RGIII to start Sunday vs Bengals

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -

The Cleveland Browns will start Robert Griffin III at quarterback for their game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

RGIII has not played for Cleveland since he got a shoulder injury in week 1 against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Griffin, who was named the team's starter during training camp, was placed on injured reserve after his season-opening start against the Eagles because of a shoulder injury. He's been back with the team at practice in recent weeks and was cleared for contact during the bye. Griffin was 12-of-26 for 190 yards in the Browns' Week 1 loss to the Eagles.

In the game against Philly he threw for 190 yards.

Cleveland is ranked 26th in passing yards this season with 2,684. The Browns have thrown 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 2016.

RGIII has not thrown a touchdown pass since he was with the Washington Redskins in 2014. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The also have the waiver wire high draft pick Guard on the team.

Poorly as we have been playing (coached) of late, this could be a trap game.  Browns do not want to go Ofer the season.

3 hours ago, membengal said:

If we truly wanted to fuck with Cleveland, we would mail it on defense, let him go off and look awesome, and help convince Hue et al to stick with him next year and pass up taking a QB #1 overall. 

Nahhh...they'd probably take one anyway.  Some habits just don't die.  :)

3 hours ago, membengal said:

If we truly wanted to fuck with Cleveland, we would mail it on defense, let him go off and look awesome, and help convince Hue et al to stick with him next year and pass up taking a QB #1 overall. 

3 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Nahhh...they'd probably take one anyway.  Some habits just don't die.  :)

Why wouldn't we want Cleveland to take another quarterback?  If they did, someone at a position we need would drop a slot closer to our grasp when we pick.  As far as them taking a quarterback, what's the difference?  They'll only mess him up, anyway.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Why wouldn't we want Cleveland to take another quarterback?  If they did, someone at a position we need would drop a slot closer to our grasp when we pick.  As far as them taking a quarterback, what's the difference?  They'll only mess him up, anyway.

Agreed.  I'd like to see them grab another QB...I enjoy seeing that Cleveland QB jersey every year...not sure where they'll put anymore names though..it's already at the ground.

1111.png?w=660

On 12/8/2016 at 5:24 PM, esjbh2 said:

Agreed.  I'd like to see them grab another QB...I enjoy seeing that Cleveland QB jersey every year...not sure where they'll put anymore names though..it's already at the ground.

1111.png?w=660

As I mentioned in the game thread, they showed a guy at the game on TV that had a Couch jersey with the first C covered up. Ouch!

Classic GM telling coach to start RGIII and find out if there is anything there.  Other than his horrible accuracy and no longer having 4.5 speed he looked great.

Funny how Cleveland forgot thatJay Gruden, at the time a brand new first time coach, convinced Daniel Snyder that his favorite player was so bad that he should be traded.  God they are stupid.

I was talking to a turds fan at a bar Saturday night and he was already congratulating me on the Bengals win yesterday. I told him that until they stick with a HC/QB combo for more than one season regardless of the results, they will be the same old browns.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Which leads me to believe classic Jimmy Haslam will appear in a little over three weeks...once again "going in a different direction". 

Hue, meet ash heap.

I just hope the ash heap is in Cleveland and he stays there.  I don't want him back here post Marvy.  I do not mean to wish the guy ill or harm or anything.  Seems like a nice enough guy, I just don't want Marvy part demux here.

Archived