The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Browns game 2

3 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Loving Boyd more and more

Yeah I don't know why some folks are worried about WR or even talking about how we need to draft one in the 1st round.  Our offensive "skill positions" are set. Shitcan our OL coach  and I suspect we'd be fine on that side of the ball.

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah I don't know why some folks are worried about WR or even talking about how we need to draft one in the 1st round.  Our offensive "skill positions" are set. Shitcan our OL coach  and I suspect we'd be fine on that side of the ball.

I think that a first rounder is definitely overkill but while I really like Boyd I am not sure we have a solid 2nd receiver. Maybe a year or 2 of DeSean Jackson would be nice. 

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

yep..

and I think our first pick needs to be some type of d-lineman that can get to the qb...

2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think that a first rounder is definitely overkill but while I really like Boyd I am not sure we have a solid 2nd receiver. Maybe a year or 2 of DeSean Jackson would be nice. 

Really? Looks pretty solid to me, particularly for a rookie.  I guess you can never have too many good WR's but I'd put that near the bottom of the list of needs.

2 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

yep..

and I think our first pick needs to be some type of d-lineman that can get to the qb...

OL or defense, any position IMHO.

Totally off-topic but just when you think Zimmer couldn't be any more of a badass homeboy gets an eyepatch.

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Good: winning is fun.

Bad: worrying about some "diminished" slot in the fucking draft

Seriously.  Like 4-5 spots higher in the draft guarantees us anything more than a bigger contract.  I'd rather spoil Shitsburgh's season.  The draft is a crap shoot.

5 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Nah, just ask Hobson - Andrew Billings is waiting in the wings!  I'm calling it here and now that there *will* be an article about him at some point in the offseason which states that he is "like a second first round pick" because although he was drafted in the fourth, he was *rated* a first round talent (by some), and so there you go.  And don't forget William Jackson, *definitely* a second first round pick right there, yessiirreeeee... :lol:

On a more serious note, I vote OL help first, DL second, LB third.  Yeah, you heard me, LB!  Even though Hobson told us Nick Vigil is the second coming of Kuechly, I still think we could add *more* to that stable of greatness!  Ok, so much for the serious note...

3 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Nah, just ask Hobson - Andrew Billings is waiting in the wings!  I'm calling it here and now that there *will* be an article about him at some point in the offseason which states that he is "like a second first round pick" because although he was drafted in the fourth, he was *rated* a first round talent (by some), and so there you go.  And don't forget William Jackson, *definitely* a second first round pick right there, yessiirreeeee... :lol:

On a more serious note, I vote OL help first, DL second, LB third.  Yeah, you heard me, LB!  Even though Hobson told us Nick Vigil is the second coming of Kuechly, I still think we could add *more* to that stable of greatness!  Ok, so much for the serious note...

At some point you have to go into fee agency and get a proven center or tackle,you can draft for talent but you fill needs with free agency

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Really liking Boyd and Core backing AJ and LaFell.  Erickson's return game alone gives him a spot.  I'm over Wright though.  If they get a premium pick for McWebb and a 3rd round Comp, I'd be fine with a speedster in the 3rd or 4th round, but definitely as acute a need as it seemed a month ago.  The OLine on the other hand...need at least one starting caliber guy out for the new OL coach, at least two (preferably three guys in the front seven), a solid DB or two wouldn't hurt and possibly a replacement for the McWebb (between the draft & FA)  Biggest need is

Good: Dalton, Eifert,Boyd

Bad: run defense (see ugly) and pass blocking

Ugly: Dansby and Williams need to be replaced so badly. Watch highlights, Williams and Dansby are just awful on every long run just like every other week. Williams takes horrible angles misses tackles and Dansby looks clueless and slow and it's a common occurence for em both every week. Those 2  brought this defense down a peg all on their own. If don't go oline early rounds next year I'm all for drafting their replacements round 1 & 2.

https://youtu.be/Slnb8PBzmZw

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Seriously.  Like 4-5 spots higher in the draft guarantees us anything more than a bigger contract.  I'd rather spoil Shitsburgh's season.  The draft is a crap shoot.

Yes and no.... Yes it is a crap shoot, especially with the clueless Bengals org. HOWEVER- that 5 draft slots can mean the different between a Khalil Mack or Von Miller and an average/slightly above average DE) or same for tackles on Oline.

HUGE difference if you select wisely... and then, of course this dumbshit staff would need to actually play said player, instead of just waiting for Michael Johnsons contract to run out.

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

So, by your logic, it is OK for the team to quit, amirite?

So, of course, you would never have a complaint if they did just that? 

Are you referring to big_dish?  He would be furious if they "quit".  He got mad before the 2015 season because he said the team did not care about winning.

:D

Archived