Vike DB's Mutiny on Zim

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

So much this.  Unfortunately I'm not sure I can see MB giving him the authority I expect he'd demand.  Firing a guy under contract would be something of a shock in itself.

Marvin seems to have been given authority, he just sucks at wielding it.

3 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Marvin seems to have been given authority, he just sucks at wielding it.

Incidentally I noticed that on the last drive Marv was consistently feeding Zampese "ideas" (actually looked like outright commands)... you think he "took over" like he has done with the defense in the past?  Or just was giving him the 'do a run now, do a pass now' kind of thing?  Honestly if he can't trust his coordinators the team is already f'ed.

5 hours ago, snarkster said:

Decide to ignore the game plan and get torched.  When Zim speaks...

Still though, not good.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/vikings-dbs-ditch-coach-mike-zimmers-game-plan-then-get-roasted-by-packers-001834122.html

Great catch and post. +1

The comments are also interesting for the fans' insight and impressions of Zim and the team.

I commented (Mr.) "Maybe the Vikings can make a trade with the Cincinnati Bengals. Mike Zimmer for Marvin Lewis. The Bengal fans would love it and the Minnesota Vikings fans could see what real ineptitude leading to a world of suck and mediocrity is. Widely known in Cincinnati as Mediocre Marvin. Bengal fans would love to see him back here and Marvin out."

28 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Incidentally I noticed that on the last drive Marv was consistently feeding Zampese "ideas" (actually looked like outright commands)... you think he "took over" like he has done with the defense in the past?  Or just was giving him the 'do a run now, do a pass now' kind of thing?  Honestly if he can't trust his coordinators the team is already f'ed.

Microphone Marv was telling Zamboni what he was to say during his press conference.

9 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

He was probably telling Zampese to run the shovel pass!  

11 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

I'm heavily leaning towards not trusting his coordinators.  He's done the same thing with Guenther too.   With a coach getting ready to be fired, maybe assistants are getting " bold " but not necessarily smart.   Marvin played a huge part in the coaches hiring so don't look very pretty for some of the assistants either.   

On 12/25/2016 at 8:40 AM, HavePityPlease said:

He was telling them that they would be going for it on 4th down so Zampese knew on 2nd or 3rd and long that they had more chances to reduce distance instead of getting it all.

Archived