A.J Green expected to play Saturday

Marv running a tight ship as always

Bob Holtzman ESPN 

holtzman_bob_m.jpg&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

There are some unhappy people in the Bengals organization about how this AJ Green situation was handled. I'm told the offense had been preparing all week expecting Green to play and that neither the players nor the coaches knew anything different until last night. One source told me, "the rug got pulled out from under us." I was told the decision was made by ownership.

always

2 hours ago, Jason said:

At first I wanted him to play.  But after reading there was a chance he could tear a tendon if he did, I agree with sitting him.  Could have been handled better though.

I agree. It def could of been handled better. Greens been being asked if he's playing again this year for weeks even answering  "not playing would be a coward move." To wait to let him know your plans are to sit him the eve before a game when they prepared all week like he would be there and  make him take a flight and spend time away from his family for no reason on Xmas eve at that is pretty shitty. I don't know what odds are for him to tear a tendon or get hurt worse but in a situation like this with him only needing 35 yds to tie Moss for only players in history to have 6 straight 1k seasons to start career give the player all the proper info and let him decide as long as it isn't to great a risk. I'm sure they could use AJ just situational and get him the accolades of being only the 2nd person in history to accomplish something he's earned without much risk. Especially playing in Houston it's not gonna be freezing so he should be able to stay loose pretty easily. 

I can def see why he would be mad along with the rest of players and coaches but I can also see M Browns point of view as well. Just hope his decision were in Aj and teams best interest and not trying to make sure Aj doesnt hit one of his incentives. If it is team and Aj he's thinking of it wont be a big deal and will be forgotten next Year

47 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Were there any performance bonuses in AJ's contract he could have hit if he played?  

Not sure but I hope not. Wouldn't suprise me if there were some in there for total # of seasons getting 1k yds or more over course of contract or something similar that could come back up in the future. With the Nfl ratings being down and networks having to pay back some ad money for not reaching enough views of their advertisements it wouldn't suprise me if it played into M Browns decision. He is a lawyer and businessman after all and has always ran the team with an eye towards the future. I hope that's not the case though.

Archived