Time to adopt a team.

6 hours ago, Dcombs said:

Dem Boys. They make have a sense of watching winning football again. I thought that feeling was gone forever...

I was raised on them but they've become everything I hate about the NFL.  I have family that's geeked on them though so that's cool.

I don't have another team but the AFC West is fun to watch (other than Marmalard)

I'm sticking with the Bengals. Going down with the ship. Yet again. Fan since 85. Gone down with the ship, ship has been rebuilt, gone down with a few ships. I'll never stop being disgusted about last year though. No one will ever convince me that Marvin Lewis stressed possession to Jeremy Hill or anyone on that offense after the Burfict pick. That game was won. That's all they had to do. Even a fourth down missed field goal doesn't lose that game. Stealers would've had no timeouts left. Only a turnover. I've always got whoever's playing the Stealers as a default second team. Just to play along, the Seahawks are alright. No real bad blood with the jungle cats and they're perennial winners lately. Kinda like the Vikings too.

The problem is that the NFL sucks.  There just aren't many good teams.  Look how many teams are floundering around .500.  The Giants are 8-3 and they are not a good football team.  Other than the Patriots and the Cowboys I have no interest in watching these teams play.  They suck.  Execution is down league wide with a few exceptions IMO.  Throw in all the other BS with cheating, head shots, bad officiating and the Goodell shitshow and you have a bad product. 

I never thought I would like college football better than the NFL, but that day is here.

15 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

The problem is that the NFL sucks.  There just aren't many good teams.  Look how many teams are floundering around .500.  The Giants are 8-3 and they are not a good football team.  Other than the Patriots and the Cowboys I have no interest in watching these teams play.  They suck.  Execution is down league wide with a few exceptions IMO.  Throw in all the other BS with cheating, head shots, bad officiating and the Goodell shitshow and you have a bad product. 

I never thought I would like college football better than the NFL, but that day is here.

You are right. In the quest for parity the NFL has watered down it's product making it hard to watch; between a commercial every two minutes, horrible calls by the part time refs that seemed biased vs. the small market underdogs, and piss poor execution this year has been one of the worst season in recent history.

As a fan of the game I like the idea of Thursday night football but the quality of the games is awful because the players don't have time to recover and practice. The NFL needs to consider changing these games so only teams coming off a bye week will play in them, simplifying the rules(what is a catch, fumble, PI, etc..) and hiring some full time refs that can be held accountable for horrible calls.  

At one of the local Pizza-by-the-slice joints in my neighborhood (yes, I live in Bears Country). Mr. Pizza guy was sporting a brand new Bengals cap this evening. First time I had seen him wearing one in like 9 years. Had to ask. Aren't you a Bears fan? What gives?

Response: I am but I got three of these for $30 bucks and couldn't pass that up.

Bad NFL product abounds.

On 11/27/2016 at 6:46 PM, SF2 said:

With the Bengals sinking into low single digit draft position it is time to resurrect a tradition from the days of old just so I have some reason to watch the rest of the season. 

My team is the Raiders.  They have sucked so long that I feel a kindred spirit for them.  They have an owner who inherited the team and really screwed it up for years (ring a bell?)  Besides, cool unis and they are the polar opposites to the Patriots.

i usually have an AFC and NFC team, Cards are my NFC team, so im fucked there too looks like, by location i adopted the broncos as my backup, but they have the titans, KC, oakland, left and are BARELY clinging to that 6th seed with a hurt qb who sucks anyway and a raw backup rookie. i might be 0/3. the raiders feel dirty to support as its an arch enemy of the broncos, but i like watching the raiders play, love the offense.

i like tampa as well, dont mind the titans either.. so those might be my adopted teams going forward this year..

2 hours ago, Hint of Snow said:

At one of the local Pizza-by-the-slice joints in my neighborhood (yes, I live in Bears Country). Mr. Pizza guy was sporting a brand new Bengals cap this evening. First time I had seen him wearing one in like 9 years. Had to ask. Aren't you a Bears fan? What gives?

Response: I am but I got three of these for $30 bucks and couldn't pass that up.

Bad NFL product abounds.

Nothing new around here...you ought to see all of the cheap Stealer gear in every nook and cranny of stores. It even pushes the non-NFL licensed Cleveland crap to a corner. That is saying something.

Expect to see plenty of Bengals stuff at your local T.J. Maxx come January.  Ugly-ass white-side-panel $29 Dalton and Green costumes for everyone!

As for another team, the Cardinals and Buccs were my favorite NFC teams for decades, mainly because they seemed to always be underdogs, and also because I liked their uniforms.  Then the Buccs did away with the Creamsicles 20 years ago, and they became just another team.  I still hung onto the Cardinals until The Quitter became their quarterback, so now they're among the six or eight teams I want most to see lose.

I can't root for the Raiders because I'm an old bastard that still remembers how dirty they were in the 70s.  So now that the Bengals have returned to their role as bottom feeders, I'll be rooting for the league to collapse.

On 11/29/2016 at 2:51 PM, PatternMaster said:

hiring some full time refs that can be held accountable for horrible calls.  

Consider the possibility that the refs are doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing.  The rules are ambiguous on purpose so they can make game-changing calls as needed.

Either that or your local high school is able to find competent volunteer refs but the multi-million dollar NFL somehow can't hire their own.

Archived