!!!THE OFFICIAL EAGLES @ BENGALS GAME THREAD!!!

Vontaze is playing like an elite linebacker. There's little doubt about that. He's blowing shit up, he's decent enough in coverage. He'd probably be the best linebacker in football if he took care of his body. Hell, he should be just for longevity on that knee.

25 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Yeah, Charles Davis is probably the best announcer out there IMO. He does a ton of work on the draft so he's super knowledgeable about most of the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

He would do all of our games in a perfect world. Even if he does look like Don Cheadle.

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

I know.. I was just saying I was ok with the second one and will take more like it.

He's having a great game, no doubt, but he looks like the heavy guy who ran a 4.9 at the combine this year. Those two plays against Wentz were the ponly two where you could see his straight line speed. Wentz ran a 4.8 at the combine, so not exactly Mike Vick.

He's having a great game, no doubt, but he looks like the heavy guy who ran a 4.9 at the combine this year. Those two plays against Wentz were the ponly two where you could see his straight line speed. Wentz ran a 4.8 at the combine, so not exactly Mike Vick.

Who cares???
Best player on our defense (sans Geno and Los maybe) even if he is a fat ass!!!!

6 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Did Fisher start at RT?

Quite late reply but Winston was announced when they introduced the offense at the game.

What happened to Ogbuhi?  One of those famous phantom injuries in practice or just benched.  I don't recall seeing him at all but wasn't really looking.

15 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Quite late reply but Winston was announced when they introduced the offense at the game.

What happened to Ogbuhi?  One of those famous phantom injuries in practice or just benched.  I don't recall seeing him at all but wasn't really looking.

Winston got the start.  I thought I heard Ogbuhi didn't play..

On 12/4/2016 at 8:49 PM, Montana Bengal said:

Winston got the start.  I thought I heard Ogbuhi didn't play..

On 12/5/2016 at 8:11 AM, Le Tigre said:

Must have been inactive...didn't see him at all, and he never came in after Fisher was hurt and the various line shuffles.

Per Dehner...

PERSONNEL CHANGE

The evolution of Cedric Ogbuehi’s first season as a starting right tackle took another turn. For the first time this season, the 2015 first-round pick didn’t start as veteran Eric Winston took his place. Ogbuehi had been in a rotation since a loss in New England, but he was relieved of his part-time role against Philadelphia as 2015 second-round pick Jake Fisher joined what became a 50-50 rotation. Ogbuehi never entered the game.

Marvin Lewis evaded the question about Ogbuehi's future after the game only stating he made the move giving the team its best chance to win games.  http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/12/04/instant-analysis-why-bengals-beat-eagles/94964096/

Ced is clearly not ready and it's only pure stubbornness/incompetence that kept him in the starting lineup for as long as he was in there, this guy was clearly not ready to start but they threw him in there so he could "develop". The Bengals offense paid the price for Ced's development as they frequently under performed due to him getting blown up in critical situations which resulted in him giving up a sack or pressure that lead to a negative play for the team. Dalton has been sacked a staggering 32 times this season, the 2nd most of his career, and the only game in which he wasn't sacked this entire season was last week, a game in which Cedric Obguehi didn't go onto the field during the game....coincidence, I think not!

So when the offense struggles and can't keep the ball the defense gets worn down and the entire team suffers, all because the coaching staff wants to play a first round pick that hasn't earned his starting role based on production but has been given the opportunity because of his perceived potential, draft status, and salary. 

Btw, I'm not blaming Ced because I don't think he was put in a position to succeed and when he was clearly struggling the coaches continued to put him in a position where he couldn't perform up to expectations. Ced has been quoting saying that he needs to get stronger and he clearly can't handle a bull rush from an good DE, or any other pass rush move to be honest, but coaching staff still started him for every game this year but one; a game in which they did something they haven't done all season, give up a sack. 

If he was a late round pick or UDFA he would be lucky to be on the practice squad, but this coaching staff started this guy for 12 weeks just to prove a point and ended up squandering a season in the process. 

Archived