They need to change the culture of mediocrity that currently presides in the organization, a culture that allows for guys like Ced, Bodine, and Nugent to start even though they should be backups or free agents. 

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

They need to change the culture of mediocrity that currently presides in the organization, a culture that allows for guys like Ced, Bodine, and Nugent to start even though they should be backups or free agents. 

I'll cut Ced some slack on account of being on IR his rookie season & would like to see what a different coach might do for him.  The other two I would've replaced before the season started. 

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'll cut Ced some slack on account of being on IR his rookie season & would like to see what a different coach might do for him.  The other two I would've replaced before the season started. 

He should be a back up or have him change positions, he's not ready to play OT in the NFL and it was obvious before the season started but they still put in a position to fail. I remember going to TC and watching Dunlap bull rush Ced and literally lift him off his feet and put him on his back, that same scenario has unfold several times throughout the season and caused game changing sacks, fumbles, and hurries to the detriment of the offense. If your OT can't handle a simple bull rush then why is he on the field, he's a huge liability and only stubborn pride from an inept coaching staff keeps him in the starting lineup. A coaching staff that wanted to win at all cost would have seen this problem and addressed before naming him the starter based on his draft position and perceived potential.  

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

He should be a back up or have him change positions, he's not ready to play OT in the NFL and it was obvious before the season started but they still put in a position to fail. I remember going to TC and watching Dunlap bull rush Ced and literally lift him off his feet and put him on his back, that same scenario has unfold several times throughout the season and caused game changing sacks, fumbles, and hurries to the detriment of the offense. If your OT can't handle a simple bull rush then why is he on the field, he's a huge liability and only stubborn pride from an inept coaching staff keeps him in the starting lineup. A coaching staff that wanted to win at all cost would have seen this problem and addressed before naming him the starter based on his draft position and perceived potential.  

Think you're right, or mostly right anyway. I don't know what's going on with the roster decisions but it does seem like they are letting other factors get in the way of starting the best 22, either that or they're not so good at making that decision.  Sick of watching them rotate players every other series like they have no idea how draw up sub packages or are unable to see that one dude is totally outplaying the other. 

Archived