UPDATE: Marvin Lewis Should Have Been Fired Upon End Of Disappointing Season

Marvin Lewis: 'I'll be back' with Cincinnati Bengals

Marvin Lewis isn't going anywhere.

"I'll be back in 2017," the Bengals coach told SiriusXM NFL Radio, silencing rumors he might retire.

Lewis is closing out his first losing season since 2010 and will miss the playoffs for the first time in five years.

In 14 seasons at the helm, Lewis has guided theBengals to an 117-103-3 record. This season will mark just the fourth time his team has finished worse than 8-8.

While fans have become disenchanted with the lack of playoff success (0-7), there is no arguing that Lewis has been a net positive for a Cincinnati franchise that was lost at sea before he entered the picture.

"Marvin Lewis raised the Titanic," former Bengalssafety Solomon Wilcots once told NFL.com's Dan Hanzus. "This team was at the bottom of the ocean when he came in. They are (now) a perennial playoff team."

Lewis has one year left on his contract. Given the integral role Lewis plays throughout the building, in both player evaluation and coaching, it's likely that owner Mike Brown will allow him to decide when it's time to walk away.

Lewis has kicked that decision further down the road.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000765679/article/marvin-lewis-ill-be-back-in-2017?campaign=Twitter_atn

And there goes any semblance of excitement for 2017. I guess I'll focus on 2018 at this point. Let's bring back Peko, Hill, MJ, Gilberry, Maualuga, and Bodine. If at first, second, and third you don't succeed, try again five more times. 

Abd get get rid of Burkhead too. I hate his style. 

Can't wait to see which top 10 pick doesn't play and which tackle rotates series with Winston next season too. #74 is eligible!!!

It's such a joke. 15 year Twilight Zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Griever said:

Groundhog day

Deja vu all over again.

Next year Marvin will lead the team to a scorching 8-8 season and be given a contract extension for showing improvement.  :ph34r:, but shoot me if it turns out to be true.

Now the only thing keeping Marvin here is greed.  Considering the product he has put on the field he certainly does not have any pride or integrity.  

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Fuck Marvin Lewis. 

36 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

After the way last season ended with the loss in the Playoffs to the Cheaters,

this was a make it or break it year for me as far as Marvin went. No excuses.

He broke it. So fuck him. 

I thought you were a Marv Vader fan?  Welcome to the Dark Side, Luke.

And welcome back to the board from a too-long hiatus.  Now if someone will get ahold of Mully and Lucid and Arkansas and any number of the old crew we can get the band back together.

What happened to Rhode Island?  I hope he wasn't banned.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Deja vu all over again.

Next year Marvin will lead the team to a scorching 8-8 season and be given a contract extension for showing improvement.  :ph34r:, but shoot me if it turns out to be true.

Now the only thing keeping Marvin here is greed.  Considering the product he has put on the field he certainly does not have any pride or integrity.  

No chance they sell out more than 2 games next season unless this team somehow makes a marked improvement. How that happens when youre an old team, I don't know. 

Maybe this is just Marvin saying something dumb and inaccurate again. Like the time he told the media that no organization fires a coach who has been to the playoffs 4 years in a row, then the next day John Fox got fired and the Broncos won the super bowl the following year. 

Thats probably my favorite Marvin moment ever. Cluelessness at its peak. 

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No; more status quo. 

Gonna go out there and be competitive. We're gonna participate for a full 60 minutes of game clock as contractually obligated.

Your 2017 Cincinnati Bengals - an officially licensed NFL product.

Clap-clap-clap

Do your job...

th-7.jpeg

10 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

So glad he is back next season.

We get that LB that can cover at #8 and a Center who can run and pass block at #40 and sign a FA kicker who can actually make FG's and this team is the #1 seed next season.

I would like to introduce you to someone.

:ph34r:

His name is Mr. Ninja and he is the board symbol for when something is said tongue-in-cheek or sarcastically.

Mr. :ph34r: can be your friend.

I would like to trade up and get Peppers in the first round.  Center in the second, Elflrin would be fine.  Maybe Bodine could be a road blocker guard.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I would like to introduce you to someone.

:ph34r:

His name is Mr. Ninja and he is the board symbol for when something is said tongue-in-cheek or sarcastically.

Mr. :ph34r: can be your friend.

I would like to trade up and get Peppers in the first round.  Center in the second, Elflrin would be fine.  Maybe Bodine could be a road blocker guard.

Where would peppers play? Curious how you think he will fit into this defense, I just don't see a fit. Is he our new OLB or is he a safety?

o and No Ninja, this team is going to be really really good next season.

3 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Still can't figure out if you're being sarcastic. But god I hope so. 

Nope, i would like to see a new offensive coordinator. Lewis a great coach, like i have said in many posts, he you give the team 15pts and they are a 9-5 team going into Sunday.

Dalton didn't have his #2,#3, and #4 targets from 2015 we all knew this would be a growing season for him and the offensive line. Oline ended up sucking and so the running game sucked and the passing game was missing to much power. 

This team is well prepared for next season to go on a big run, I'm really excited for it.

28 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

Nope, i would like to see a new offensive coordinator. Lewis a great coach, like i have said in many posts, he you give the team 15pts and they are a 9-5 team going into Sunday.

Dalton didn't have his #2,#3, and #4 targets from 2015 we all knew this would be a growing season for him and the offensive line. Oline ended up sucking and so the running game sucked and the passing game was missing to much power. 

This team is well prepared for next season to go on a big run, I'm really excited for it.

Holy heck you were not being sarcastic. Hopefully there aren't more like you. Marvin would stay until he's in cob webs. 

Archived