The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Ravens Game 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Oh and Ugly, them calling a time out after getting the 1st down to give the Ravens time to look at it.

That was one of the most ridiculously stupid things I have ever seen any professional in any profession do. It completely defies any logic.

32 minutes ago, big_dish said:

That was one of the most ridiculously stupid things I have ever seen any professional in any profession do. It completely defies any logic.

I think that was on Andy not having a play in fast enough, but my God was that bad.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think that was on Andy not having a play in fast enough, but my God was that bad.

You mean Bad Andy Zamkowski, our Offensive Coordinator/QB/Center/Slot corner?  That guy sucks.  He should at least be able to remember the count when he's snapping himself the ball.  If he can't do that it's no wonder he can't communicate the play call to himself from the sideline with some urgency.  I have to say Marvandy Zampuenther has failed to motivate his players.

Hopefully Good AJ Green will return soon so he can go back to passing the ball to himself in leading NFL WR fashion.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You mean Bad Andy Zamkowski, our Offensive Coordinator/QB/Center/Slot corner?  That guy sucks.  He should at least be able to remember the count when he's snapping himself the ball.

Hopefully Good AJ Green will return soon so he can go back to passing the ball to himself in leading NFL WR fashion.

You do realize at this point in his career he does get a certain amount of plays he can make the call himself on right? Like in situations like that where all he would have had to do was run up to the line and spike it.

Just now, Jamie_B said:

You do realize at this point in his career he does get a certain amount of plays he can make the call himself on right? Like in situations like that where all he would have had to do was run up to the line and spike it.

Absolutely, it's ridiculous that we even have an offensive coordinator whose job it is to do that when we have a veteran QB.  I bet teams like the Patriots let their QB call the defense.

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

THE BAD ... go out for a couple hours, log on and find out the game day thread was locked.  What's up with that?  I thought it was more fun and funny than offensive.  With crapola like we say on the field today, ya' gotta laugh at something.

From what I've seen they continue to devolve after a loss until the mods are forced to lock them anyway.  Better to move on before it gets truly stupid.

Kind of like the Bengals 2016 Season amirite

2 hours ago, Sigfox09 said:

Johnson was C on the scoring drive and then they went back to bodine. I thought Johnson played well when given the shot.

I missed that, interesting.  

I'm sure they will now play on alternate drives or quarters or maybe depending on which hash the ball is spotted on, because making decisions is hard.

How to go 3-7 with 7-3 Talent: An Illustrated Primer

9 hours ago, mmaattw said:

I am ready to start over at quarterback.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

WHY?

It's obvious the glaring holes are at Center and RT, we fix those 2 positions and IMO this offense won't be stopped.

Issues is we have to find a competent Center and RT.

1 hour ago, turningpoint said:

WHY?

It's obvious the glaring holes are at Center and RT, we fix those 2 positions and IMO this offense won't be stopped.

Issues is we have to find a competent Center and RT.

I think, or rather moreso hope the RT issue will be fixed with Ced getting stronger in the offseason by putting on some weight. If not we're in real trouble.

And imo it's not just fixing the O-line, we need a 2nd WR that can get deep other than AJ.

Archived