UPDATE: Marvin Lewis Should Have Been Fired Upon End Of Disappointing Season

Don't take this as an endorsement for Marvin, because I've become convinced that the ceiling for this team with him as head coach is a first-round playoff loss, BUT...

With an average kicker who could have, you know, made extra points, they would have likely been 8-8.  If the new guy had made the 43-yarder against Houston, they'd have been 9-7.  Nothing to celebrate, but a reason to see the glass half full, especially since the schedule was stacked against them.  It's been mentioned before, but heading into the game the Sunday before Thanksgiving, they'd played three home games and had played at Pittsburgh, at Dallas, at New England, and at London.

Since we're stuck with Marvin, we can at least hope that the schedule lines up more favorably and that they go out and find that average kicker.

23 hours ago, SF2 said:

Since Marvin has been the coach, Pittsburgh has won 4 AFC Championship and 3 Superbowls.

Finally, this team does not have the players to make any type of deep run.  The oline is  not very good, our pass rush is weak and our secondary is a old train wreck waiting to happen.  We lost a lot of games this year because we are not good.

Pissburp has won 2 Super Bowls.

Damn. So you're saying the Bengals won games because of Marvin?

I 100% full and well no :ph34r: expect Marvass to be given another contract extension for a year or more within the next few weeks, most likely after the time when current season ticket holders have to commit for next season.

The Mike part of MikeandKatie will call a press conference, step to the podium and announce that...

Based on the final game of the season ... the team is on the right track and showing improvement ( :2dedhorse:) under the leadership of Marvin Lewis ( :34:) and that he has earned the right to continue to keep the team moving in its current direction. Continuity, even keel and all that even though the keel is pointing to the sky from the bottom of the capsized SS Bengal about to go all the way under.

Yeah, we won.  I didn't even think about the fact that we were winning until near the end of the first half and ... "so you're saying there's a chance?".  Caught the post game interview with Ravens coach Harbaugh where he said the team was not flat or tanking, but still reeling from the screwing loss to the Squeels the week before.  Understandable, actually.  And then he started slobbering Steve Smith's knob and even Bengals radio cut away.  Anyway...

And we STILL saw the classic Marvinisms we have seen for the last decade+ ... At the end of the first half, the Bengals had plenty of time to score another touch down but instead fiddle farted around and settled for a late field goal  The last possession with Andy running a Chinese fire drill rather than getting the team to the line and a play off quickly or stopping the clock for one more shot at the end zone was classic Marvloser.

Second Half....  Nothing happened on the Bengals side of the ball.  ZERO half time adjustments... ZERO.  Where have we heard that before?  Baltimore was still terrible but something of a pulse.  I thought there was the possibility of them tying it up and going to overtime for another game ending tie... which would have been perfectly fitting.  I said something in the stands and got a laugh.  In the fourth quarter Burkhead busted free for a touchdown and I thought that was all him but other than that, nothing.

So nothing has changed with Marv.  And I fully expect another extension.  Next year easier schedule and healthier players and a better record.  And another extension for Shampoo Marv ... lather, rinse, repeat,  When does it stop.

MikeandKatie have more of a commitment to Marvin than they do to the team and the fans.  Word was Marvin was given more control of the team, it now appears he has complete control of the team.

55 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Pissburp has won 2 Super Bowls.

Damn. So you're saying the Bengals won games because of Marvin?

I stand corrected, 2 Super Bowls 11-6 in the playoffs.  Yep the Bengals have won all those playoff games because of Marvin.  You have always accepted mediocrity,..enjoy.

Just now, SF2 said:

I stand corrected, 2 Super Bowls 11-6 in the playoffs.  Yep the Bengals have won all those playoff games because of Marvin.  You have always accepted mediocrity,..enjoy.

All I can do is laugh.

So on that note, eat shit and enjoy.

Obviously you misread my post. You said the team was horrible. I asked if they won because of Marvin?

With the coaches from LA, Buffalo, Jax, San Fran, and now San Diego all being fired, i soooo wanted to see Cincy join the party today...but since Mike is the ultimate gutless loser and coward, of course we'd hold onto starvin Marvin for more of the same next year. Uuughhhh

16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

By the way just to stand you up and correct you again, I started this thread. I said Merry Fucking Christmas to the news he was being fired.

I said "Crappy New Year" to the news he was staying. I edited the thread title to say he should have been fired.

So again, eat shit. And the person that +1 you can share it with you. :pointlaff:

20 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

All I can do is laugh.

So on that note, eat shit and enjoy.

Obviously you misread my post. You said the team was horrible. I asked if they won because of Marvin?

