Corey Dillon Says Bengals Need Coaching Change

I agree with every word he said.

The Bengals need a "fresh start".

On offense, the Bengals have ceased being a team that puts pressure on opposing defenses. It starts with the lack of urgency getting the plays in and lining up, and continues to the insistence on employing an anemic rushing system that simply will not work against downhill defenses.

The defense? The Bengals REFUSE to press. The pass rush rarely gets home because in most situations the linemen have too much run responsibility. Add to that an apparent refusal to play press coverage and what you end up with is soft coverage on the back end that cannot deal with slow developing crossing routes that virtually every other defense in the world can stop.

The next coach of the Bengals needs to be more aggressive on both sides of the ball. Giving up the occasional big play sucks. Getting beat 6 or 7 years at a time is demoralizing and it crushes your players.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

We are damned if we do, damned if we don't--knowing us, if--and that is a HUGE IF--Marvin actually gets canned, or 'resigns a la Cowher',  you know the team's gonna be gutted.  New head wants his own player,  his own coaches, his own philosophy and that Takes time from both Dalton, Geno, Dunlap and A.J Green in their prime years before things go south.

The only way it works if the change is gradual,  sure, get a new coach, but understand that the cupboard is not bare.   There is enough talent there, that if you can get the players do what they do best,  the improvement would be immense.    I have to use Stafford as an example and how he's played ever since that Jim Bob Cooter fella became the Lions OC, never mind that MegaTron decided to retire (probably got tired of playing and not really having any shot at the second round of the playoffs, much less a championship game nor a Superbowl).   You may have driven a stick shift car for years and years, and for the most part it's just okay.   But then you actually take some advice and become more advance in handling that stick.   The car runs better as a result.  It may not be immense, but it's noticable.

Second thing,   why are we play so much cover all the time???   If I looked last,  it seems like a lot of our secondary guys are good with press and man to man,   I don't understand why a bunch of cover guys that specialize in physical coverage now have to play all this soft zones,  and it doesn't help that the LBs are garbage in coverage.

Our season's shot anyway,  I just hope that it's not a complete clusterfuck--though I really feel that there is gonna be a dead cat bounce this year...

He is right in his assessment.

Loved Dillion in his heyday.

He was a VIOLENT and ANGRY runner.

Couldn't be stopped when he was on his game

I was at his last game when he threw his pads into the stands.

Chad Johnson gave me tickets.

Archived