Other teams Free Agents for 2017

Any reasonable guys we should be looking at?

Some thoughts from me.

1. Jeremy Kerley-Slot WR who played great for the niners for a bit but doesn't have a firm role. Looked great early but has completely died off. We had him visit this summer if I recall. Played with Dalton in college I think. 

2. Nick Mangold. Jets are tight against the cap. He is a local Ohio guy. Might be a great centerpiece on the line for a few years. He might be terrible already. I don't watch the line enough. But Bodine is terrible. 

3. Connor Barwin. Cincinnati guy who might be very good in a rotation.

4. Ray Ray Armstrong. NickelLB or WLB who was coming on for the niners before he got hurt.

5. Phil Dawson. Aged well and plays for a terrible team. Bring him in to settle the position. 

Schefter reporting that the Saints may look into trading Brandin Cooks this off-season. Probably takes a pretty substantial haul. Not sure he fits what they want at X receiver since they like bigger-bodied speedsters, but they desperately need some speed across from AJ.

3 hours ago, JC said:

Schefter reporting that the Saints may look into trading Brandin Cooks this off-season. Probably takes a pretty substantial haul. Not sure he fits what they want at X receiver since they like bigger-bodied speedsters, but they desperately need some speed across from AJ.

Dont need him any more with the emergence of cody core. 

I think Brandon LaFell will be around for a long time. He'll never be a star, but he's come a long way from his days with the Panthers.

Tyler Boyd is going to be a nice #2. He reminds me of Golden Tate. Ultimately, he may be a better overall player than Marvin Jones. What he doesn't bring to the table, though, is over the top speed.

So, to echo what you guys have said, the Bengals need a burner in this group. Cody Core may be that guy, but I don't know yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

1 hour ago, Big Alice said:

I think Brandon LaFell will be around for a long time. He'll never be a star, but he's come a long way from his days with the Panthers.

Tyler Boyd is going to be a nice #2. He reminds me of Golden Tate. Ultimately, he may be a better overall player than Marvin Jones. What he doesn't bring to the table, though, is over the top speed.

So, to echo what you guys have said, the Bengals need a burner in this group. Cody Core may be that guy, but I don't know yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

I will say this, Alice, Core literally shot down the sidelines on his 50-yarder. Had separation from the get-go. He sort of got away with a push off, but adjusted nicely to an under thrown ball. He showed all skills on that one pass. 

On 12/3/2016 at 5:33 PM, jhowdy54 said:

I would think wed be saving money next year cutting Peko, Maualuga, and MJ. However with how everything works in Cincinnati all will probably get contract extensions.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

See, it seems great in the abstract, cutting guys who are a little over the hill or underperforming, but there's a fundamental problem with removing guys: they have to be replaced by guys who will do at least as well.

The logical progression is to transition the primary playing time over to other guys while you still have some vets around to be stewards at their respective positions. 

The Bengals have their share of perennial issues, being hard against the cap isn't one of them. We don't *need* jettison every vet who isn't quite making the grade...we need to transition them out of the game. 

I'd love to get rid of Peko and I do not believe that he deserves to stay. However, it is fair to say the Bengals have struggled mightily in drafting the DL recently:

2nd Round: Devon Still

3rd Round: Brandon Thompson

2nd Round: Margus Hunt

3rd Round: Will Clarke

It sets the team back mightily when you invest 4 2nd and 3rd round picks on the DL and don't come up with 1 difference maker. 

If LaFell doesn't resign, I really really  would like for us to take a strong look at Cordarrell Patterson.

Love his size at 6'2" 220 lbs. and he is built like a tank.

Runs a 4.4 and he has been superb at kick offs.

I'd leave Erickson for punts.

Don't know if we resign James Wright. That knee of his has not been kind to him

Archived