UPDATE: Marvin Lewis Should Have Been Fired Upon End Of Disappointing Season

10 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

And who exactly is dying for this gig?

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Considering there are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs available, my guess is plenty of people.

This team is not in the same place it was the last time it was looking for a head coach.  It has been successful most of the past several years, and is loaded with talent.

33 minutes ago, Hooky said:

The article just spews the same annual speculation of ML getting fired. Or did I miss something?

Pretty much.  Shotgun journalism - print a bunch of "rumors" and hope some of it hits.  If you're right it's a big scoop and if not it's forgotten.

Forbes is a weird source, though.

43 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

I know a lot of us were clamoring for Mike Zimmer but the Vikings imploded this year and there was talk

of a mutiny by the Vikings CB's in yesterday's game.  I know they had some OL injuries but still.  

And Peterson and their QB.

3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

And who exactly is dying for this gig?

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

LB coach Jim Haslet.  Part of/familiar with the organization (beholding to the Browns for a job), head coaching experience (although sucky).  Won't upset the apple cart and no changes to the MikeandKatie Brown noser coordinators.

And I agree with everyone and hope I'm wrong.

14 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

Yep although I don't think they would have performed any better at QB with Bridgewater than what they did with

Bradford.  btw the friggin stoolers won.  :glare:

I think they would have been at least a little better.  Bridgewater knew the offense better, and I think he's a better QB.

3 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Agree Jason..I hope if this is true Vance Joseph gets hired!!

Dolphins defense is 30th in the league.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement.  

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think they would have been at least a little better.  Bridgewater knew the offense better, and I think he's a better QB.

Possibly.  They definitely would have been better with Peterson in there regardless of who was qb'ing. 

Couldn't think of a better way to this ass-fucj of a year, but it ain't happenin.'  I'd love to see it just to shit can alexander (although the ne Browns next pick will probably such an inbred one that they'll keep).

I'm probably the only one, but every time Mr. Marvins speaks anymore, all I hear is:

Didn't do our jobs, mkay.  Losin's bad, mkay.  Gotta do our jobs, mkay.  Jobs are important, mkay.

mr-mackey-picture.png

Forbes is not wrong.   There were rumors from a  consistent source at the last home game.  There will be promotions from within but the head coaching position is being offered outside the organization.   Take it for what it's worth but knowing the source,  I consider it reliable.   Not sure how Forbes got ahold of the story but it's been out there for a while. 

9 minutes ago, Numbers said:

There will be promotions from within but the head coaching position is being offered outside the organization.  

If HC is an outside hire but they intend to promote from within (God help us), that would have to mean some other coaches are getting fired, too. 

Archived