No, I side the team is mediocre and will probably squeak into a Wildcard spot with a weak schedule.  For many here that is good enough.  I apologize if I misread your previous posts.

I am in sales and every week all of our numbers are broadcast to everyone in the firm. Marvin is the 15 year middle aged guy who is always in the middle of the pack and never goes the goes the extra mile necessary to come out near the top.  Meanwhile, young hungary guys have to wait in line because management won't give them a chance because mediocre is good enough to keep your job.

BTW, I don't blame Marvin for still being here anymore than I blame a half assed guy I work with for still having a job.

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

No, I side the team is mediocre and will probably squeak into a Wildcard spot with a weak schedule.  For many here that is good enough.  I apologize if I misread your previous posts.

I am in sales and every week all of our numbers are broadcast to everyone in the firm. Marvin is the 15 year middle aged guy who is always in the middle of the pack and never goes the goes the extra mile necessary to come out near the top.  Meanwhile, young hungary guys have to wait in line because management won't give them a chance because mediocre is good enough to keep your job.

BTW, I don't blame Marvin for still being here anymore than I blame a half assed guy I work with for still having a job.

Hungarian Guys?

Coaches out

Rams Jeff Fisher
Jaguars Gus Bradley
Bills Rex Ryan
Broncos Gary Kubiak
Chargers Mike McCoy
49ers Chip Kelly

Among the coaches being rumored are Vance Joseph. Lets wait another year until that tree that you built sheds all its branches and we don't have anyone to turn to. 

At this point I would rather have Zimmer-Hue and Joseph then Marvin. 

5 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Coaches out

Rams Jeff Fisher
Jaguars Gus Bradley
Bills Rex Ryan
Broncos Gary Kubiak
Chargers Mike McCoy
49ers Chip Kelly

Among the coaches being rumored are Vance Joseph. Lets wait another year until that tree that you built sheds all its branches and we don't have anyone to turn to. 

At this point I would rather have Zimmer-Hue and Joseph then Marvin. 

Enne meenie chili beanie

The Spirits are about to SPEAK...

th-6.jpeg

Maaahh vin... Maaahh vin ...

Maaahhh vin gonna get contraaac exxxtennnshun

Despite my shots at him, I don't hate Marvin.  During his tenure he's done a lot of very good things fro the franchise and i really do appreciate them.  Having said that though, I think with most HCi'ng positions there comes time for a change.  It's my belief that we probably reached that point last season and it's definitely time now.  My fear is that he returns next year, goes 9-7/8-8 and either snags the last WC or is close so they give him another year and then another and pretty soon age has cought up with solid parts of our current nucleus and they've been totally wasted.  I want to thank Marvin and then go in a fresh direction. 

As for Alexander?  I just want him the fuck outta here yesterday.  If he does stay, I want him locked out of the draft room until at least the fifth or sixth round.

3 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Despite my shots at him, I don't hate Marvin.  During his tenure he's done a lot of very good things fro the franchise and i really do appreciate them.  Having said that though, I think with most HCi'ng positions there comes time for a change.  It's my belief that we probably reached that point last season and it's definitely time now.  My fear is that he returns next year, goes 9-7/8-8 and either snags the last WC or is close so they give him another year and then another and pretty soon age has cought up with solid parts of our current nucleus and they've been totally wasted.  I want to thank Marvin and then go in a fresh direction. 

As for Alexander?  I just want him the fuck outta here yesterday.  If he does stay, I want him locked out of the draft room until at least the fifth or sixth round.

I dont hate Marvin either... I just don't want him to be the head coach of the Bengals anymore...

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

By the way just to stand you up and correct you again, I started this thread. I said Merry Fucking Christmas to the news he was being fired.

I said "Crappy New Year" to the news he was staying. I edited the thread title to say he should have been fired.

So again, eat shit. And the person that +1 you can share it with you. :pointlaff:

ha ha

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2016 at 11:32 AM, Madieu Superstar said:

I'd love to have him as a D.C for the new coach though. 

he's strictly a 3-4 defensive coordinator, they don't have the pieces for a that... So many players would be playing out of position. 

15 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Dangit!

I saw this thread was back at the top and had hoped it was because of news that  Marvin got canned ... :46:

At this point there's no reason to think Marvin won't be here until he decides to retire.  Unless he's on some deep undercover Gustavo Fring shit and gets caught. Otherwise, forget it.

CnRvtNdXYAI6bxJ.jpg                 marvin-lewis1.jpg

:o

20 hours ago, T-Dub said:

At this point there's no reason to think Marvin won't be here until he decides to retire. 

The fact that he just gets one year at a time with his extensions is a reason to believe that he does not have a guaranteed lifetime contract.

Archived